Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Husqvarna Norden 901

Hypertarded

Husqvarna Norden 901

Husqvarna Norden 901 is a rally-inspired adventure motorcycle
    https://www.autoblog.com/2021/11/02/...re-motorcycle/

Husqvarna Norden 901-husqvarna-norden-901-4-jpg

Husqvarna has finally introduced the production version of the Norden 901 concept it unveiled in 2019. It's an adventure-focused, off-road-ready motorcycle that relies on components supplied by parent company KTM to take the Swedish brand into a new segment of the market.

Visually, very little has changed in the Norden 901's transition from a concept to a production model. What we saw at the EICMA show in 2019 is essentially what we'll get when the motorcycle begins arriving at dealerships in select market in November 2021. It's an evolution of the KTM 890 Adventure, according to Motorcycle News, but it stands out with a brand-specific design defined by more upright fairing and a single round LED headlight. It features a generous amount of ground clearance and skid plates that protect the mechanical components......

Power for the Norden 901 comes from an 889-cubic-centimeter two-cylinder engine that delivers 105 horsepower and 74 pound-feet of torque. Here again, technology plays a big role: Husqvarna fitted a ride-by-wire throttle and an Easy Shift system that lets users shift the six-speed transmission up or down without using the clutch. And, there's a five-gallon fuel tank that gives the motorcycle a maximum riding range of about 250 miles, which is more than many electric cars sold new in 2021. You'll need it to use the 901 the way it was intended.

Husqvarna's Norden 901 will disembark on American shores as a 2022 model. Pricing starts at $13,990

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Husqvarna Norden 901

This thing is being panned on advrider already as it's heavier, has worse suspension (43mm WP Apex, full adjustable) and less fuel than the 890R.

That said I'm moderately interested. I like my 1290 Super Adventure for it's road manners and decent offroad chops, I just wish it was slightly better offroad while maintaining it's road worthiness, and lighter. This might be that nice middleground between the 890S and the 890R. And I think it looks alright. I'll wait to see what the reviews say.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

Lifer

I'm kind of confused. So is this a 890 ADV with slightly different styling at the 890 ADV-R price?!

I guess I kind of dig the styling. Dunno if I love it more than I love $1k or 48mm fully adjustable boingy bits.

Lifer

So I must have been under a rock. Just now learning the base 890 ADV has (partially?!) adjustable suspension! Nice. Big oversight on the initial 790 ADV IMO.

I think I'm still in the Yamaha T7 camp. If anyone hears of a bike available...

sweet...but if the 890R is the "one" than what does the 901 offer more of besides 11cc?

FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    sweet...but if the 890R is the "one" than what does the 901 offer more of besides 11cc?
    It isn't orange

Quote Originally Posted by SRTie4k View Post
    That said I'm moderately interested. I like my 1290 Super Adventure for it's road manners and decent offroad chops, I just wish it was slightly better offroad while maintaining it's road worthiness, and lighter. This might be that nice middleground between the 890S and the 890R. And I think it looks alright. I'll wait to see what the reviews say.
    The 1290 sucks to pick up off the ground, or push around on a slight (dirt) incline.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycapp View Post
    The 1290 sucks to pick up off the ground, or push around on a slight (dirt) incline.
    Agreed, I've had to do it a few times when the bike was laying on the downslope too, which is a real back breaker. Once when I was solo...I threw my back out that time.

The new 1290SAR looks pretty nice in that regard. All that fuel down low has gotta help picking it up. But it's still 80lbs heavier than the 890R.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

Up in that weight class, I think I'm more interested in an Africa Twin DCT.

-Jared
    ZX-4RR, Hyperstrada 821, ZX-6R (FS!), 701 E/SM (FS!)

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    Style. I am in the camp who is not excited about the 890R styling but feels the 901 looks alright

'15 Ducati Scrambler, '13 Multistrada 1200S, '07 VFR, '14 CRF250L/M, '15 FJ-09, '23 Tuareg

Quote Originally Posted by feralchimp View Post
    Up in that weight class, I think I'm more interested in an Africa Twin DCT.
    Funny that dual cam tensioners would be a selling point...

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Oh snap, there are only two? I want every lobe to be independently tunable. How else I can haz optimized performanz?

-Jared

This one falls basically into the same category as the standard 890 Adventure. For me I wish they would have pushed further into the street side of being a middleweight Sport Tourer. The 890R is what it is and I believe is fantastic. Doesn't have a lot of use for me though. This is also why the V2 Multi and Tracer GT are the only bikes on my radar.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Lifer

It would have been interesting to see a 890 ADV (-S, or base, or whatever we are calling it) with 19/18 wheels or even 17/17 and maybe shorter travel, more street oriented suspension tuning. I think that would have better differentiated the base ADV and ADV-R. As it is I don't quite get the base ADV except on price alone.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    It would have been interesting to see a 890 ADV (-S, or base, or whatever we are calling it) with 19/18 wheels or even 17/17 and maybe shorter travel, more street oriented suspension tuning. I think that would have better differentiated the base ADV and ADV-R. As it is I don't quite get the base ADV except on price alone.
    ?

I thought that was basically what the base model ADV is? Lower spec components as well, but it’s a 19/18 street bike.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Lifer

Both 890 ADV and ADV-R are 21/18 tubeless spoke wheels. (I had to look. There were a number of improvements to the 890 ADV over the old 790 ADV and I'm constantly being pleasantly surprised as I learn of them.)

I always thought it was a bit of a miss. Could have put more distance between the base ADV and the ADV-R by offering the base in 19/18 like a V-Strom, GS, etc, etc. Maybe even cut costs a touch and gone with a cast wheel instead of spoked.

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Somewhat but not really related to this topic.

Two guys showed up at Hopkinton/Everett riding area in Dunbarton NH yesterday with Yamaha T7s. One literally brand-new with stock tires and another that has been ridden quite a bit with knobbies etc. Guy with the older modified one took it out through the River Loop (there is a short vid clip on MVTR Facebook page from a distance). Most people don't enjoy riding normal enduro type bikes through the River Loop and this guy ripped his T7 through it. He even offered to let us ride it around a bit if we wanted to. His quote was "you can't crash it any harder than I already have". None of us took him up on the offer, though I was tempted.

The more I see this style of bike in action the more I think I might enjoy one. Norden 901 is on the list as I am a bit of a Husqvarna fan, the T7 is also up there though as my Yamaha was, and still is, pretty much bulletproof for a long time.

Lifer

I wish the T7 were easier to get hands on.

Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    "you can't crash it any harder than I already have".
    The world needs more of this vibe, combined with perhaps cheaper health insurance in exchange for sweet YOLO/send-it vids.

-Jared