Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

hoping for a late start to winter

Re: hoping for a late start to winter

Sell it to me...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Gixxer you can assume whatever u want, yea I fucked up my credit 7 years ago when the economy tanked and I lost my job and subsequently had my truck repossessed like many many other people at the time. I ride a .19 year old bike because it was a project that I wanted to rebuild from the ground up which I did for 3years before registering and Insuring it which by the way is full coverage because you like to assume so much. How is a valid permit illegally operating???? How have I demonstrated zero responability multiple times???? Now let me make an assumption, your just a 40 year old loser with nothing better to do then talk shot on a forum, do you still live with your mom, by the way you talk most likely

Quote Originally Posted by GixerJockey View Post
    Oh really Mr. Big Balls? How, exactly, would it seem like that to you? In this situation? Because I think this situation is pretty justified. Apparently you think its cool to spend 15 years riding without a license and skirting the system.

I don't see how that comment made me the asshole. I am... that's not news. But I don't have patience, or sympathy, for someone who rides unlicensed. I have even less patience for someone who asks to borrow a motorcycle and then says that they need a cosigner to purchase a pipe dream. Tells me two obvious (and one slightly less obvious) things. 1) They aren't responsible enough to go get a fucking MC license, but it hasn't stopped them from riding for the last 15 years. 2) They can't afford to repair, or replace, a borrowed motorcycle. 2a) Owning a 19 year old motorcycle, they are probably not carrying enough insurance to cover whatever they borrow.

Remove the possibility of a personal connection... This is a huge ask from someone who's demonstrated, multiple times, that they have learned zero responsibility in their years on this earth.
    This may all be true....but who made you king shit to call someone else an asshole??

Just seems duchey to me.

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    Most people use the term unlicensed to imply they were not legal to operate because of the way licensing in the US works. But why do you have a problem if he had a permit the entire time, and doing so in a legal manner?
    Because the purpose of a permit is to take a little while to learn the streets and then go get a license. Not to treat it as an end around on licensingto avoid taking, and possibly failing, the test because the state left a loophole.

I know, I'm on a soap box. But that chaps my ass.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by GixerJockey; 11-07-14 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by myzx6 View Post
    Well I'm not buying a new 848 I'm buying used given its not all that much less and its not that I'm against training, I'd just much rather spend that money on track days and i already prepaid when I booked the roadtest so I don't wanna back out now.
    Sorry I misunderstood. So you plan to take out a substantial note to purchase a used, very expensive-to-repair motorcycle so you can do track days, each of which costs more than the license course?

Now let me make an assumption, your just a 40 year old loser with nothing better to do then talk shot on a forum, do you still live with your mom, by the way you talk most likely

Quote Originally Posted by jwm2k3 View Post
    This may all be true....but who made you king shit to call someone else an asshole??

Just seems duchey to me.
    This is NESR... No one needs to wait for a nomination.

Lifer

Because the purpose of a permit is to take a little while to learn the streets and then go get a license. Not to treat it as an end around on licensingto avoid taking, and possibly failing, the test because the state left a loophole.
    You're fine with someone driving around for up to two years without having taken any skills test or training, but upset if someone continues using a permit after they've surely become experienced?

The system doesn't (didn't?) make any sense. I'm with ya there. But I don't see the reason for being pissed about him using it.

nedirtriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    You're fine with someone driving around for up to two years without having taken any skills test or training, but upset if someone continues using a permit after they've surely become experienced?

The system doesn't (didn't?) make any sense. I'm with ya there. But I don't see the reason for being pissed about him using it.
    I've eaten now, so maybe I'm better...

I'm basing my aggravation off of the way CT does it. (Or did it since it's been 20+ years since i got my MC license). And most of it is moot now since CT requires a motorcycle course to get a license.

Permit was good for 90 days. if you're not ready, you got a 30 day extension. You take the written text, you get a permit, you learn to ride, you take the riding test and you get a license.

I'm not fine, at all, with someone who rolls around on a permit for 2 years. That makes no sense either.

Part of the frustration is born from their being a loophole that allows people to take advantage of the purpose of a learner permit, and just keep renewing it. Another part of the frustration is someone taking advantage by continuously renewing the permit and avoiding getting a license. It just hints of impropriety.

This is NESR... No one needs to wait for a nomination.
    I'd still like to buy you a beer!

... It just hints of impropriety.
    Oh dear! Impropriety! As if the licensing process itself ensures anything about anything other than that the state gets it fees and extracts your permission to violate your rights and harass you at will.

PhilB

P.S. I'm also hoping for a late start to winter, just because I'm still riding every day.

"A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Sorry I misunderstood. So you plan to take out a substantial note to purchase a used, very expensive-to-repair motorcycle so you can do track days, each of which costs more than the license course?
    Not just for track days, it'll be my street bike too. I know they are high maintenance but I will be doing all my own service work, just have to worry about parts.

I'm with you, DoucheJockey. I believe the word you are looking for is "integrity".

Equal opportnity offender Lxpony's Avatar

thanks for the link that was pretty much what I was looking for.

Well I'm not buying a new 848 I'm buying used given its not all that much less and its not that I'm against training, I'd just much rather spend that money on track days and i already prepaid when I booked the roadtest so I don't wanna back out now.

Ok I have been legal every time I get on my bike you douche bag, I've always had a valid permit You dont know nothing about me and have no idea what I can or can't afford. I wasnt asking to borrow a brand new bike like I said in one of my first cpl posts, boosten was right, I know a bunch of members and know that there are plenty of old spare beaters around here, which is exactly what I was asking to use for my test.

Lxpony- how much are you asking for, that bike is damn sexy, why you selling it.

I would be asking $11,000. I need to downsize a little on my collection. I love the bike and it sounds sweet.

I'd still like to buy you a beer!

Anything but beer... Take two out of your cooler and walk over to the RSP/MTAG Pirelli garage in April.

Actaully, who am I kidding... better bring the whole cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Hey! I turned a 2011 Ducati into a race only bike...I FUCKING LOVE IT!!!

Equal opportnity offender Lxpony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    I'm with you, DoucheJockey. I believe the word you are looking for is "integrity".
    Because "integrity" is defined as "obedience to the arbitrary rules of government". Except when one finds a legal way to act that you find less onerous, in which case that's called a "loophole", and "integrity" is re-defined as "submission to whatever the authorities wanted, even if they didn't manage to spell it out very well".

PhilB

"A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises

You are so right, Phil. Thanks for showing me the light once again and since you put it that way, it totally justifies all the able-bodied people in our nation who continually soak the system by remaining on welfare or unemployment.

You are so right, Phil. Thanks for showing me the light once again and since you put it that way, it totally justifies all the able-bodied people in our nation who continually soak the system by remaining on welfare or unemployment.
    That's a stretch from this issue...

Because that has anything whatsoever to do with what I said.

PhilB

That's a stretch from this issue...
    No more of a stretch than the definition I just read

Don't buy an 848, it's the most uncomfortable street bike I've ever owned.

Wicked fun on the track though. And if you do buy one, Mike's is a good deal.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

Quote Originally Posted by PhilB View Post
    Oh dear! Impropriety! As if the licensing process itself ensures anything about anything other than that the state gets it fees and extracts your permission to violate your rights and harass you at will.

PhilB

P.S. I'm also hoping for a late start to winter, just because I'm still riding every day.
    Because "integrity" is defined as "obedience to the arbitrary rules of government". Except when one finds a legal way to act that you find less onerous, in which case that's called a "loophole", and "integrity" is re-defined as "submission to whatever the authorities wanted, even if they didn't manage to spell it out very well".

PhilB

How do you wear a helmet over that giant layer of tin foil that's constantly wrapped around your head?

PhilB

How does the state's licensing differ from the LRRS licensing racers at NHMS? In both cases, some training is required, you must pass a driving/riding test to be given permission to operate, and you have to pay for both the training and the license, including renewal fees. In both cases, if you prove to be unsafe, you can be punished or have the right to operate revoked. Do you have the same perspective on LRRS licensing that you have on licensing to be allowed on a public roadway?

PhilB
    Does the same principle apply for anyone running a cheater bike or otherwise flaunting LRRS rules? Or are there different standards for what's ethical depending upon whether the 'authority' is a public or private entity?

Dan

I believe the insurance premiums are noticeably lower when the rider in possession of a m/c license, no?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast