Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Need help got a ticket on a permit

Re: Need help got a ticket on a permit

Quote Originally Posted by GixxerChris View Post
    Long story short ventured into nh and got a ticket for operating without a license, no court date and paid the ticket already, I'm on my permit in mass and I need to know if mass will suspend my permit and what else could happen
    First off, I'm amazed the NH police allowed you to leave while operating a vehicle without a proper endorsement. Count your lucky stars there!

Secondly, there's a very good chance nothing will happen since you paid the fine already. If it does come up, it will be months from now when you are getting your endorsement and/ or insurance.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sdog30 View Post
    Restrictions of a mass permit for motorcycles:
    Can't ride at night
    No passengers
    Can't ride out of state (hence nh)

I don't think nh and mass talk with each other, so just pay the fine to nh.

I remember getting pulled over for no inspection sticker on a friend's bike when I first got my permit. Just had to pay the fine and got points on my insurance, but nothing happened to my permit. I was over 18 and had a class D license already, so that might make a difference.
    You can ride out of state on a Mass permit in states that allow it. NH doesn't, but Maine does. But you can't get there from heah.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    DanG
    People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive.
    - Blaise Pascal

Lifer

No I didn't
    Tell them NESR sent you. He is a member here, so it won't be completely random.
    Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    Secondly, there's a very good chance nothing will happen since you paid the fine already. If it does come up, it will be months from now when you are getting your endorsement and/ or insurance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    From the RMV website you need a six month clear record to get a license.
    If I were OP, I'd be putting a hurry on getting converted to a license ASAP on the chance that the incident does come back to MA. I don't know how much it'd help, but it's not like it's a wasted step. Needs to get done anyway. Especially if the above is true.

nedirtriders.com

Junior Operator License (JOL) requirements | Mass.gov

Maintain a clean driving record for at least 6 consecutive months before taking the road test

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

ain't nuttin wrong w/that scubasteveRR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    First off, I'm amazed the NH police allowed you to leave while operating a vehicle without a proper endorsement. Count your lucky stars there!
    This is the truth here ^^ you got super fucking lucky they didn't tow and arrest... I'm assuming it didnt happen because the cop didn't want the hassle of trying to tow a motorcycle which is considerably harder to find a company to tow a bike.

NH does report to Mass, only ticket they never showed up on my mass license from NH is one i fought but never went to court for, just paid the ticket by phone at the court the day of the trial. i think my paper work got lost in the shuffle.

I wouldn't count my lucky stars yet, Ma LOVES to take people licenses away... and if they do you've lost it for at least a year i think and a $500 fine to get it re-instated.

I just got my license back from and incident last fall, the 3rd in charge with the MSP pulled me over (Col, Daniel Risteen) and i gave him an attitude at the traffic stop and he ended up falsified a huge BULLSHIT story that i went 80mph after he gave me a ticket and i left that traffic stop.

he mailed me 5 more tickets and he put an immediate threat and pulled my license, took me 13 months to get it back.

He just got fired the other day and is being investigated because he's a crooked lying fucking piece of shit (now) EX-COP

HERE IS THE STORY OF HIM GETTING FIRED (well retired because they don't fire colonels) without HONOR AND INVESTIGATED... he's a real piece of shit
    Two more high-ranking officials at Massachusetts State Police retire - The Boston Globe

Last edited by scubasteveRR; 02-26-18 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteveRR View Post
    This is the truth here ^^ you got super fucking lucky they didn't tow and arrest... I'm assuming it didnt happen because the cop didn't want the hassle of trying to tow a motorcycle which is considerably harder to find a company to tow a bike.

NH does report to Mass, only ticket they never showed up on my mass license from NH is one i fought but never went to court for, just paid the ticket by phone at the court the day of the trial. i think my paper work got lost in the shuffle.

I wouldn't count my lucky stars yet, Ma LOVES to take people licenses away... and if they do you've lost it for at least a year i think and a $500 fine to get it re-instated.

