Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Jacket opinions...

Jacket opinions...

Anyone wear a Speed and Strength jacket? I'm looking at the "off the chain" jacket and wanted to know if anyone here wore won and could give me an honest review.

Thanks.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Jacket opinions...

Don't get the point of having a hood on a riding jacket....

'02 F4i

I had a Speed and Strength jacket for me first two seasons of riding. it held up well. I never had any incidents in it though, so I cant comment on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazinator View Post
    Don't get the point of having a hood on a riding jacket....
    The inner liner is a hoody. Not just a hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Qube View Post
    I had a Speed and Strength jacket for me first two seasons of riding. it held up well. I never had any incidents in it though, so I cant comment on that.
    Glad to hear both, that it held up well and that you didn't have incident.

Lifer
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; DROIDX Build/4.5.1_57_DX5-32) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I have one that I have used all summer this year. Actually quite comfy and no signs of wear at all. Jacket fits a bit big in comparison to my other jackets. I got the textile one.

Quote Originally Posted by rice_rocket View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; DROIDX Build/4.5.1_57_DX5-32) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I have one that I have used all summer this year. Actually quite comfy and no signs of wear at all. Jacket fits a bit big in comparison to my other jackets. I got the textile one.
    Was it comfortable in the summer heat?

I have had the SS Twist of Fate original version textile jacket for a couple years and really like it. It is my go-to summer jacket. Lots of well placed vents to keep it cool and keep from puffing up, yet it also feels very protective with back, shoulder, elbow, forearm padding. The sleeves adjust in circumference so the elbow pads don't slip around off your elbows.

Speed & Strength Twist of Fate Textile Jacket from STG - YouTube

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by loki32687 View Post
    Was it comfortable in the summer heat?
    Actually funny thing, the last poster... after looking at the video, I have the twist of fate textile (not mesh) as well.

Surprisingly it was pretty good this summer. My full mesh textile first gear one was a little cooler, but not a whole lot considering it was full mesh vs the textile. I read some reviews from the website I bought it from and there were people that mentioned the textile was actually cooler than the full mesh one due to where they put the venting pockets. Honestly I don't see that it has any fancy pockets that are different than my leather jacket for vents, except for two right over the shoulders.

I do like the extra shoulder guards and a larger back protector (in compared to others). Still they aren't going to do super wonders in a big crash, it's just that much more than the others that have smaller thinner pieces

Just go and buy a fully perf'd Vanson leather. Breathes like a t-shirt, protects like race gear. Their mesh summer jackets are kick ass too: mesh chest, textile arms with leather under the cordura and armor under that.

Ya gets what ya pays fer...

turning water into watts Woodsy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NPDCPA View Post
    Just go and buy a fully perf'd Vanson leather. Breathes like a t-shirt, protects like race gear. Their mesh summer jackets are kick ass too: mesh chest, textile arms with leather under the cordura and armor under that.

Ya gets what ya pays fer...
    Have you tried S&S or are you just vanson snobbing? A lot of products out there are actually stepping up the quality and providing it at a really competitive price point. The old adage "ya get what ya pays fer..." as you so eloquently put it, applies both ways. Some times for vanson money you are getting the same level of protection afforded by products that cost less, and sometimes vanson's cost is justified. Just saying, expensive does not equal best.

Another Ducati snob #1 masshole's Avatar

I purchased a Rev-it textile with removable liner this year and love it! It was great on the warmer days and really warm on the cooler days we've been having. Quality is superb. No signs of wear then again I haven't taken a spill with it on either.
    Got it from Sarah formerly of Seacoast Powersports.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Have you tried S&S or are you just vanson snobbing? A lot of products out there are actually stepping up the quality and providing it at a really competitive price point. The old adage "ya get what ya pays fer..." as you so eloquently put it, applies both ways. Some times for vanson money you are getting the same level of protection afforded by products that cost less, and sometimes vanson's cost is justified. Just saying, expensive does not equal best.
    Thank you.

I'm pretty certain this will be the jacket I'm getting. I just wanted to know if anyone had any reviews for me before I purchase.

07 S4RS

turning water into watts Woodsy's Avatar

Thank you.

I'm pretty certain this will be the jacket I'm getting. I just wanted to know if anyone had any reviews for me before I purchase.
    I have not owned one but i have tried them and ridden with them. For the pricepoint you really cannot get much better. I would say it is on par or better than the dearly departed Shift brand (i ride with a shift and love it). Is it as good as a dianese? probably not but at a third the price it is a good buy

Quote Originally Posted by qqac View Post
    I have had the SS Twist of Fate original version textile jacket for a couple years and really like it. It is my go-to summer jacket. Lots of well placed vents to keep it cool and keep from puffing up, yet it also feels very protective with back, shoulder, elbow, forearm padding. The sleeves adjust in circumference so the elbow pads don't slip around off your elbows.

Speed & Strength Twist of Fate Textile Jacket from STG - YouTube
    I have that same jacket. Only wore it a few times though, I got an xxl and lost a bunch of weight so it no longer fits. I actually forgot until now that I have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Qube View Post
    I have that same jacket. Only wore it a few times though, I got an xxl and lost a bunch of weight so it no longer fits. I actually forgot until now that I have it.
    That may be my size.....Not sure need to go try a few on.

07 S4RS

That may be my size.....Not sure need to go try a few on.
    If you find out that it's your size, let me know if you're interested. I have it on craigslist right now for $80.

I have a SS hell & Back jacket, first one I bought all of the zippers broke. I emailed the company and they had me send it back for repair, they ended up just sending me a brand new jack (got to swap colors too, had black wanted orange). They sent me a brand new one free of charge, said that some earlier ones had problematic zippers and they had fixed the problem.

It has been great since (2 seasons with it). quality is good (now), protection seems good (havent put it to the test). Fit and finish is nice. Its not vented as much as I would like, but works pretty well. This one has removable lower sleeves that leave behind a mesh liner with the elbow pads, works well in high heat.

I dont think it is as warm for early/late season riding as my Fieldsheer with a fleece liner, but with a light sweatshirt it is OK into October-ish.