Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

honda bad?

I Dance With Will

honda bad?

i feel bad for this guy. i actually read the whole thing. so my opinion for honda is pretty low right now. wonder if yamaha is the same.

http://www.sportbike.com/vbulletin/s...p?threadid=533

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "fuckit!"

Banned

honda bad?

That is posted on about 7 sportbike mailing lists. Very very bad situation all around if it is true. I say IF it is true because I just don't see how it can be a mojor fault. Has to be the thermostat, nothing else. I can't see anything else causing this problem except a bad temperature sensor. I will be watching closely to see what transpires.

Degsy

I Dance With Will

honda bad?

yep i agreed. according to the guy, the dealer replaced both already. it's the dealing with local dealers and honda customer service that got me real worry about getting honda for my next bike.

"fuckit!"

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

honda bad?

Originally posted by Degsy
    That is posted on about 7 sportbike mailing lists. Very very bad situation all around if it is true. I say IF it is true because I just don't see how it can be a mojor fault. Has to be the thermostat, nothing else. I can't see anything else causing this problem except a bad temperature sensor. I will be watching closely to see what transpires.

Degsy
    Leaking head gasket would do this. Exhaust gases leaking into the water jackets would prevent the coolant from doing it's job. Easy to check with an exhaust gas analyzer sniffing the coolant overflow bottle. Any CO there would be an immediate tell tale. This is not uncommon in engines and I'm surprised it wasn't checked right away.

Banned

honda bad?

Yeah, I thought he went through some checks on that though and eliminated it. Also if he had a leaky head gasket I would have thought he would have seized his motor by now. We will see. I have been let down by Honda warranty in the past also. I just insist and it usually gets things done.

degsy

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

honda bad?

Yeah, I thought he went through some checks on that though and eliminated it. Also if he had a leaky head gasket I would have thought he would have seized his motor by now. We will see. I have been let down by Honda warranty in the past also. I just insist and it usually gets things done.

degsy
    I didn't see anything in the post about checking the coolant for gases. I drove a car for two years with this problem. It never overheated, just ran really hot. If I were that guy, I'd take it to any mechanic with a EGA and have it checked out. That would be enough evidence to get the engine opened up I'd think.

My bike's warranty just ran out. I'm sure it'll break down on the way home tonight.

Banned

honda bad?

I think I saw it on one of the boards that he had checked for leakdown and compression, could be mistaken. If he hasn't checked it I would agree that a blown head gasket, and yes, it could be an internal leak between oil and water in which case a comp/leakdown test won't find it. if they have already changed the thermostat and sender then it has to be a blockage, bad water pump or a head gasket.

degsy

honda bad?

Degsy
    Agreed.... head gasket should be looked at....or the timing is way off.....Screwed up module advancing, or retarding Waaaaay too much

Too old to rock and roll, too young to die.

Banned

honda bad?

Is there an echo in here Mark, or are you training to be a parrott?

degs

honda bad?

I replied before fully reading the posts....
    Then I changed it....

Asshole...

I Dance With Will

honda bad?

"fuckit!"

honda bad?

I would caution against making a decision based on a sampling of one.

In other words, don't blame Honda because one guy is pissed off.
    If you look hard enough you can find someone angry with every manufacturer.

Look at the average K'.

BTW the good things I hear about Honda centers around build quality, and customer service/warranty honor. Honda being about the best.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

honda bad?

Originally posted by legalspeed
    I would caution against making a decision based on a sampling of one.

In other words, don't blame Honda because one guy is pissed off.
    If you look hard enough you can find someone angry with every manufacturer.

Look at the average K'.

BTW the good things I hear about Honda centers around build quality, and customer service/warranty honor. Honda being about the best.
    Every dealership does it...They don't want to be the ones holding the ball...so they pass it back and forth from corporate, back to the dealership. The only person that losses here is the owner of the bike. As soon as you do mention Legal action, the dealership won't touch it because it's the corporation that will be the one to answer for it...They love passing the buck back and forth...Suzuki is notorious for trying to duck outta warranty work. Look at the Bandit, and it's piston problem....What a mess that is...

I also want to add, that they may know what the problem is, and the dealership doesn't want to be the one footing the bill for it, if it is extensive.

I Dance With Will

honda bad?

perhaps should also check the dealer rated list. so whos false in this case? the customer? he didn't do anything except buy the bike. they saw the problem at one point and picture taken and everything. i wouldn't know what to do.

"fuckit!"