Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Hey 01YZF6

Hey 01YZF6

I have a question that you may know the answer too

Jericho Park in Berlin, there is a gravel road that takes off to the left halfway up to Jericho Pond, where does it go?

it is marked no trail bikes/no atv's

what do you think they consider a motorcycle registered for the street

also are there any good gravel roads to explore

I have done Success Pond Road all the way thru to Grafton Notch
    also the Bog Dam Road loop off York Pond Road, and Jefferson Notch road from Randolph thru to Crawford Notch

I see on my Delorme atlas there is a road going to the top of Mt. Forist , is that the gravel road that goes up the mountain from the Berlin waterworks ?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Re: Hey 01YZF6

Originally posted by RandyO
    [B]I have a question that you may know the answer too

Jericho Park in Berlin, there is a gravel road that takes off to the left halfway up to Jericho Pond, where does it go?

it is marked no trail bikes/no atv's

what do you think they consider a motorcycle registered for the street

also are there any good gravel roads to explore
    that road leads out to the back of Mt forist IIRC eventually, and also ends up at the back end of randolph hill road

also NOBODY is allowed back there for 2 reasons.....

A: The US government recently puchased all of Jericho lake for the purpose of creating a dirt/atv trail ( possible snowmachine one too) that is eventually going to hook up with Lost nation road (in groveten/lancaster) a state camp park around the lake, and a recreational park.

of course this will make it a pay to play area.

B: it is now considered trespassing to enter anywhere inot the Jericho lake area and the state forest personnel that patrol it will have you removed/arrested if neccesary, and you can bet there will be imposing fines....

there is also another fire access road before jericho that leads up to the windmill farm ( under construction still), but it is mostly log routes and not an easily achieved climb. but the city or a private company owns that area.

I see on my Delorme atlas there is a road going to the top of Mt. Forist , is that the gravel road that goes up the mountain from the Berlin waterworks ?
    I can ask around about that one, not sure though....

there is a nice store in west milan ( on rt 110) named yesterdays, they sell all these lil maps/rules/guideline booklets for a buck or 2, they have one for ATV/trail riding specifically as well ( also one for hunting, fishing, snowmachining etc etc) ill try and snag one if you dont get the chance.....

they also list all of the no no places you are not suppose to go.

succes to grafton is one of the best IMO.........

hope this helped

Hey 01YZF6

yes, you confirmed my suspicions about where the roads go

but is a streetbike considered a trail bike, the sign didn't say anything about not driving a car or suv on it, in fact I saw one drive up it.

I understand one of the windmills got knocked down in a thunderstorm last week

I've been hearing conflicting rumors about the ATV park

while I was on Bog Dam Road, I saw 2 other bikes.... a guy putting along on a hardley, and a couple riding 2up on an adventure bike

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Hey 01YZF6

I know a few poeple who live over that way whoa re big dirt freaks, ill ask the adn see what they have to say.... actually 2 windmills were knocked down. one they had just put back up after a tree collapsed and rolled thorugh the fencing a month or so ago...