Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 48 of 48

hotness???

  1. #26
    Super Moderator OreoGaborio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    MA
    Age
    42
    Posts
    38,159

    hotness???



    Nice dude..... i'm startin to come around w/ this tardness that's overcoming NESR

    "NESR... The 'tahdidest forum in New England"

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Pete LRRS/CCS #81 - ECK Racing, TonysTrackDays
    GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Phoenix Graphics | Woodcraft | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media

    The Garage: '03 Tuono | '06 SV650

  2. #27
    Work U HBerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Nashua
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,624

    hotness???

    w00t w00t

    So is this beast at Nates house or in Merrimack?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    --HBerry

    LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

  3. #28
    Lifer oreo_n2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Amherst, NH
    Posts
    4,832

    hotness???

    it's in hudson.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

  4. #29
    Don't bother me! R7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Yamaha Blvd
    Age
    49
    Posts
    14,187

    hotness???

    Originally posted by oreo_n2
    who can guess what i did on my lunch hour?!?!?!?



    1st ride report.
    -lots of vibrations in the footpegs at highway speeds.
    -rear brakes need to be bleed... almost looped it cause they are pretty soft right now! She comes up quick!!!!
    -i cant stop giggling.
    - lots people look at ya with a "WTF?" on their forehead!!!!
    I keep telling people how much fun they are

    I've found that riding with MX boots cuts down on the vibration a lot, plus they offer far more protection than street boots

    That was the most wheelie happy bike I've ever had, it thought nothing of standing up in 4th in the dirt Though this 525 ktm is a pretty close second.

    So how much do you think it cost to set the bike up with lights and a lighting coil? PM me if you don't want to answer here. I'm reying to get a friend to street legal his 05 yz450 but I don't think he's looking to spend huge money on a lighting system

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

    A Big Powerful Sportbike

  5. #30
    Lifer oreo_n2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Amherst, NH
    Posts
    4,832

    hotness???

    probably about $900 for lighting... and thats cause i wanted it to be a 12v DC system that was bright at night
    Could be done for less with an AC configuration... but not much less.
    Stator is big bucks for that puppy... $500+ and its hard to find.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

  6. #31
    Lifer bbhzx10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    North shore
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,003

    hotness???

    lots people look at ya with a "WTF?" on their forehead!!!!
    People did that to you before....

    Congrats!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2001 Silver ZX-12R... RIP
    2005 KDX 200

  7. #32
    Lifer ZX-12R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Candia, NH
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,661

    hotness???

    Originally posted by oreo_n2
    probably about $900 for lighting... and thats cause i wanted it to be a 12v DC system that was bright at night
    Could be done for less with an AC configuration... but not much less.
    Stator is big bucks for that puppy... $500+ and its hard to find.
    Check out http://www.rickystator.com/ . While they don't list your bike specifically, if you call them up they can pretty much make or source any stator you need. For my old KZ-1000, Kawasaki wanted 3 bills and change. Rickystator had it for $125.

    They also specialize in lighting kits!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #33
    Don't bother me! R7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Yamaha Blvd
    Age
    49
    Posts
    14,187

    hotness???

    Originally posted by ZX-12R
    Check out http://www.rickystator.com/ . While they don't list your bike specifically, if you call them up they can pretty much make or source any stator you need. For my old KZ-1000, Kawasaki wanted 3 bills and change. Rickystator had it for $125.

    They also specialize in lighting kits!
    No matter what you do, you will not get enough power out of the stock stator/flywheel combo, the parts simply are not large enough to get the amount of winding needed to produce power enough to run all the proper lights+charge the battery

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

    A Big Powerful Sportbike

  9. #34
    Lifer ZX-12R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Candia, NH
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,661

    hotness???

    Originally posted by R7
    No matter what you do, you will not get enough power out of the stock stator/flywheel combo, the parts simply are not large enough to get the amount of winding needed to produce power enough to run all the proper lights+charge the battery
    The company I posted besides winding stators to stock specs also does custom windings designed to get much more power out of your charging system. What's the major limiting factor? Is the rotor inadequate, the stator, or both?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #35
    Don't bother me! R7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Yamaha Blvd
    Age
    49
    Posts
    14,187

    hotness???

    Originally posted by ZX-12R
    What's the major limiting factor? Is the rotor inadequate, the stator, or both?
    The flywheel and stator combination are very small on MX bikes and half of each is separate just for the engine ignition which is 40 watts, there no room left on these parts to get another 150 watts from

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

    A Big Powerful Sportbike

  11. #36
    Lifer oreo_n2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Amherst, NH
    Posts
    4,832

    hotness???

