Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Hyosung 250

Posting Freak

Hyosung 250

So what do you guys and girls think of the Hyosung bikes?I am thinking about getting one for the Wife.
    korider.com - Hyosung / UM Motorcycle Owners Forum

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Hyosung 250

From what I've heard they borrowed a lot of Suzuki tech to make the bikes. With that being said, they haven't really been around long enough to say how reliable they are (or aren't).

I'd say if you're mechanically inclined (which I'm pretty sure you are), you'd be ok getting one. I mean hell, they are pretty damn cheap to begin with.

Why no Ninja 250 Shel? Tried and true technology

Hyosung 250

Quote Originally Posted by schleppy View Post
    From what I've heard they borrowed a lot of Suzuki tech to make the bikes. With that being said, they haven't really been around long enough to say how reliable they are (or aren't).

I'd say if you're mechanically inclined (which I'm pretty sure you are), you'd be ok getting one. I mean hell, they are pretty damn cheap to begin with.

Why no Ninja 250 Shel? Tried and true technology

Funny but I was thinking of buying my wife one as well. Also, they have been around for about 10 years now.....just for your info.

CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 KTM 560 SMR - 2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2002-2006

hyo---sung

I Just rode my mothers 250-sung today, nice bike for no money. I rode a new Hd electra glide yesterday and the Hyosung today, i think the Hyosung lacked a little motor on the Hd but the chasis was better,brakes, ect. I think if they where the same price, i would have a hard descision. Bang for buck, it is a cheap way to start someone in riding to they know what they want.

Hyosung 250

I've heard some not so good things about the Comet GT650 (SV imitator) but nothing bad about the 250's (nor good)

what I have heard is that dealers have more margin to negotiate than they do for japanese bikes

the comet GT lists for only a couple hundred less than the SV, but you can get is $1500 cheaper

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Hyosung 250

a member on here or some other board, i dont remember had lots of problems with his hyosung. its the sport bike model, full fairing one i dont remember the name, said the brakes sucked, handling sucked, everything sucked. also he had problems with the dealer getting parts and such.

id rather got with the ninja 250. readily available parts and service.

Hyosung 250

I'ld feel better with used Japanese for same money

Glen Beck is John the Baptist

Hyosung 250

There was a article in some sport mag a few months back about the Hyosongs. If I remember right. The cruiser model got a decent review. The sport model didn't so so well. Was well below average for todays Sport bike standards. I think they make fine scooters and are trying to get into this market. Aparrently, there are a lot of foriegn companies out there that are trying to get into the Sport bike game but its kind of hard to compete with the big boys.

--Motorcycles are a balance between trust and physics. you just have to trust that your tires will work, and hope the 10 little asian guys that designed the bike got an A+ in physics

....................... PinHead's Avatar

Hyosung 250

Mom's up the street from me carry that bike. And from what I have been told, getting parts is quite a problem. Weather it is the Hyosung or the Alpha sport models they carry, major problems getting parts. The last time I was there I had a look out back in the service area and it was full of raped hyosung's and alpha sports for parts. This was last year some time btw.

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

Hyosung 250

My girlfriend rides one and she loves it. Women are riding for a different reason than men i think. She doesn't mind that between 5500 and 6000 it has a dead spot in the power where as that makes me crazy. Kelly loves hers for what she does which is go out and ride on some back roads and relax. If you want your wife to get her impressions pm me and i ll get you her number.

Rick Lee
    04' CRF450R Mo~tahd~ed
    75' CB750 Cafe (project)
    77' KZ750 Twin
    LRRS #676

Quote Originally Posted by bergs View Post
    You got away by doing the the cheat code for Contra?
    "The only way this guy could have a tougher time in politics is if his name was Jihad McTerrorist." Fuggin Darrel!