Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Honda cb919 hornet alternatives

Lifer

Re: Honda cb919 hornet alternatives

Ducati quality has improved over the years. The air cooled monster have a different character than the newer water cooled ones. I have both Hondas and Ducatis and I think it is easier to be wowed by the Honda/Japanese bikes on the first ride whereas the Ducatis you love more an more for their unique riding experience the more you own them. The mission is the same, but the smooth inline 4 of the 919 is very different then an L-twin. My scrambler is closer in smoothness, but a different bike. I do like the classic look of the 919. To me the Kawasaki 900rs is the closest to it from the new bikes.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '15 Ducati Scrambler, '13 Multistrada 1200S, '07 VFR, '14 CRF250L/M, '15 FJ-09, '23 Tuareg

Lifer

Thanks to MattR302's help i am currently trying to buy the cb919 he suggested. I say try because with all the travel restrictions in place i cant get to it to make the deal and bring it back and put it into storage myself so i got to figure that whole bit out. The bike seems really nice though and is probably better than my original one which only makes it more ideal.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by dankatz View Post
    I have a 2012 Ducati Monster 1100evo. i think their missions are similar. Comfortable, stylish, can be used for relaxed riding, but has a sporty flair. I love my monster, but ride it less and less as I have a few other bikes. I use my street triple R with the Givi trunk for commuting. Check out the Monster as well.
    The 1100Evo is always a bike I search for. I’ve watched this vid a dozen times. Sounds so good. I sat on a used one at Naults windham a few years back and loved how comfy it was, but the nose felt wicked stubby. Not a bad thing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5xRXRZHBibs

@dankatz you ever ride a cb1100?

@stevem you ever ride a 1100 evo?

I’ve loved the 919 since they were new. Good luck OP, if u need any assistance from Boston area to concord area I have a truck and utility trailer

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Never ridden a CB1100 - rented a T120 Bonneville for 24 hrs in Vegas which is likely the closest to a CB1100. Monster is a different animal. Handles like a dream. Motor is also full of torque, but the bandwidth is wider. Much lighter - about 100 lbs. My Monster looks like in the video. Well broken in at 22k miles. Much better than new - I think smoother for some reason. The termi's make a big difference, likely because of the ECU.

'15 Ducati Scrambler, '13 Multistrada 1200S, '07 VFR, '14 CRF250L/M, '15 FJ-09, '23 Tuareg

Yes, that is certainly an option. Gotta be green though.
    I prefer blue or black. but find a good unmolested one of any color and you have a great bike.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    The 1100Evo is always a bike I search for. I’ve watched this vid a dozen times. Sounds so good. I sat on a used one at Naults windham a few years back and loved how comfy it was, but the nose felt wicked stubby. Not a bad thing.

@dankatz you ever ride a cb1100?

@stevem you ever ride a 1100 evo?

I’ve loved the 919 since they were new. Good luck OP, if u need any assistance from Boston area to concord area I have a truck and utility trailer

Me on my monster. We digress.

The 919 and smaller hornet have a strong following in Europe where they competed well with the Bandit.

Nobody said Busa? Or B-king?

I don't even know you guys any more.

Z1000, FZ1, GSX-S 750, SV1000, Bandit, Super Duke, Streetfighter, Monster, Tuono, S1000R, Speed/street triple. I'm sure I'm missing a few.

What's the difference between a bolt and a screw?
    First you screw, then you bolt.

Lifer

I didnt even think about the b king. If this deal falls through they are certainly worth a look.

Lifer

B Kings are rad. I’m always tempted by the Bandit but it just looks so dumpy.

I am sure the B-King is a hoot to ride but its pug ugly if you ask me.. looks better though if you remove the stock exhaust...
    Honda cb919 hornet alternatives-bking-jpg

Last edited by MUZ720; 12-10-20 at 09:06 AM.

Lifer

The more i look into the b king the more perfect it looks. Any ideas of the price range for them? Not many for sale but it is winter.

