Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Help me organize my garage

Re: Help me organize my garage

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post

but it's looking good! I love for a spot like that to be my office and workspace
    the steel desk you see in the photo's will remain as a terminal to my network, and the internet, I currently only use it as a download terminal for my data collector

my office, is behind the photo's I have been posting Help me organize my garage-img_2613-jpgHelp me organize my garage-img_2612-jpg

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

working on gussets & braces Help me organize my garage-img_2616-jpg

RandyO
    IBA#9560

almost ready to push the bench back against the wall, I am just going to add a hardwood board as a lip to keep 10mm sockets from falling off the back of the bench, then I'm done with needing to get behind the bench to screw in fasteners

don't tell me it is overbuilt, 6x6s were cheaper than 2x6s

Help me organize my garage-img_2617-jpg

RandyO
    IBA#9560

I have all the fasteners & pegs in that are going on the wall side, jacking up the leading edge with a floor jack and sawdust made it fairly easy to get in place, I'm gonna have to jack up each side to get the sawdust from underneath the posts, I may have to shim one or 2 of em, I haven't put a level on it yet

Help me organize my garage-img_2618-jpgHelp me organize my garage-img_2619-jpg

I have the cross joists finished, ready for the top, first, a layer of plywood underlayment, then 5/4 maple

Help me organize my garage-img_2620-jpg

Last edited by RandyO; 04-20-21 at 05:42 PM.
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

I had a doc appointment in Portsmouth this morning, so it wasn't very far out of my way to wonder over to Highland Hardwoods, in Brentwood, they didn't quite have enuf of surfaced 5/4 in stock, so I ended up getting 6/4 more board feet, added about $75 to my anticipated price of just under $500, total came to $565, got caught in rain just as I pulled in my driveway, unloaded as quick as I could, but my dehumidifier will be going full bore the next couple days, I'm going to buy a new skil saw, my old homeowner model isn't up to this kind of work, and I'm looking to get a larger blade, for 1 pass cutting of 4" wood https://www.amazon.com/SKILSAW-SPT70.../dp/B018E9NJVK

Help me organize my garage-img_2623-jpg

RandyO
    IBA#9560

my new vise arrived (7"), as well as my new 10¼" worm drive 15a SkilSaw, now that I have the saw, I can finish my bench, my old saw woulda burnt out a quarter way thru the first hard maple plank, I also picked up a 25ft 10ga extension for the saw Help me organize my garage-img_2629-jpg

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Progress, I have the plywood underlayment, ready for the 6/4 hard maple top

Help me organize my garage-img_2631-jpgHelp me organize my garage-img_2633-jpg

Help me organize my garage-img_2636-jpg

Last edited by RandyO; 05-03-21 at 01:54 PM.
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

my makeshift table saw, my maple was surfaced 2 sides (top & bottom) with one straight edge, I have found the other edge up to 3/8" diff going down the board, so I'm doing it with a fence, c-clamps, and wood clamps to my saw horses, weighted down with other planks. Gotta get a new blade for my son's chop saw, it's dull as shit, it cuts softwood ok, but burns the second it touches hard maple Help me organize my garage-img_2638-jpg

RandyO
    IBA#9560

I've had to take care of some paying work, so haven't had much progress, got the hardwood cut for one side, ready to screw down

Help me organize my garage-img_2642-jpg

RandyO
    IBA#9560

finally, back to work on my bench, I have reduced my hardwood lumber to scraps, left wing of the bench is lagged down and ready for planing/sanding, I have the right side cut, and ready to lag down Help me organize my garage-img_2671-jpgHelp me organize my garage-img_2670-jpg

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

Thumbs up Re: Help me organize my garage

https://www.harborfreight.com/18-in-...der-60433.html

These are on super sale today. Going to try and get at least 3. They are fantastic for jobs at hard to move locations like under the car or on a ladder.

Last edited by PurplePackage; 07-03-21 at 07:50 AM. Reason: on sale

I couldn't see what I was doing sanding, so I did something out of order, I installed an 8ft LED under my shelf, my pics don't do it justice, it is bright, a well illuminated work area
    Help me organize my garage-img_2680-jpgHelp me organize my garage-img_2681-jpg

RandyO
    IBA#9560

I found some old 35mm pics of my barn during construction, and scanned them. still working on my workbench

Help me organize my garage-barn1-jpg
    Help me organize my garage-barn2-jpg
    Help me organize my garage-barn3-jpg

RandyO
    IBA#9560

I think the $$$ I have spent for tools to complete this project is now $3k±. Once I get my office moved out, I now question whether it will primarily be a mechanical/fabricating shop, or woodworking shop

Help me organize my garage-img_2690-jpgHelp me organize my garage-img_2693-jpg

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Ah that’s your legendary low cost BMW

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    I found some old 35mm pics of my barn during construction, and scanned them. still working on my workbench
    Help me organize my garage-barn2-jpg
    Is that an '87 740 Wagon?? I miss mine.

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    Ah that’s your legendary low cost BMW
    yes, least cost/ mile of any vehicle I have owned in recent/semi recent history, probably the most fun vehicle I have ever owned, had over 475k when it got rear ended & totaled

Quote Originally Posted by OneCheekRider View Post
    Is that an '87 740 Wagon?? I miss mine.
    I don't remember what model year, 86, 87, sounds about right, it was a beater I paid $500, a tank in the snow, that's for sure, always reliable, drove it to the scrap yard on it's own when it was no longer worthy of $$ to get it inspected

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Some good ideas in here. Makes me want to reorganize my garage space.

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    youtube
    #1 thing is space space space space

He's good but he's got a whole bay dedicated to tools and equipment.

His tools are organized but take up multiple bays (granted he's got A LOT of tools)

I for one know I simply don't have the garage space or toolbox space to be that meticulous and I try for sure. For example my drawer for pliers isn't tall enough to stand them up to save space.

My single car garage already has a small car and a Grom it in. Every inch of floor space has to be saved, so I try to put as much stuff as possible on the walls with cabinets and hooks and that helps a lot. Bikes I don't use often have to be kept at a remote garage and rotated as needed.

I do LOVE his can shaker idea though.

Currently trying to figure out a way to remove the fixed vertical stairs to the attic (never gets used) to free up more space with foldable or temp ladder of sorts and cabinet in its location

I’m in a good spot this year. Have some in-laws who have retired to Florida, still have their house in Massachusetts. They had a successful side business they operated for 20-something years doing embroidery and built a 2 car garage with full loft for the business. It’s heated, insulated, and plumbed. They’ve emptied it and are allowing me to rent it from the for the price of keeping it heated to protect the plumbing. They will be selling the property, but it will likely be at least a year or two. They still spend their summers here.

So far I’ve stripped down my CRF450R for a motor rebuild where it will come back to life as a motard. Next up is Degsy’s Viffer for a new shock, exhaust, and some cosmetics. After that it’s my Multi on the lift to get a massive list of upgrades and maintenance done.

Help me organize my garage-5dd8666a-7c37-4500-a8fc-065fba4fa162Help me organize my garage-16eec539-8616-400d-aa07-ccf3a095399aHelp me organize my garage-b9ddc01b-d9ce-4000-bd88-2effcd3d087bHelp me organize my garage-ad070375-9496-475f-ba94-c0c0c794ac77

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    I’m in a good spot this year. Have some in-laws who have retired to Florida, still have their house in Massachusetts. They had a successful side business they operated for 20-something years doing embroidery and built a 2 car garage with full loft for the business. It’s heated, insulated, and plumbed. They’ve emptied it and are allowing me to rent it from the for the price of keeping it heated to protect the plumbing. They will be selling the property, but it will likely be at least a year or two. They still spend their summers here.

So far I’ve stripped down my CRF450R for a motor rebuild where it will come back to life as a motard. Next up is Degsy’s Viffer for a new shock, exhaust, and some cosmetics. After that it’s my Multi on the lift to get a massive list of upgrades and maintenance done.

Help me organize my garage-5dd8666a-7c37-4500-a8fc-065fba4fa162Help me organize my garage-16eec539-8616-400d-aa07-ccf3a095399aHelp me organize my garage-b9ddc01b-d9ce-4000-bd88-2effcd3d087bHelp me organize my garage-ad070375-9496-475f-ba94-c0c0c794ac77
    Beauty. That's pretty much exactly what my away garage is like except... mine is entirely unfinished with earth floor, no power, no insulation, etc.

In an ideal long enough term, it would like like theirs is now.

I couldn't watch the whole video because I kept thinking of my cellar. I really wanted to call this guy obsessive compulsive but I know that's just me attempting to hide my shame for the landfill I've let my shop become.

i need to watch this when i have some time...i def need to put a few hooks on the wall so i can hang snow shovels...sick of having them stacked leaning on something...i could also probably use a couple wall mounted high shelves...i'll have to snap a few photos when i have the cars out of the garage...maybe someone will have some good ideas here

bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Nothing earth shattering in this guys video. The title simple hacks is pretty accurate. He basically figured out how and where he typically does things and configured things to make that easier for him.

Everything has a place to live and it goes back there every time.
    Creative use of hanging tools off the bottom of shelves with PVC pipe to clear up stuff that usually clutters tool boxes or benches.
    I liked the hitch receiver mounting for bench vices to keep them out of the way when not in use. Same with the bench grinder that flips under the bench.
    If you need the same thing in two places, buy two, dust pans and brushes for example.
    Tool boxes and benches that are on locking casters allow for reconfiguration when needed.
    Utilize space over your head for storage and reels for power/air/shop vac etc.
    Organized hardware bins to prevent having to move many bins to get to a particular bin, think home depot hardware aisle with slide out containers instead of stacked.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast