Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

HID Group Buy

HID Group Buy

I'm not affiliated with this in any way other than it's a good deal and I want to get it at the discounted price. But in order to get it at the cheaper price there needs to be 10 orders so I am just spreading the word.

You can get cheaper kits elsewhere but you get what you pay for and these are quality components including a Philips bulb (which is among the best as far as HID goes). You can choose between 4300k, 6500k, and 8000k kits. 4300k will produce a clean white color and the most lumens. 6500k is a bluish color and 8000k is a purplish color.

BadBoyBilly recently got the 4300k kit and some of you might have seen his at bike night. On the way home we were stopped at a light and it looked like I didn't even have any lights on compared to his.

Here is a pic of the 4300k:
    Notice how far the light shines.

Here is a link to the different kits: Motorcycle HID Conversion Kit

"Group Buy Details:

Regular Price: $199.99 + $25 shipping
    Group Buy Price: $164.99 + $25 shipping (they make no money on the shipping) - this is about 17.5% off the original price

- We would need a minimum of 10 people to place their orders prior to shipping the product.

- To place your order and obtain the discounted price please order via this link:

HID XENON CONVERSION KIT 4300K 6000K 6500K 8000K

Passcode: RWGB

- This group buy promotion is not open to just this forum. If your colleagues want to advertise this promotion on any other forum that they post on they can do so. All we need is 10 sales to come in through that link and the products will be shipped out right away!

- We ship out via DHL 1-2 day delivery fully traceable!!

FAQ:
    If 10 people do not order them, you will have the option to either cancel the order or pay full price (which is still a great deal for the quality).

I also found a link of a guy who purchased these 4300K and put them on his Honda. Just a good unbiased perspective.
    http://www.cbr929rr.com/hid.htm"

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

HID Group Buy

Yep I bought my 4300k kit from XenonDepot a couple weeks ago before this group buy (DAMIT).

I'm very happy with the kit. What's cool is that the wiring that connects to the ballast is 6 ft long so you can put it anywhere on the bike. The capsule is Philips which is the best quality HID on the market (from what I've read).

I ***might*** be going to this Tuesdays bike night, so if anyone is interested they can check mine out.

Install is straightforward. It took me a little extra longer then normal because I wanted to make the wiring extra neat.

HID Group Buy

how many people are in the group now? I am not going to buy in now and have to wait a month , ill pay 199

If money is the root of all evil,
    why do churches beg for it?

HID Group Buy

so what does the 8000k look like?

HID Group Buy

4300k is pure white
    6000k is white with a very minor blue tint
    8000k has a dark blue tint
    10000k is a light violet
    12000k is purple

4300k emits the most lumens (brightest).

This link will give you a very ROUGH estimate of how each color looks:
    Welcome to XenonPros.com- The No.1 Source for your aftermarket HID Conversion Kit!

Posting Freak

HID Group Buy

Not to highjack your deal but if you want HID call me I have them Brandspanking new for 180.00 and you can pick them up in Bedford at my shop.

HID Group Buy

Quote Originally Posted by double agent View Post
    how many people are in the group now? I am not going to buy in now and have to wait a month , ill pay 199

I don't know how many, and I am just guessing based on people who expressed interest, but maybe 6-7 including me (I already ordered mine).

I just emailed Steve at XenonDepot and if I find out I'll post it here.

HID Group Buy

It's important to note that for those of us using single beams (H4, etc) this kit will make you lose your high beam. Whether or not that's an issue is up to the individual.

Does this company sell the high/lo HID kit?

HID Group Buy

Quote Originally Posted by schleppy View Post
    It's important to note that for those of us using single beams (H4, etc) this kit will make you lose your high beam. Whether or not that's an issue is up to the individual.
    If you are lucky enough to have 2 H4 bulbs then you can get a low-beam only bulb for one side and a normal bulb for the other. You will have to modify the wiring so the low stays on all the time and the high-beam turns on and off with the switch.

"...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

HID Group Buy

they do sell a motorcycle bi-xenon kit but it is not included in the group buy. Most poeple just live without the highbeam since it is not good to flick it on and off. It will cause premature failure of the bulb. HIDs will produce more light than a halogen (especially if you pick the 4300k kit) and from what I read, most people don't ever miss their highbeam.

I talked to Steve from XenonDepot and he said there are 3 confirmed orders so far. So I guess I was way off on my guess.

HID Group Buy

Dont mean to hijack the thread but why dont you buy them from this guy

XenonRider.com - Xenon Rider Automotive Xenon & Bi-Xenon HID (High Intensity Discharge) Headlight Conversion Kits for Cars & Motorcycles

He is really big on www.600rr.net and when i was shopping for HID's he came highly recommended. XENONRIDER.COM offers converstion kits (2 bulb 2 ballats) in any size and light color for 169$ shipped !!(2 days). The website says 199$ but as a referal you get it for 169$. His customer service and warrenty is phenomenal.
    I just bought a 8000k for my 06 cbr600RR and its fantastic. The installation is a 6 step process. MAD EASY! Before committing to the group buy, give xenonrider a call and check out the website.