    Originally posted by ZX-12R
    The company I posted besides winding stators to stock specs also does custom windings designed to get much more power out of your charging system. What's the major limiting factor? Is the rotor inadequate, the stator, or both?
    with what mark said... a lot of mx bikes canbe rewound to get a little more power... if lucky, you might be able to add windings to get another 100 watts.
    This YZ is a serious offender of the underppowered, non rewindable scenario... its a bike built solely for racing... there was no room to add any power output windings to the system thats on it.. its just enough to run the ignigtion to keep things light and simple. This is not a commonly streeted bike, thus the external stator was not a common part at all and a real pain for Squizz to track down. (thanks again Lis)


    the stator i put on there is actually an external stator, and added more wieght to the fly wheel... gets me a solid 180 watts, and isn't tied to the bikes ignition at all.
    this is a good thing, cause yesterday i left the light switch on while at work and burnt out the battery.... which wont even come up to proper voltage when the bike is on now... booooooo. it was a dark ride home. That would have been slightly more annoying if the ignition system were tied into that battery too!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

  12. #37
    Don't bother me! R7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Yamaha Blvd
    Age
    49
    Posts
    14,187

    hotness???

    You don't want your lights running off the battery, it puts to much stress on the regulator I think the DC side charges the battery? and the AC side is the one you want to use for running the lights.. at least that's how my KTM is and my WR was

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

    A Big Powerful Sportbike

  13. #38
    Lifer oreo_n2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Amherst, NH
    Posts
    4,832

    hotness???

    Originally posted by tls25rs
    Congratulations on getting this thing finally laid to rest and on the road.


    So, we going riding on the 'tahds this weekend or what? Let me know and we can figure out a plan.

    Joel
    my plans to go home got cancelled. so i will be around. time to give the tards a workout!!!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

  14. #39
    Lifer oreo_n2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Amherst, NH
    Posts
    4,832

    hotness???

    Originally posted by R7
    You don't want your lights running off the battery, it puts to much stress on the regulator I think the DC side charges the battery? and the AC side is the one you want to use for running the lights.. at least that's how my KTM is and my WR was

    hmmm.... i dunno yet. still pondering that one. i have a big reg/rect (single package) that is used on production sport bikes so that i can run the lights off the dc side of things. i need to idiot proof the system so i dont burn up another battery. i am thinking of rigging something up with a relay to automatically kill the sytem when the bike turns off.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

  15. #40
    ^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Haverhill, MA
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,532

    hotness???

    Brent,

    Why don't you tie a relay in to your run switch so that the lighting will only work when the run switch is in the on position? I would think that you would typically leave your run switch in the off position when you weren't riding and short of actually adding an ignition switch of some sort this should do the trick.

    Joel

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  16. #41
    Don't bother me! R7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Yamaha Blvd
    Age
    49
    Posts
    14,187

    hotness???

    These bikes don't have "run" switches

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

    A Big Powerful Sportbike

  17. #42
    Lifer bbhzx10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    North shore
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,003

    hotness???

    my plans to go home got cancelled. so i will be around. time to give the tards a workout!!!
    Those poor shocks!

    These bikes don't have "run" switches
    They very easily can! And I'm sure they will very soon.... at least one of them.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2001 Silver ZX-12R... RIP
    2005 KDX 200

  18. #43
    Lifer oreo_n2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Amherst, NH
    Posts
    4,832

    hotness???

    Originally posted by tls25rs
    Brent,

    Why don't you tie a relay in to your run switch so that the lighting will only work when the run switch is in the on position? I would think that you would typically leave your run switch in the off position when you weren't riding and short of actually adding an ignition switch of some sort this should do the trick.

    Joel
    a slight variant of that is exactly what i was thinking

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

  19. #44
    KB KB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Manchester NH
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,171

    hotness???

    Where the fak did you stuff the bat tree??

    Dude you might want to bring two bikes down or work out the kinks first!!!

    I've been riding the bag out of the CRF trying to get used to her.

    You have to learn to ride street, on a dirt bike. It's pretty weird!!

    KB

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS/CCS EX #13

    GMD COMPUTRACK

  20. #45
    Work U HBerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Nashua
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,624

    hotness???

    Was you at advanced auto parts with that beast today?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    --HBerry

    LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

  21. #46
    Lifer oreo_n2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Amherst, NH
    Posts
    4,832

    hotness???

    Originally posted by HBerry
    Was you at advanced auto parts with that beast today?
    yes. i was getting some loctite to deal with some of her "kinks"

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

  22. #47
    Littering and........
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    7,188

    hotness???

    The bike looks awesome, Brent.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  23. #48
    Work U HBerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Nashua
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,624

    hotness???

    Originally posted by oreo_n2
    yes. i was getting some loctite to deal with some of her "kinks"
    I drove by and saw the bike there, I was like the only person that could be is you.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    --HBerry

    LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. HOLY VFR HOTNESS!!! ( BUT $$$$$$$$)
    By JohnnyV in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-07-12, 03:33 PM
  2. R6 hotness (pipes)
    By Paul_E_D in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-24-06, 03:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •