Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

New Honda 750 parallel twin, Hornet and Transalp

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Re: New Honda 750 parallel twin, Hornet and Transalp

lol. i don't see it as down vote it. i see it as i disapprove of the direction the American market has taken. as most know i often choose a different path. yea, i'm tapped in the head

i do like the AT! its bringing back the old school look

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

It's not just the US market, it's a world wide phenomenon. And what's not to love, all the amenities of a sport tourer, without the forward lean. I've no desire to adventure ride my adventure bike, but absolutely love it for regular riding.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    It's not just the US market, it's a world wide phenomenon. And what's not to love, all the amenities of a sport tourer, without the forward lean. I've no desire to adventure ride my adventure bike, but absolutely love it for regular riding.
    I agree with you, but the most adventure-y bike I ever owned was a Honda VFR1200X. I rode it to South Dakota and then returned home on the Northern Route over the Great Lakes. It was "not great" at this duty. I actually preferred my VFR800.

My ST1300's and not my Yamaha tracer 9GT are vastly better long trip sprot tourers than the adventure bike set, IMO.

But I will also admit that the Tracer 9GT doesn't have that "trip-around-the-world" look.

There are similarities between the adventure bike and HD crowds. Neither will admit it, but it's a similar need expressed in different looking packages.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by SteveM; 11-18-22 at 03:16 PM.

Primary difference I've noticed: My ST3 has happy cruising at 'possibly' above the posted limit... I had a limit to how long of a day I'd do on it, but it's interest in super cruising meant I could cover miles at a good clip. The Pan Am doesn't have the wind protection or gearing the ST3 had, but it's super comfy, and the wind on the highway isn't annoying. I cruise at a lower speed, but am happy to do so longer. Otherwise I've got all the storage I could want, wife is comfy, and if it gets at all shitty, I just don't care one the Pan Am.

Similarity to HD riders? I suppose? I still want to do TDs on my toy though.

Last edited by Kurlon; 11-18-22 at 06:42 PM.

Yammie noob channel said the same thing. ADV bikes are excellent (sport) touring bikes. Minus the orange R/Rally variants, I think ADV bikes suck enough off road, that I say Just throw a dedicated street tire on it and call it a day

Last edited by breakdirt916; 11-19-22 at 01:06 AM.
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2017 KTM 690 Enduro R**

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    no forward lean on the St1300. very neutral

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

I don't count the ST1300 / ST1100 in the SPORT Touring category, they are the entry points into the full tourer category along with the Goldwing in my mind. Bikes like the Ducati ST3/4, sport bikes with bags are what I'm comparing against.

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

Ducati DesertX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCS/LRRS #83

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12