Having owned a CB1100 and having *really* tried to appreciate it for what it was, I can't recommend it. Smooth as all hell, just not enough "Honda magic" to make up for the weight and lack of wind management options. ZRX or Z900 all day if a big i-4 classic is your thing imo.

-Jared
    ZX-4RR, Hyperstrada 821, ZX-6R (FS!), 701 E/SM (FS!)

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    I am sure the B-King is a hoot to ride but its pug ugly if you ask me.. looks better though if you remove the stock exhaust...
    Honda cb919 hornet alternatives-bking-jpg
    Nice second gen Tuono graphics

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    The more i look into the b king the more perfect it looks. Any ideas of the price range for them? Not many for sale but it is winter.
    Two on cycle trader, one private sale for five, one at a dealer for 8.

I was gonna say 7-8 but I never look pvt party.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by feralchimp View Post
    Having owned a CB1100 and having *really* tried to appreciate it for what it was, I can't recommend it. Smooth as all hell, just not enough "Honda magic" to make up for the weight and lack of wind management options. ZRX or Z900 all day if a big i-4 classic is your thing imo.
    Last years color scheme of the z900rs cafe is the tits, but it drives me crazy that early to mid 2000s, makes bikes sat and became leftovers at steals. I can remember a Speed Four new for $5400.

Now they’re popular and the retro version of the z900 is MORE? To look older? Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post

Rode the 1100 evo and loved it. Already had put money down on the SF but the 1100 was probably a better all around bike. Unlike the SF I recall you sat more in it than perched on top of it. Power felt like a good 750 but w/o the top end of an inline 4. I suspect it would have been perfect for the street and back roads (then again I didn't own one so...).

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by 02redhawk View Post
    Rode the 1100 evo and loved it. Already had put money down on the SF but the 1100 was probably a better all around bike. Unlike the SF I recall you sat more in it than perched on top of it. Power felt like a good 750 but w/o the top end of an inline 4. I suspect it would have been perfect for the street and back roads (then again I didn't own one so...).
    I agree with your assessment 100%. I had a well sorted out SF848 at the same time I had my monster. There was some overlap so I knew I should sell one of them. I loved the looks. It had a Remus exhaust and a Rexxer tune, and I put an Oberon clutch slave cylinder, so was very well sorted out. I ended up keeping the monster and selling the SF848 as I felt more comfortable on the monster.

Lifer

Yes, that is certainly an option. Gotta be green though.
    https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/...100-5014706628

Lifer

Thats the color i would want but that bike is grungy. Seems top dollar for its sad condition.

This one looks to be in good shape. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...code=undefined

This was posted this morning. Decent deal considering the suspension upgrades and 2 sets of rims. I actually met up with this guy about a year ago to sell him that Corbin seat.
    https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/2...oklyn.1541199/

Lifer

Hot damn to I love that era of nakeds. Reminds me of my Bandit 1200.

Honda cb919 hornet alternatives-img_2703-jpg

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by MattR302 View Post
    This was posted this morning. Decent deal considering the suspension upgrades and 2 sets of rims. I actually met up with this guy about a year ago to sell him that Corbin seat.
    https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/2...oklyn.1541199/

Lol. Thats my old bike. He has really beat it down. Its tough to get rust like that on the triple tree.

Ive given up on getting a nice 919. Im out of room. I bought an nsr and a new imperial while trying to find a one and they ate up my free space. Still looking for a decent dirty bike but that staying outside.

Lifer

Lol. Thats my old bike. He has really beat it down. Its tough to get rust like that on the triple tree.

Ive given up on getting a nice 919. Im out of room. I bought an nsr and a new imperial while trying to find a one and they ate up my free space. Still looking for a decent dirty bike but that staying outside.
    What about the firehawk I posted in the CL thread?

Your park avenue leads to..

Its tough to get rust like that on the triple tree.
    Oh really? My 919 begs to differ
    Honda cb919 hornet alternatives-a1b4c3d8-8d1a-4251-b8e7-d9098736f25e

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12