Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Help with Supermoto

Help with Supermoto

I figured this would be the best place to post this. I've wanted to get into trackdays for a while but I really can't get up to NH that often. A while back I wrote the best e-mail I could, explaining that it is a great business opportunity, to the F1 outdoor track in Bridgewater to see if they were interested in taking on a few trackdays a year but they didn't want a part of it. I'm tempted again to give it another shot but I think it would be better to show just how many people would be interested in going. So what I'm asking is for anyone interested to post here and possibly send a well thought out e-mail to the track website. If there is enough interest in this thread, I may send an e-mail with this thread attached so they could really see what kind of business they could bring in.

-Brian

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Help with Supermoto

Abso-freakin-lutely!!!!!! I would love to have the opportunity to try a "real" supermoto ride on a cart track, as my only experience is with the bigger road race tracks (loudon, pocono). Early morning, late evening, whenever. It would also be good exposure since the closest real supermoto is in NY.

As far as preserving the track for them, which I'm sure is a huge concern of theirs...requiring all the standard catch cans and requiring axle, handlebar, and peg sliders wouldn't be out of the question. Therefore, dragging pegs wouldn't gouge the pavement, and during a crash there would be minimal, if any, metal contact. I can show you my bike after my last "off" at Loudon...Handguard slider, peg slider, axle sliders, and exhaust slider. 50 mph and next to no metal hit the ground.

I think realistically it would start off slow for the first couple of days until word gets around. Maybe trying to get in with a few riders late season when they don't have anything else going on. It would give them a chance to see what it's all about, and it would give some legitimacy to the opportunity to allow us to spread the word over the winter for a more expansive schedule the following year.

Hopefully some of the dirtbike guys would also be interesting in converting their 250's, since they'll be able to reasonably run them on the small track.

Brian
    LRRS/CCS EX #881
    WMRRA EX #281

Lifer

Help with Supermoto

sure

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Help with Supermoto

Not to rain on your parade (as I sit at mid-ohio in the rain) but many have tried at F1 Outdoors. They have absolutely zero interest. Mini-motos or fullsize supermotos.

They are owned by a 100% car guy, plus the neighbors around there have serious noise restrictions on the place.

Hey give it a whirl thou, who knows.

Boston --> San Diego

Help with Supermoto

Yeah, I know it's a long shot as I have tried once before. I figure it will only take a few minutes to write an email and that's definitely worth the effort if there is even a slight possibility of this happening. I'm gonna wait a couple more days and see if I can get more interest. I have a similar thread going on SMJ so I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Help with Supermoto

If you could set it up i would totally be there!

Rick Lee
    04' CRF450R Mo~tahd~ed
    75' CB750 Cafe (project)
    77' KZ750 Twin
    LRRS #676

Quote Originally Posted by bergs View Post
    You got away by doing the the cheat code for Contra?
    "The only way this guy could have a tougher time in politics is if his name was Jihad McTerrorist." Fuggin Darrel!