Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Husky 510/610 opinions?

  1. #1
    Senior Member bstnsboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Douglas Ma
    Age
    48
    Posts
    475
    iTrader Score
    0

    Husky 510/610 opinions?


    I'm looking for a dualsport and keep seeing these huskys all set from the factory with lights and street title for not alot of money. I guess I'm just looking for opinions if any if any one has owned or ridden one. I've done the adv rider and thumper talk route. Thank's

    0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by bstnsboy; 09-11-17 at 02:40 PM.

  2. #2
    ^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Haverhill, MA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,914
    iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

    Re: Husky 510/610 opinions?

    610 not as maintenance intensive but also not as powerful overall and a little bit heavier

    450/510, if you want it to last, much more maintenance intensive. More of a race tuned bike, lighter weight.

    I have a couple of the 510 variants and they are awesome to ride on the street. They don't seem to like the beating that tracks like Loudon put on their motors though. Smaller kart tracks would probably be fine but the long periods of being wide open aren't their friend.

    1 Not allowed!
    LRRS NV #300

  3. #3
    Lifer Chippertheripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    the fairest of havens
    Age
    38
    Posts
    11,566
    iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

    Re: Husky 510/610 opinions?

    2 very different beasts.
    I have a homie who insists the 610 is the best 50-50 dualsport ever made. His had a lynx fairing with the dual headlights.

    That gen of husky always felt like a chopper to me. They turned fine, but I always thought the front wheels was way the fuck out in front.

    1 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM LRRS 560x retired, PSTR 317 B-vet, NETRA enduro B-vet

    The Nebulas: surf. Instrumental, gnarly surf.

  4. #4
    Senior Member bstnsboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Douglas Ma
    Age
    48
    Posts
    475
    iTrader Score
    0

    Re: Husky 510/610 opinions?

    Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    610 not as maintenance intensive but also not as powerful overall and a little bit heavier

    450/510, if you want it to last, much more maintenance intensive. More of a race tuned bike, lighter weight.

    I have a couple of the 510 variants and they are awesome to ride on the street. They don't seem to like the beating that tracks like Loudon put on their motors though. Smaller kart tracks would probably be fine but the long periods of being wide open aren't their friend.
    I'm going to ride probably 60/40 street maybe get some sumo wheels for it too. Thanks for the input.

    0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Lifer Stromper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Eastern Ct
    Posts
    2,958
    iTrader Score
    0

    Re: Husky 510/610 opinions?

    If you have little dirt experience get something to learn on I mean crash a lot

    0 Not allowed!
    The calculus of hate

    It is not that I should win it is that you should lose
    It is not that I succeed it is that you fail
    It is not that I should live it is that you should die

  6. #6
    ^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Haverhill, MA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,914
    iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

    Re: Husky 510/610 opinions?

    Quote Originally Posted by bstnsboy View Post
    I'm going to ride probably 60/40 street maybe get some sumo wheels for it too. Thanks for the input.
    For street/dirt use these bikes should be fine. I always make the mistake of thinking people are talking about the SM versions, 1) that is what I own and 2) this is a street riding forum.

    Stromper makes a decent point as well. If new to dirt the 610 can be construed as on the heavy end of things and the 450/510 aren't heavy but do offer a lot of power for the dirt world. They seem to take falls well but not too sure on parts availability depending on the year you are looking at. Hall's Cycles - Located in Springfield, IL - Husqvarna, Ducati and Gas Gas Dealer In Illinois - Providing Service, Parts and Financing is a good source of parts if you wind up with one and need something

    0 Not allowed!
    LRRS NV #300

  7. #7
    Senior Member bstnsboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Douglas Ma
    Age
    48
    Posts
    475
    iTrader Score
    0

    Re: Husky 510/610 opinions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stromper View Post
    If you have little dirt experience get something to learn on I mean crash a lot
    Not new to dirt. I had a kx500 back in the day. Probably the reason I needed my right hip replaced 3 years ago. LOL.

    0 Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Senior Member bstnsboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Douglas Ma
    Age
    48
    Posts
    475
    iTrader Score
    0

    Re: Husky 510/610 opinions?

    Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    For street/dirt use these bikes should be fine. I always make the mistake of thinking people are talking about the SM versions, 1) that is what I own and 2) this is a street riding forum.

    Stromper makes a decent point as well. If new to dirt the 610 can be construed as on the heavy end of things and the 450/510 aren't heavy but do offer a lot of power for the dirt world. They seem to take falls well but not too sure on parts availability depending on the year you are looking at. Hall's Cycles - Located in Springfield, IL - Husqvarna, Ducati and Gas Gas Dealer In Illinois - Providing Service, Parts and Financing is a good source of parts if you wind up with one and need something
    I know its called new england street riders but there is a lot of dirty riders here too! I think NHbubba has covered almost every dirt question that could be asked and most of the answers are spot on.

    0 Not allowed!

  9. #9
    ^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Haverhill, MA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,914
    iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

    Re: Husky 510/610 opinions?

    Quote Originally Posted by bstnsboy View Post
    I know its called new england street riders but there is a lot of dirty riders here too! I think NHbubba has covered almost every dirt question that could be asked and most of the answers are spot on.
    Oh yeah, I get it and agree fully. I was just explaining why I always get sucked into the thought that questions about these bikes are geared towards the SM end of things.

    0 Not allowed!
    LRRS NV #300

  10. #10
    Senior Member bstnsboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Douglas Ma
    Age
    48
    Posts
    475
    iTrader Score
    0

    Re: Husky 510/610 opinions?

    An sm set-up would be the first upgrade!

    0 Not allowed!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •