Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Results 176 to 188 of 188

Help me organize my garage

  1. #176
    Being A Dick PurplePackage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Chelmsford, MA
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Help me organize my garage

    Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good junk removal service? I have about 10 concrete pavers to get rid of, as well as a bunch of scrap wood that came from demolishing two old kitchen cabinets. It would fit in the back of a regular pick-up. I'm in Waltham...
    I have a non-resident Acton transfer station sticker if you want to DIY

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #177
    Lifer Garandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dorchester, MA / Mt Sunapee, NH
    Posts
    12,525

    Re: Help me organize my garage

    Electric pressure washed.


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #178
    Backwoods lobster boy number9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Waltham, MA
    Posts
    5,224

    Re: Help me organize my garage

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePackage View Post
    I have a non-resident Acton transfer station sticker if you want to DIY
    I'm out of time (and don't have a truck) so I ended up throwing money at the problem. Thanks though!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

  4. #179

    Re: Help me organize my garage

    Lol, always a viable backup solution

    I emptied a 5x10 storage unit so my moto shed is once again a mess, without enough space to work on a bike.

    Clean, Organize, mess up, repeat.

    My next solution is to buy another property

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by breakdirt916; 10-29-22 at 06:05 PM.
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2017 KTM 690 Enduro R**

  5. #180
    Super Moderator TheIglu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Royalston, MA
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,229

    Re: Help me organize my garage

    Any recommendations for wall mounted shelves?

    Would need to anchor into concrete. I have all the tools to do so properly. Something adjustable and not full wall height. I can supply wood for the actual shelving, I'm looking for rail/bracket style setups.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2017 Ducati Multistrada 950
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

  6. #181
    Lifer loudbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rehoboth MA
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,165

    Re: Help me organize my garage

    Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    Any recommendations for wall mounted shelves?

    Would need to anchor into concrete. I have all the tools to do so properly. Something adjustable and not full wall height. I can supply wood for the actual shelving, I'm looking for rail/bracket style setups.
    I would go with something like this:
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/Style-Selec...pright/4640129

    Pretty cheap, they can go out to 24” OC and the brackets can support good weight. Brackets are pretty cheap as well, seems legit. I just did the non adjustable L brackets directly into the studs with 3/4 plywood 16” deep, has worked well. This system looks better for sure.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

  7. #182
    Angry Gumball RandyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Farmington, NH
    Age
    70
    Posts
    16,685

    Re: Help me organize my garage

    Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    I would go with something like this:
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/Style-Selec...pright/4640129

    Pretty cheap, they can go out to 24” OC and the brackets can support good weight. Brackets are pretty cheap as well, seems legit. I just did the non adjustable L brackets directly into the studs with 3/4 plywood 16” deep, has worked well. This system looks better for sure.
    first, I built a 2x4 insulated walls with drywall, so that I wasn't dealing with fastening to concrete, studs 16" on center, my shelf brackets every other stud, the shelf above my workbench is 18" deep, made out of 5/4 pine, I got some heavy stuff on it, batteries, boxes of parts, I noticed it was sagging, so I added a cable stay every 64", now it's perfectly level and flat, I attached an 8ft led strip underneath to light the workbench. my first attempt at cable stays was a failure, I bought too light a cable, and weak hardware. Couldn't even get it level, as I tightened the turnbuckle, I watched the cable fray apart and eye hooks stretch. I went up to 1/8" cable and compatible hardware,

    I wouldn't trust the adjustable brackets on rails (unless it's some industrial setup) for the weight I am storing, tools, batteries, gallons of paint and other liquids. for a bookshelf, sure, but even books will fatigue the brackets and the slots on the rails over time, I figure if my brackets fatigue over time, I just tighten up on the cable stays

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

  8. #183
    Lifer gixxer72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The desert
    Posts
    2,593

    Re: Help me organize my garage

    Pretty minimalist these days in the main garage.

    We have a 60k sqft fab shop 8 miles from home so we donít need much here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help me organize my garage-30a80b46-1f5a-4278-9067-eb4acc152ccc  

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #184
    is not wearing pants Point37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Coast MAsshole
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,957

    Re: Help me organize my garage

    Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good junk removal service? I have about 10 concrete pavers to get rid of, as well as a bunch of scrap wood that came from demolishing two old kitchen cabinets. It would fit in the back of a regular pick-up. I'm in Waltham...
    i would look on CL services or marketplace...or try posting the pavers for free on a local FB group...even try the scrap wood...someone may pick it up to burn in their fire pit...i've gotten rid of a bunch of kids stuff that way...

    i think the price of a pickup for these is a little high (almost $300)...could get a dumpster rental for a little more...
    https://www.thebagster.com/products/...n_service.aspx

    may be too far away...i went to school with the owner of this company...
    https://cleanoutcrewma.com/

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

  10. #185
    Backwoods lobster boy number9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Waltham, MA
    Posts
    5,224

    Re: Help me organize my garage

    Quote Originally Posted by Point37 View Post
    i would look on CL services or marketplace...or try posting the pavers for free on a local FB group...even try the scrap wood...someone may pick it up to burn in their fire pit...i've gotten rid of a bunch of kids stuff that way...

    i think the price of a pickup for these is a little high (almost $300)...could get a dumpster rental for a little more...
    https://www.thebagster.com/products/...n_service.aspx

    may be too far away...i went to school with the owner of this company...
    https://cleanoutcrewma.com/
    I posted on Yelp and ended up getting someone for $300 + a small tip. He was a good dude.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

  11. #186
    Lifer 01xj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    CT
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,747

    Re: Help me organize my garage

    Any recommendations on bike storage? Will be for my mtb and kids bikes. Would need to store 4 bikes. Does it need to be more complicated than those screw in J hooks?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #187
    Backwoods lobster boy number9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Waltham, MA
    Posts
    5,224

    Re: Help me organize my garage

    Progress.

    Help me organize my garage-img_5085-jpg

    Help me organize my garage-img_5102-jpg

    Finished product should be ready tomorrow!

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

  13. #188

    Re: Help me organize my garage

    Oh F yeah!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2017 KTM 690 Enduro R**

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Similar Threads

  1. Best Way To Organize a Charitable Motorcycle Run?
    By hqp921 in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-12-11, 11:19 AM
  2. OMG - Oh My Garage
    By tom5796 in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-28-10, 09:35 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-17-09, 07:03 AM
  4. Ok, lets organize
    By R7 in forum Dirty Bastards
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-02-03, 09:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •