Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Idiocy, thy name is Vanson right now...

Idiocy, thy name is Vanson right now...

***Posted this in another forum, but I think this is something I should let more people know about*** (and yeah, I know about the stories...thanks!)

So after going back and forth with people over there (Vanson) and getting fairly decent interactions, I had been assured my new suit would be sent out for last Friday delivery. Call Friday...sorry. The guy that stitches in the armor was sick. We will have it done Monday an sent out. (btw, $2100 custom made suit)

Monday....yup. It's done. Being sent out tomorrow for next day (wednesday) delivery....(yahoo! right?)

Just got home. Box from Vanson is there. Pick it up...a little lighter than I expected but ok. Open up carefully...

Wrong f**king suit! They sent me someone else's custom 2 piece drag suit! Damn thing probably would barely fit my wife! (I know it's custom because they had lettering put on the back and other stuff)

Call them and am all WTF?! The guy I talk to is all "oh shit!" and is going to be making calls to find my suit. I told them it had to be done for this weekend and I was assured time an again that with 7 weeks it was no problem. Well, here I am without my new suit and they better find a way to make this right. If I don't have it by Saturday morning they better come up with some way to make me happy. Otherwise I may be filing a dispute with my credit card. They gave me a work order that said it would be done and delivered by Saturday. They have no indications there was a problem with fulfilling that.

Damnit!!!

***response I gave to someone about the bad customer service reputation Vanson has***

Regretfully, I can't even bitch about the customer service. Matt and Brian have been great to talk to and deal with. It is right now the sole fault of some idiot that couldn't put the right suit in the right box. A simple mistake, and if it were a part or small item from a warehouse I could 100% understand. I mean, really, who here has never ordered something and gotten the wrong part. Make a call..."Sorry. We'll send out the right one tomorrow with a return label for the other part." That is actually not bad, and decent customer service. Own up to the mistake and make it right.

But this? This is some idiot that couldn't read a piece of paper and put the suit in the right box.

Now, if they somehow make this right by Friday, I will be 100% on their side again. OR if they come up with an adequate way to compensate me for this crap. I will definately be posting this here and any other forum sites I am on. Let's see, NESR, R1 forum, S1000RR forum...the word will get out.

--------

So there it is in a nutshell. And I have been calling them on a weekly basis, usually 2-3 times. I heard a lot of excuses, some viable, but they all said I would have it for sure for this coming weekend. I am so pissed about this. Suffice to say I will be on the phone at 9am sharp talking with them, and then calling throughout the day to find out what they are going to do.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Idiocy, thy name is Vanson right now...

Oh yeah, and Smutty, no need to double post to each thread here. I said I would post it in other forums, and I will start here as this and the other board are more local. Before I go to the other boards, I figure I will give Vanson the day to figure out what they are going to do. If nothing satisfactory is given, then I will post it to the more national/international boards.

Round 2...ding ding ding!

Paging 9secondsfat, please report to the customer service department

12 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post

Someone wanna give me a thread link or something? Not getting the joke.

Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
    08 CBR 1000RR street bike
    99 R6 track bike
    02 F4i sold to a nesr member

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy Again View Post
    Someone wanna give me a thread link or something? Not getting the joke.
    It's not on you.

Wow! I just read all 12 pages. I had posted on that thread too (early on)! I had made the order before all the crap with 9seconds started. Now I wish I had been checking the board a lot more. I would have either not placed the order or cancelled it. Way too many complaints of them not having adequate customer service.

I honestly do not know what I should be doing at this point. After being assured by Matt (the custom suit guy) multiple times that I was going to have the suit by the scheduled date, I had begun to trust they may follow through on their word. Getting the wrong suit in the mail? This was ridiculous. No matter what, it still leaves me without MY suit for when I need it.

I am going to be on the phone with Matt first thing in the morning at 9am. You better believe that if I do not have something resolved come noon I will be looking to talk to someone higher. If it isn't resolved by me having a suit at my home by Friday night, then I think either a VERY deep discount (as in enough for me to buy an off the rack suit for this weekend) is in order or a full refund. I KNOW they won't want to refund the $ on a full custom suit, but too bad if they can't fulfill their end. I'll file a dispute with my credit card company and go from there.

Wow! I just read all 12 pages. I had posted on that thread too (early on)! I had made the order before all the crap with 9seconds started. Now I wish I had been checking the board a lot more. I would have either not placed the order or cancelled it. Way too many complaints of them not having adequate customer service.

I honestly do not know what I should be doing at this point. After being assured by Matt (the custom suit guy) multiple times that I was going to have the suit by the scheduled date, I had begun to trust they may follow through on their word. Getting the wrong suit in the mail? This was ridiculous. No matter what, it still leaves me without MY suit for when I need it.

I am going to be on the phone with Matt first thing in the morning at 9am. You better believe that if I do not have something resolved come noon I will be looking to talk to someone higher. If it isn't resolved by me having a suit at my home by Friday night, then I think either a VERY deep discount (as in enough for me to buy an off the rack suit for this weekend) is in order or a full refund. I KNOW they won't want to refund the $ on a full custom suit, but too bad if they can't fulfill their end. I'll file a dispute with my credit card company and go from there.
    I thought I mentioned that thread in your original suit thread on BoRn?

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Yo may have. But I checked the dates and I had placed the order either the day of or the day after 9seconds and his tirade started. I don't check this site too often as it is not as local to where I am so I missed it by time of order.

Ah well. I am still keeping a slight hope that for some reason MY suit is still in the warehouse and as such can be shipped to me tomorrow. If not, I will deal with it.

Bro, your suit is in Kalamazoo...bubba the little drag racer has it...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

So what was the outcome?

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    So what was the outcome?

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Idiocy, thy name is Vanson right now...-midget-jpg

Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
    08 CBR 1000RR street bike
    99 R6 track bike
    02 F4i sold to a nesr member

if you get a full refund, what size is your custom suit?

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Lifer
    Talk to someone higher up, like the owner, when you tell them how poor of a job they're doing and how they lied to you and dropped the ball multiple times he'll resolve it by refusing to make your suit all together.

Honestly, I think the Vanson product sucks. And now after multiple threads, we all see that their business sucks too.

I realize that for a long time Vanson was the goto suit for racers...but, is 2012 and theres better shit out there now...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Ok, here is what is going on right now. I am truly impressed with their service. Very much in contrast to what has been said in the past about Vanson...

They are shipping me a loaner suit that will be here tomorrow. I am in no way liable for any damage done to said suit if anything happens...
    They have contacted the person that was sent my suit. He has yet to receive it but has agreed to immediately turn it around. If it is possible, they have suggested having it sent directly to the track next day shipping by AIR for me to get it on Saturday. But only if it is feasible it will get there...
    I am sending out the other guys suit tomorrow, and they are immediately reimbursing me the money on my card.

That being it in a nutshell I think they are going out of their way to make this right. If it plays out well enough, they may earn my future business and an accolade. I KNOW there have been severe horror stories in the past, but the few people I have talked with have only been there a short time. It IS possible that the business has gotten in the right people to turn it around. This does seem to have been a human error mistake. Labels got mismatched to boxes and the two suits were crossed.

JWM, I don't know what you mean by "better" stuff out there. Each Vanson suit I have seen appears to have premium leather that is thicker than most other companies I have come across. I know that Vanson has some of their stuff made out of the country, but the custom suits are all done in Fall River, MA using top quality leather. The armor is hand made to each suit as well. Maybe there is something out there that is better, but likely at a MUCH higher price. (I just can't afford one of those new air bag suits!) LOL!

Last edited by Krazy Again; 07-20-12 at 12:37 AM. Reason: spelling

Ok, here is what is going on right now. I am truly impressed with their service. Very much in contrast to what has been said in the past about Vanson...

They are shipping me a loaner suit that will be here tomorrow. I am in no way liable for any damage done to said suit if anything happens...
    They have contacted the person that was sent my suit. He has yet to receive it but has agreed to immediately turn it around. If it is possible, they have suggested having it sent directly to the track next day shipping by AIR for me to get it on Saturday. But only if it is feasible it will get there...
    I am sending out the other guys suit tomorrow, and they are immediately reimbursing me the money on my card.

That being it in a nutshell I think they are going out of their way to make this right. If it plays out well enough, they may earn my future business and an accolade. I KNOW there have been severe horror stories in the past, but the few people I have talked with have only been there a short time. It IS possible that the business has gotten in the right people to turn it around. This does seem to have been a human error mistake. Labels got mismatched to boxes and the two suits were crossed.

JWM, I don't know what you mean by "better" stuff out there. Each Vanson suit I have seen appears to have premium leather that is thicker than most other companies I have come across. I know that Vanson has some of their stuff made out of the country, but the custom suits are all done in Fall River, MA using top quality leather. The armor is hand made to each suit as well. Maybe there is something out there that is better, but likely at a MUCH higher price. (I just can't afford one of those new air bag suits!) LOL!
    Other suits aren't better, they are just better for the individuals preference. When I get a suit I will most likely be going heroic because their suits are much lighter, much easier to move around in, and look worlds better. Sure they might not hold up for as many crashes, but I will have more mobility on the bike, and if I am going to spend that much on a custom suit I'd rather look good.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Other suits aren't better, they are just better for the individuals preference. When I get a suit I will most likely be going heroic because their suits are much lighter, much easier to move around in, and look worlds better. Sure they might not hold up for as many crashes, but I will have more mobility on the bike, and if I am going to spend that much on a custom suit I'd rather look good.
    did you look at some of the crashed suits Todd had up there last weekend? they look like they'll take a pretty good beating.

Krazy, Im in no way doggin on your choice. But for 2100 you can have a custom suit from any brand. And as you say the leather is thicker...to me, thats a huge drawback. I want mine as thin as possible. Custom armor? Are we crashing at 200mph? As smutty pointed out, look is important too.

Now, Im also very sure you will be pleased with your suit. This is whats important.

Sorry to piss in your cheerios, I was just following along with the bash on Vanson.

One quick question....ever see an AMA, WSBK or MotoGP rider with a Vanson? Not in the last 15 years, I havnt

I also want to say it pleases me to see them taking care of you. We should remember that they did!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwm2k3 View Post
    One quick question....ever see an AMA, WSBK or MotoGP rider with a Vanson? Not in the last 15 years, I havnt
    Vanson won't pay a rider to wear their suits, other brands will.

Krazy, Im in no way doggin on your choice. But for 2100 you can have a custom suit from any brand. And as you say the leather is thicker...to me, thats a huge drawback. I want mine as thin as possible. Custom armor? Are we crashing at 200mph? As smutty pointed out, look is important too.
    Compare and contrast.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Vanson won't pay a rider to wear their suits, other brands will.
    this is just inaccurate.

Vanson has offered support programs aligned with many other companies as recent as a few years ago.

Although there are companies endorsing folks to wear their suits, it rarely happens at the AMA level.
    Todd's good people, he has suits all over AMA and I believe some WSBK laps. I'll let him speak for himself, but he's not paying those folks.

I think at the pro level (AMA and up), professional image matters. So does on time delivery & service of parts/gear manufacturers. Nobody's wearing vanson for the same reason they aren't duct-taping numbers on their bikes and using race bodywork from the 80's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast