Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Hodgson coming to the USA

Neil Hodgson will team with Eric Bostrom, next year on the Parts Unlimited Ducati superbike team. I think he will give Mat Mladin a run for his money and give Ducati a chance at the title, again. Should be a fun season, next year.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS#167

cool...

SCHWEEEEET!!!!!

Heath Smith
    LRRS/CCS #337
    Low Down Racing
    www.racetireservice.com
    www.motorbikesplus.com
    Power by Dr. Hillsgrove
    Traction by Franimal Racing Syndicate

05' KTM 525SMR,
    01' YZ426F
    05' Reiju RS1

Says Vale to Colin at the end of the 2002 8 Hours of Suzuka: "Ok Colin, you better go out there and win. Because it is the ONLY way we will NEVER have to come here again!"

But they may not be on Michelin's, and this could pose a serious $$$ problem.

The Michelin France race dept. foots the bill for the US Superbike team, and it is a VERY hefty one. If the PU team does not want Michelin's, they have to find the $$$ themselves to fund it.

And Ducati Austin doesn't even STOCK Michelin's. They are a big Metzeler user. They only have them now because of this contract.

The Michelin is a World Championship tire, and Hodgson has won it on consistantly on twins.

Bostrom is a 4 cyl. rider first, and his issues with the twin combined with his serious problems with the Michelin shod front end could not be overcome.

The Dunlop to Michelin switch can be very, very difficult.

Putting his hands in the air, like he just doesn't care.
    Check out my eBay store!
    Dave - Motorace - Michelin

Bridgestone?

I read that Ducati Corse may switch to Bridgestone for the 2005 MotoGP team. If this does happen, the US team may be running on Bridgestones also. We shall see...

LRRS#167

If Bridgestone wants to pay the bill, fine.

Michelin has always had to deal with a very flighty / fickle reputation when it comes to top level AMA racing. Teams like continuity, and Michelin, to their discredit, has not provied that in years. Hence, the Dunlop steamroller in the USA.

The Dunlop is an inferior tire - look at other countries PLUS World Championships - but they are also a very stable and ingrained part of US racing.

They - Michelin - attempted to address this with the Ducati Austin team, but a severe lack of testing, plus Bostrom had to deal with a totally different tire and bike, didn't get them the results they were hoping for.

The bill footed by Michelin for this team is in the several million dollar area. If they are not involved, who has that kind of money to pay?

As of this week, Michelin still does not know what is going on. I know - I asked them!

Putting his hands in the air, like he just doesn't care.
    Check out my eBay store!
    Dave - Motorace - Michelin