Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

hoping for a late start to winter

hoping for a late start to winter

Well for the past 15 years or so I've been renewing my motorcycle permit every 2 year's, never really rode at night or carried a passenger, so I never bothered with the license. Well now my wife is really wanting to go for more and more rides and 2 of my kids are big enough to ride on the back, so I decided end of season there should be plenty of openings for road tests. The soonest test I could get is December 16 in Springfield, hopefully its an unseasonably warm day but even if its bitterly cold I'm just gonna bundle up, man up and get it done with, road conditions pending of course, cause I won't ride through 2in of snow on street tires again.

Most likely I won't be buying my 848 until February when I get my taxes and I'm kinda worried about them turning me away with my 19 year old ninja cause its been modified quite a bit and I've heard of ppl bring turned away for not having stock reflectors. Long story short, does anyone have a bone stock bike that won't be totally winterized then that they would consider letting me borrow for my test, I know its a really long shot but doubt ill have a cosigner for the Ducati loan before then so I gotta either track down a bunch of stock zx6 parts or use a different bike

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: hoping for a late start to winter

Why not just take your license test in the spring?

I hope you die in a fire if you ruin my snowmobile riding season.

Anyhow, good luck!

2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

That's quite a favor to ask... Ya got balls, son.

Well its a month and a half wait in the end of season, I can only imagine how long it would take to get a test scheduled in spring. As for snowmobile season as soon as Dec 16 comes and goes I hope we get burried with snow for the rest of winter, I don't have a snowmobile anymore but I do plow driveways and hope to be very busy this year. its my 2nd full season doing it on my own with my personal truck. Last year was pretty good and this year I'm hoping for many many feet of snow to push, just not all at once again .

Oh and pretty much seeing if someone has an old unmodified beater, not really expecting to borrow a brand new bike or anything, lol, not to say I would have a problem taking my roadtest on something new and shiny

Lifer

I've got my wife's bone stock automatic cm400 of the 80's vintage you could use. It's ugly and souless but legit. I think it needs an inspection sticker but should pass no problem. if you want to run it to the shop and get it done its all yours to use.
    if it was warmer I'd let you take the r1 but its a handful in the cold.

Why don't you just sign up for the first skilled rider class of the year at a location near you? Usually in April. You get your license(given you pass) and you might learn a few things in the process. Cost is about $130.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

And in MA, they won't let you renew a permit anymore. For exactly this reason ^

Paul_E_D

I looked into the class and it was $250 not sure who or what you know different. I was just told about the permit thing the other day, what the rmv does now is give you 2 years to get your license on your permit and if it expires you need to wait to years before you can get another permit. Boosten thank you ill probably take you up on that offer!!

$250 was probably the full beginner class which is 15-25 hours.
    The one day skilled/experienced class is 6-8 hours and under $150.

I know as I have taught the classes since 2006.
    There are 3 schools within an hour of you.

Massachusetts RMV - Motorcycle Rider Training

Provided your permit won't expire first, the 1 day ERC classes for $150 are the way to go.
    I keep a wr250x on the road during the winter, but I'm a fair bit further away.

Equal opportnity offender Lxpony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myzx6 View Post
    Well for the past 15 years or so I've been renewing my motorcycle permit every 2 year's, never really rode at night or carried a passenger, so I never bothered with the license. Well now my wife is really wanting to go for more and more rides and 2 of my kids are big enough to ride on the back, so I decided end of season there should be plenty of openings for road tests. The soonest test I could get is December 16 in Springfield, hopefully its an unseasonably warm day but even if its bitterly cold I'm just gonna bundle up, man up and get it done with, road conditions pending of course, cause I won't ride through 2in of snow on street tires again.

Most likely I won't be buying my 848 until February when I get my taxes and I'm kinda worried about them turning me away with my 19 year old ninja cause its been modified quite a bit and I've heard of ppl bring turned away for not having stock reflectors. Long story short, does anyone have a bone stock bike that won't be totally winterized then that they would consider letting me borrow for my test, I know its a really long shot but doubt ill have a cosigner for the Ducati loan before then so I gotta either track down a bunch of stock zx6 parts or use a different bike

Where are you going to find this 848????

The 848 is a secret, only cause I don't want it bought out from under me, but there is a few dealers I have been to that have brand new leftover 848's which are more then I want to spend unfortunately. They all have used 848's too very little mileage like 1st oil change mileage and very reasonably priced too but plz don't anyone go out looking for one, you guys wouldn't like them lol

Has anyone taken there road test in springfield lately, wondering how the instructors are and the lot, how big and is it busy or a seperate gated off area?? How thorough did they go through your bike, any problems?????

Lifer

∆∆∆ he just wants to sell you his.

All I heard was, "I've been riding for 15 years with no license".

Wait... I also heard, "I know I don't know you, or have a license, but can I borrow your motorcycle in the middle of winter? And oh yea... I can't afford to fix it when I crash it."

Asshole...

Last edited by GixerJockey; 11-07-14 at 09:16 AM.

hoping for a late start to winter-20140726_145508-jpg

I would definitely sell you mine if you are interested. Im in Barre MA.....2012 with Termis and 3050 miles. Ohlins damper replaced the generic one from the factory. ASV levers and tinted screen.

You can come by and take a look if you want.

And no, you cant borrow it in December to get your license.

Last edited by Lxpony; 11-07-14 at 09:45 AM.

Lifer

i know myzx6. He lives next to me. He is welcome to anyone of my 8 bikes. He is a good rider and solid guy. Quite a few people know him on these boards. I think his posting for a bike to borrow was an easy way to ask people that know him as a group rather than going after each one individually.

Quote Originally Posted by GixerJockey View Post
    All I heard was, "I've been riding for 15 years with no license".

Wait... I also heard, "I know I don't know you, or have a license, but can I borrow your motorcycle in the middle of winter? And oh yea... I can't afford to fix it when I crash it."

Asshole...
    Seems to me you're the asshole...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lxpony View Post
    hoping for a late start to winter-20140726_145508-jpg

I would definitely sell you mine if you are interested. Im in Barre MA.....2012 with Termis and 3050 miles. Ohlins damper replaced the generic one from the factory. ASV levers and tinted screen.

You can come by and take a look if you want.

And no, you cant borrow it in December to get your license.
    Sell me the Ohlins damper. It's an SD31, right?

Lifer

Has anyone taken there road test in springfield lately, wondering how the instructors are and the lot, how big and is it busy or a seperate gated off area?? How thorough did they go through your bike, any problems?????
    This thread includes some info : http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...road-test.html
    And was bumped by member Abeer earlier this summer looking for info in preparation for taking the test himself.

nedirtriders.com

I looked into the class and it was $250 not sure who or what you know different. I was just told about the permit thing the other day, what the rmv does now is give you 2 years to get your license on your permit and if it expires you need to wait to years before you can get another permit. Boosten thank you ill probably take you up on that offer!!
    So you plan to buy a new Ducati 848, a $13,500 motorcycle, but you begrudge $250 for training?

Last edited by Garandman; 11-07-14 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwm2k3 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Sell me the Ohlins damper. It's an SD31, right?
    Yea, that is the one. Im anal and didnt want to look at the cheap generic one.

Quote Originally Posted by jwm2k3 View Post
    Oh really Mr. Big Balls? How, exactly, would it seem like that to you? In this situation? Because I think this situation is pretty justified. Apparently you think its cool to spend 15 years riding without a license and skirting the system.

I don't see how that comment made me the asshole. I am... that's not news. But I don't have patience, or sympathy, for someone who rides unlicensed. I have even less patience for someone who asks to borrow a motorcycle and then says that they need a cosigner to purchase a pipe dream. Tells me two obvious (and one slightly less obvious) things. 1) They aren't responsible enough to go get a fucking MC license, but it hasn't stopped them from riding for the last 15 years. 2) They can't afford to repair, or replace, a borrowed motorcycle. 2a) Owning a 19 year old motorcycle, they are probably not carrying enough insurance to cover whatever they borrow.

Remove the possibility of a personal connection... This is a huge ask from someone who's demonstrated, multiple times, that they have learned zero responsibility in their years on this earth.

Lifer

Most people use the term unlicensed to imply they were not legal to operate because of the way licensing in the US works. But why do you have a problem if he had a permit the entire time, and doing so in a legal manner?

nedirtriders.com

thanks for the link that was pretty much what I was looking for.

Well I'm not buying a new 848 I'm buying used given its not all that much less and its not that I'm against training, I'd just much rather spend that money on track days and i already prepaid when I booked the roadtest so I don't wanna back out now.

Ok I have been legal every time I get on my bike you douche bag, I've always had a valid permit You dont know nothing about me and have no idea what I can or can't afford. I wasnt asking to borrow a brand new bike like I said in one of my first cpl posts, boosten was right, I know a bunch of members and know that there are plenty of old spare beaters around here, which is exactly what I was asking to use for my test.

Lxpony- how much are you asking for, that bike is damn sexy, why you selling it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast