Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Joe Rocket Ballistic pants 5.0

I am considering buying these pants I was wondering if anyone had any expiriences or other recomendation of pants. Joe Rocket Ballistic 5.0 Tall Pants and other Joe Rocket Street Pants and Motorcycle Parts and Apparel from RideGear.com
    I plan on making an order sometime tonight so please let me know what you think. Thanks to all of those that respond.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by imkindafkedup View Post
    I am considering buying these pants I was wondering if anyone had any expiriences or other recomendation of pants. Joe Rocket Ballistic 5.0 Tall Pants and other Joe Rocket Street Pants and Motorcycle Parts and Apparel from RideGear.com
    I plan on making an order sometime tonight so please let me know what you think. Thanks to all of those that respond.
    I have a pair and like them. They are definately waterproof. I bought them because they offer a tall size and they fit perfectly.

I also have a pair. Work exactly as advertised. I put it through a full 3hr wet weather (and cold to top it off) ride. Kept me nice and warm and perfectly dry. I wouldn't wear it in anything over 50degree's, as the pants aren't exactly designed for warmer weather.

btw; if you want to try a pair on go visit South Shore Motorsports in Quincy. When i still working there i had ordered a few different sizes to keep instock.

2021 Ducati Panigale V2
    2020 Honda Grom

my expereince with JR Ballistic 5.0 is not so good

the first pair split the seam within 2 days, and needed to be replaced, the replacement pair broke the fly zipper within a week, but hidden under a velcro enclosure, I ignored the broken zipper

I wore them for about 2 years, before the side zippers wore out,

I was going to replace them with another pair, the new pair split at the seams again and the sewn in belt pulled out of the seam to

when the replacement pair came into my dealer, one of the parts guys gave a good tug on the belt and it pulled out again

I wear First Gear HT pants & Jacket now

Joe Rocket stitching SUCKS bigtime, I always hated the design on the Jacket pockets , all the vent zippers broke rather quickly

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

I've worn mine for about 6K miles of seat time. No issues at all. 100% waterproof, 70° or warmer you'd better be moving, with the vents open, they get warm quick. I've riden in the low 20's several times, SUPER comfortable. I'd buy another pair again.

I get offended by people who cry they've been offended

Lifer

I have a similar pair from JR that are slightly different that I got last summer. Mine are only waterproof with the waterproof lining zipped in. That makes them very hot & not breathable at all. I also had an early version of the Ballistic pants (3.0?) and my experience was similar to Randy's. (I think he's talking about an earlier version as well. Even with the liner if it rains hard they will eventually leak in a couple areas as they have zippers that water will eventually get through. (Crotch, side of leg)

The new pants are put together much more nicely then the original ones I had. My only suggestion is to make *sure* you try them on. They are not fit at all intelligently for riding, they bunch up in all the wrong places, they're too long/short, etc.. they really fit like street clothes and not motorcycle clothes. If I just ride my bike and move around in the seat mine will eventually ride up over the top of my boots and leave part of my leg exposed & the armor in the wrong place.

You get what you pay for... I only wear them for short trips where I don't want to have to change in a bathroom if I stop.

i have the 3.0's i think? I had an issue with a buckle comming off...got a new pair and haven't had any other quality issues. They are too hot for me unless it us under like 45 degrees....imo they are snow pants with armor...

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

I forget which version I have, but they've held up fine. Very waterproof, very NOT breathable. And if you sweat in 'em, good luck getting 'em off. That lining sticks like glue in that case!

Great colder weather/rain pants from my experience...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

[QUOTE=benVFR;341071]?) and my experience was similar to Randy's. (I think he's talking about an earlier version as well. QUOTE]

my first pair were 4.0's that I wore a couple years, the 5.0's I never kept

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

thanks guys, i actually ending up getting the alter egos as i heard they are comfortable in all weather types because of the removable lining.