I forgot to mention that if you get the 2 bulb kit your highbeam will be rediculous. I actually got pulled over in Florida last week because the cop said he felt his retina burn when he drove by me.

--Motorcycles are a balance between trust and physics. you just have to trust that your tires will work, and hope the 10 little asian guys that designed the bike got an A+ in physics

HID Group Buy

hey Upandcoming, what brand ballast and bulbs do you use in your kits?

Ken600RR, I just sent an email to xenonrider and asked him the same thing but maybe you know what kind of ballast and bulbs he uses in his hits?

HID Group Buy

It is a goldeneye ballast. Im not sure what brand bulb it is. when i asked him about the quality compared to a denso or hella kit. Joeseph told me that side by side and ballast/bulb life wise...you would never know the difference. Plus everyone on 600RR.net that has one had nothing but good things to say.

The only thing that I found about the kit that i didnt like was the actual ballast size. 1 ballast is about the thickness and width of a deck of cards. The denso kit ( which i originally wanted ) offered smaller ballasts (maybe the size of 1/2 king size snickers) but with a bigger price tag. I ended up putting one ballast under my right fairing( in place of tool kit) and the other nessled between the light housings. The wiring isnt long enough to put to reach pass the gas tank.

If anyone lives in the abington area and wants to check it out give me a buzz 781-267-3877
    I just moved here from Clearwater,Fl and I need to learn my way around anyway.

--Motorcycles are a balance between trust and physics. you just have to trust that your tires will work, and hope the 10 little asian guys that designed the bike got an A+ in physics

HID Group Buy

I would need 2 of these it would cost me $500 to convert my V-Strom

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

HID Group Buy

"Hi Alex,

Thanks for your inquiry. The ballasts are GoldenEye HID brand and the bulbs are by SuperVision.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Sincerely,

Joseph

www.xenonrider.com"

I still prefer the xenondepot kit. It comes with a 6' harness so you can tuck it anywhere on the bike and I know it is a philips bulb. I'm sure the supervision is a okay kit but I just prefer something I know will last. To me it's worth the extra price because I don't want to be on some dark road at night and be without a headlight. Also I know the xenondepot ballast was designed with motorcycles in mind. It can withstand the vibrations that you don't have in a car, and it is fully-epoxy sealed so it's safe from the elements. The xenondepot kit isn't just a car kit that they split up into two.

HID Group Buy

Ok i'll chime in on this thread since I've been using nothing but HID's in my cars/bikes for years now, in the end just my opinion though.

Bulbs with HID systems non-branded or not will usually outlast the ballasts/ignitors, sooo..... I'd go with a better ballast over a better bulb. Hella/Philips ballasts byfar the best on the market (suppliers of OE HID systems on almost ALL cars equipped from the factory). Also you want to stay away from systems with a separated ballast (the bigger box) and igniter (the smaller one), as they are an older HID setup. Hella/Philips stopped designing units like that at least 5years ago, now ignitors and ballasts are in one single unit ( although some cars will come separated due to mounting location constrictions ).

Oh and Alex, those so called "Motorcycle" specific ballasts is BS. ANY high quality HID ballast unit will withstand plenty of abuse when mounted on a motorcycle. I lost my old photo's but earlier in the year when I had my own HID groupbuy I had taken photo's of the ballasts i was selling fully submerged in water with the system on, I had even left it on for 12+ hours and not a single problem. I've had my system in my SV since i bought it new late last summer, and being a naked bike its subjected to the elements and even thought its not a "motorcycle" specific kit it looks/functions still no different than the system in my truck.

Oh and here's something about bulbs, Philips and Hella are the best on the market, and everyone knows that. So sometimes the guys selling them will claim their bulbs are indeed Philips/Hella, when they actually are not. Its not impossible to have a P/H bulb in 9006/h1/h4/h3 etc sized bulb but they do not readily stamp the bulbs with their logo's. ONLY bulbs will ever see their stamps are are going to be on D2S/D2R etc type bulbs, many chinese/japanese companies will buy the philips/hella capsules and make their own bases. So what i'm saying is just because someone claims its a philips/hella bulb does not mean that it is. Most "knock-off" bulbs are still made by GE (which is still great quality).

2021 Ducati Panigale V2
    2020 Honda Grom

HID Group Buy

Good points. I didn't know that the ballast systems that were that outdated.

When spending that much money, I would definetly buy what you feel the most comfortable with.

HID Group Buy

since there is only 3-4 people, thy are buying at 199 or do they have to wait til there is enough people to get the order?

If money is the root of all evil,
    why do churches beg for it?

HID Group Buy

duey, that's some good info that I didn't know.

from what I understand they are gonna run this group buy for another week or so and then if they don't have the 10 people you can either cancel your order or buy it for the regular price.

HID Group Buy

bump.

Okay so there are 9 confirmed people so far. We need one more. If anybody is on the fence, now is the time to get them for the cheaper price.