I just got my license back from and incident last fall, the 3rd in charge with the MSP pulled me over (Col, Daniel Risteen) and i gave him an attitude at the traffic stop and he ended up falsified a huge BULLSHIT story that i went 80mph after he gave me a ticket and i left that traffic stop.

he mailed me 5 more tickets and he put an immediate threat and pulled my license, took me 13 months to get it back.

He just got fired the other day and is being investigated because he's a crooked lying fucking piece of shit (now) EX-COP

HERE IS THE STORY OF HIM GETTING FIRED (well retired because they don't fire colonels) without HONOR AND INVESTIGATED... he's a real piece of shit
    Two more high-ranking officials at Massachusetts State Police retire - The Boston Globe
    crazy story man, but yeah she did tow me, i forgot to mention that, she towed me and i had to have my dad come up to get the bike... but yeah I did get towed for it and I guess ill just have to wait and see waht happens, getting drivers ed real soon to hopefully get my class d and then my class m. before im 18 this december thanks for all the help guys i really do appreciate it.

Lifer

When you say the ticket is paid, was this done online? Asking because if there's a check that's still in the mail, you might be able to call the NH courts tomorrow morning and ask them to mark you as seeking trial instead. Go there and explain your concerns re: this possibly affecting your MA license to the judge, and try to work in that your dad had to come pick you up too. You get that there is a fine associated with this mistake, but were hoping there might be some other option that doesn't risk a suspended license. Here's the catch: There is some theory that they don't report if you paid promptly, but that challenging it in court means it gets reported.

Re:crazy story above, tip for the future - Whatever the officer says, it's yes sir, no sir. You can still politely state your point of view, but the officer gets the final word and the rest is up to the judge. If the officer isn't interested in hearing what you have to say, trying to convince them otherwise usually won't make it better.
    Wasn't doubting, just hadn't seen that. And I see on your link about the state needing reciprocity too. I believe I'd looked at the motorcycle license page, which didn't have this info. I can't believe there isn't more people upset about how strict they've gone.

nedirtriders.com

Yeah, it sucked. did a lot of bicycle riding last year. Cambridge to Tewksbury via Bike and Train

Below is the actual NH state law... looks like a class B misdemeanor. I'm assuming if he towed your bike he gave you a summons to court?? IF they revoke your driving privileges in NH which i'm not sure if they will. I think your Ma driving privileges might be revoked too.

Honestly this is a huge grey area because it's inter-state. If you got caught in Ma driving without a license (I.E. at night or with a passenger on the bike) you would have lost your license in Ma. Both driving a car and motorcycle.

TITLE XXI
    MOTOR VEHICLES
    CHAPTER 263
    DRIVERS' LICENSES
    Issuance of Licenses
    Section 263:1
    263:1 License Required; Penalty. –
    I. No person, except those expressly exempted under RSA 263:25 or other provisions of this title, shall drive any motor vehicle upon any way in this state unless such person has a valid driver's license, as required under the provisions of this chapter, for the class or type of vehicle being driven.
    II. Any person who held a driver's license of the appropriate class or type but whose driver's license has been expired for not more than 12 months shall be guilty of a violation or, for a second or subsequent offense shall be guilty of a class B misdemeanor.
    III. Any person who drives a motor vehicle in this state and who has never had a license shall be guilty of a class B misdemeanor.

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    Re:crazy story above, tip for the future - Whatever the officer says, it's yes sir, no sir. You can still politely state your point of view, but the officer gets the final word and the rest is up to the judge. If the officer isn't interested in hearing what you have to say, trying to convince them otherwise usually won't make it better.
    I actually didn't say two words to him I KNOW BETTER, two hands on the wheel say he's sir no sir!! the original ticket was for going 77 MPH in a 65 on the Mass Pike "The Attitude" I supposedly gave him was taking the ticket out of his hand and throwing it on my passenger seat.

