Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

got hit today

got hit today

Sitting at a stop light today and some guy in a new t-bid slammed into me doing about (police estimate) 30mph. Hit me straight on the tire. The rear hump on the Busa slammed me in the lower back and sent me off the bike. The bike went forward and slid on the left side. So far all the damage looks cosmetic, but the carbon fiber muffler is cracked all to hell and I will need a new tire. All the fairings on the left side, engine case cover, clutch lever, mirror, and bar end will have to be replaced. He was driving a brand new T-bird convertable.

This pissed me off so bad!!! He said to the cop, I wasn't even looking I didn't see him. I wanted to bitch slap him right there. Up to that point I was just like "shit happens" but when he said he wasn't even looking I wanted to kill him.

Oh yeah......They made me ride in the ambulance...I'm ok, back is just a little jacked. Nothing serious, just feel like I got my ass beat. I knwo it could have been alot worse and I should feel lucky to be allive. You all know how it is though, being pissed about your bike.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

got hit today

That sucks!
    Glad you're OK!
    T-Bird, huh?

Chris J.
    "You're going the wrong way!!!"
    "How does he know where we're going?"
    03 Aprilia Tuono, 06 Yamaha R6, 16 Yamaha XSR900, 13 VW Touareg

OMG WTF?????????

That's NOT right. Not lookin................. HELLO?

MINIMUM:

Brand NEW replacement bike.

a 30MPH impact will tweak that fast ride. Hidden damage, slight wobbles at 100mph etc..........

Get the X-ray of your back looked over throughly, by the radiologist, not the X-ray Tech.

-Suf Daddy

Suf Daddy.

got hit today

I think a "Ohhhhh my neck, OHHHHH my back, OH my neck and back!!!!!" You should milk this for awhile, make this guys insurance company pay out the ass. Grab a copy of the police report (hopefully they made one) with an injury I think they have too. The I wasn't paying attention part will be good for you in court.

Jamie

Re: got hit today

Another kid at Loon broke his back and went to the hospital. PLY-Mouth. The X-ray tech or ER doc said well you can go home now, the next morning the Radiologist is like: "Where's this dude? His back is broken and his spine is in peril of being paralyized......"

You think calling the radio station for a contest is a hassle? Try finding this kid before he hurts himself.........................

FOOKERS. The SAME A$$ clowns who gave me an iodine wash and 3000MG of PAIN killers so my foot got infected and needed surgery a few weeks later....................
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. No antibiotics????

Call me if your an attorney. SERIOUSLY.
    -Suf Daddy

Originally posted by busa413

Oh yeah......They made me ride in the ambulance...I'm ok, back is just a little jacked. Nothing serious, just feel like I got my ass beat. I knwo it could have been alot worse and I should feel lucky to be allive. You all know how it is though, being pissed about your bike.

Suf Daddy.

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

got hit today

Josh, I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope you're ok.

Same thing happened to me in January, I was sitting at a red light in my car, being the last one in the lane of traffic. That women in a Cavalier was going over speed limit, I saw her in my mirror coming right at me, she was looking away, not in front of her...I just had time to think "she's going to hit me..........BANG!" She told me it was a busy morning...wtf? I ended up going to the doc's office, having X-rays done, went to physical therapy for a few months. I got a lawyer right from the beginning. She will think twice next time before looking elsewhere than the ROAD in front of her! I'm done with PT now, but my back still hurt. Make sure to get X-rays done of your back and neck, if you feel any pain, do something about it.

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

got hit today

Originally posted by skiierx
    I think a "Ohhhhh my neck, OHHHHH my back, OH my neck and back!!!!!" You should milk this for awhile, make this guys insurance company pay out the ass. Grab a copy of the police report (hopefully they made one) with an injury I think they have too. The I wasn't paying attention part will be good for you in court.

Jamie
    In my case, the cops didn't come, we didn't have cell phones with us, and in Springfield, cops don't move their ass, unless there is an estimate of $1000 damage on the car. My lawyer and my insurance cie told me to go myself the day after to the police station to file a report, and I DID. It's always a good thing to do. My lawyer is starting the procedures now that I'm done with physical therapy to sue that women's insurance cie. Be carefull if you're hurt of what you say or what you do in front of the adjuster who will look at your bike, they may use that against you in court to argue that you're in pain (if you lift something, bend your back, etc. in front of them) if you ever get a lawyer, I suggest "Mark E. Salomone" in Springfield, he's my lawyer, they are very good and win their cases.

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

got hit today

One more thing...keep all medical receipts, take note of all copays you'll pay, ask copies of every documents (police, medical, repairs on the bike, etc.), take note of all medication you have to take for the pain, etc. EVERYTHING relevant to your accident, and your injury. DON'T neglect to go see your physician if in pain, and don't hesitate to ask to go see a chiro or physical therapist. Most important, stick to your version of the story, and don't exagerate anything! It can play against you.

Cars sucks! Or should I say, some drivers sucks, some people shouldn't be on the roads! Didn't see you my ASS...hope you get better soon, if you NEED ANYTHING, you know we live close to each other, so just buzz me and I'll do whatever I can to help, ok?

outch

sorry

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

got hit today

damn man..that is no good...hopefully everything will work out...

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

NOT laughing with you {~; bemused's Avatar

got hit today

sorry to hear this, man... there's some good advice up above, heed it.

WWSD? (what would Sneakers do?)
    "for every credibility gap, there is a gullibility fill"
    jeff f
    '97 RF900R

got hit today

like has been said by most already, Id get your back checked out. And there is probably damage to the frame or something from that impact. Sorry, sucks to hear things like this

got hit today

Glad you came out OK, sounds like it could have been a lot worse, bikes can be replaced.

Let's ALL be careful out there.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Re: Re: got hit today

Originally posted by Suf Daddy
    Another kid at Loon broke his back and went to the hospital. PLY-Mouth. The X-ray tech or ER doc said well you can go home now, .........
    When I lived in New Hampshire one of my friends father fell off a roof and hurt his neck. They brought him to Plymouth hospital and was told he was ok and they sent him home. His neck still bothered him so he went to Laconia hospital and was told his neck was broken and he was lucky he didn't get paralized. Nobody goes to Plymouth hospital if they can get somewhere else.

As for back injury it's hard to prove it doesn't bother you the same with neck injuries.

You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

got hit today

hhhmmmm...Plymouth hospital sounds like Woonsocket Hospital. My uncle went in their for kidney stones and they collapsed his lung for him and he almost died. A friend of mine's mother went in with a heart attack and they collapsed her lung...she ended up dying. Not sure if she would have died anyway but they certainly didn't help...

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.