I found this all out at my Mass Insurance Board of appeals hearing. One of the fat over paid hearing board members must have known him personally because he made a snide remark about me tossing the ticket on my seat..

My biggest mistake was it was the 3rd in charge of the state police. if it was a regular statie, NONE of this would have happened.

I had a lawyer who deals with a lot of OUI's and he's a family friend and even he said i just fucked up with the wrong person that most people cant do what he did to me and that no one could help me but time.

I couldn't even go to real court date about it. The way he pressed the charges, it was non criminal. i fought the 5 tickets (which were separate from the suspension) winning 2 of the 3 but still had an indefinite suspension for the immediate threat so it was no help

This fucking guy even showed up at my old apartment in Bolton looking for me like a week after it all happened, more than likely to harass me like a fucking cunt.

Sorry about the language, talking about this is bring out the anger. on another note. my legs are damn sexy after a year of pedaling my ass off a minimum of 25 miles everyday!!!

Last edited by scubasteveRR; 02-26-18 at 09:57 PM.

No buddy, she stated to me on scene it is just a ticket with no court date already payed, they cant bring forward any additional charges. That isn't possible...

I was ticketed for RSA 263:1 not 263:25

Get your M license ASAP. Don’t be stupid going forward. You ll be fine.
    You got very lucky.

crazy story man, but yeah she did tow me, i forgot to mention that, she towed me and i had to have my dad come up to get the bike....
    It seems like you have a lot going on so I completely understand the slight oversight with such a large detail like the bike was impounded.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

Just curious...how much chrome is on your gixxah?

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66

Lifer

even he said i just fucked up with the wrong person that most people cant do what he did to me and that no one could help me but time.
    I gotcha, wasn't trying to stir up anything. I figured you knew the drill.
    This fucking guy even showed up at my old apartment in Bolton looking for me like a week after it all happened, more than likely to harass me like a fucking cunt.
    I dub thee Degsy V2.0
    No buddy, she stated to me on scene it is just a ticket with no court date already payed, they cant bring forward any additional charges. That isn't possible...
    I'm not sure I follow. By no court date, do you mean the officer said on the side of the road that you were 'not required to appear'? I believe more serious crimes can require you to appear in court, even if you intend to plead guilty, and pay. In that kinda situation, 'payment' may include jail time.

But if you received a citation with 'no requirement to appear', you can still challenge it by pleading not guilty and asking to be heard in front of a Judge. But if it's already been paid, suppose it's a non-issue now.

nedirtriders.com

The ticket states not required to appear unless I'm fighting it, payed it online.

Lifer

The officer could not have known you were operating without a license when he pulled you over.

What was the reason for the original stop?

She was aware I had no license she chose not to arrest me but just to cite me instead.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    The officer could not have known you were operating without a license when he pulled you over.

What was the reason for the original stop?
    She was aware I had no license she chose not to arrest me but just to cite me instead.

Eh yes/no. I had this happen like 10 years ago. Totally spaced paying a ticket and they yanked my license for non-payment... I was young/dumb and wasn't aware. I got pulled over and they towed my truck instead of putting me in cuffs and taking me in. I was pissed but appreciative.

Lifer

BEFORE you got pulled over, she would not know who was actually piloting the motorcycle. What infraction did she think you committed in order to ask you to pull over and show her your license and registration?

AFTER you got pulled over is when she learned you were not properly licensed to ride in NH.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    BEFORE you got pulled over, she would not know who was actually piloting the motorcycle. What infraction did she think you committed in order to ask you to pull over and show her your license and registration?

AFTER you got pulled over is when she learned you were not properly licensed to ride in NH.
    Pretty sure he said earlier that he was speeding.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Pretty sure he said earlier that he was speeding.
    You are correct, post#19.

Not really relevant to the story...just curious...what year and size is your gixxer?

LRRS/CCS #66

Oh I also forgot to mention I sold that bike the beginning of this month... it was a 2003 blu and white 600 and now i have a 2017 zx10r...

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast