Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Idiocy, thy name is Vanson right now...

Re: Idiocy, thy name is Vanson right now...

I've been very happy with the Vanson products in the past. They saved my ass on the Deal's Gap mishap. I too like the thicker, high quality, leather.

I think they look good. However, I'm more concerned with how the leathers fit while I'm on the bike.

I also enjoy supporting a local-ish company. I wish they wouldn't source any of their work outside the US, but that's business...

Brent

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    this is just inaccurate.

Vanson has offered support programs aligned with many other companies as recent as a few years ago.
    I didn't say they wouldn't work sponsorship, I said they wouldn't PAY others to wear their suits. A discount is different from here's a free suit and some cash to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy Again View Post
    Ok, here is what is going on right now. I am truly impressed with their service. Very much in contrast to what has been said in the past about Vanson...

They are shipping me a loaner suit that will be here tomorrow. I am in no way liable for any damage done to said suit if anything happens...
    They have contacted the person that was sent my suit. He has yet to receive it but has agreed to immediately turn it around. If it is possible, they have suggested having it sent directly to the track next day shipping by AIR for me to get it on Saturday. But only if it is feasible it will get there...
    I am sending out the other guys suit tomorrow, and they are immediately reimbursing me the money on my card.

That being it in a nutshell I think they are going out of their way to make this right. If it plays out well enough, they may earn my future business and an accolade. I KNOW there have been severe horror stories in the past, but the few people I have talked with have only been there a short time. It IS possible that the business has gotten in the right people to turn it around. This does seem to have been a human error mistake. Labels got mismatched to boxes and the two suits were crossed.

JWM, I don't know what you mean by "better" stuff out there. Each Vanson suit I have seen appears to have premium leather that is thicker than most other companies I have come across. I know that Vanson has some of their stuff made out of the country, but the custom suits are all done in Fall River, MA using top quality leather. The armor is hand made to each suit as well. Maybe there is something out there that is better, but likely at a MUCH higher price. (I just can't afford one of those new air bag suits!) LOL!
    Definitely sounds like they're making a significant effort to make it right.

As for suits in general, "looks good" is obviously subjective, but "better" also means different things to different people - appearance, mobility, crash protection, durability, materials, etc.

I probably would have waited to see how it panned out before bashing a brand (sort of) but that's just me. The thread title in searches is going to look like another serious complaint when they're actually trying to make it right by you.

Glad to see they're trying to take care of things though.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    I didn't say they wouldn't work sponsorship, I said they wouldn't PAY others to wear their suits. A discount is different from here's a free suit and some cash to go with it.
    I understand you know way more about racing, I'm just pointing out... many suits are showing up at those ranks who are not endorsing the riders.

I understand you know way more about racing,
    So not what I was trying to say. I believe we're now required to either hug it out or have a dance off, but I'm not 100% on the etiquette here.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanNicholson View Post
    I probably would have waited to see how it panned out before bashing a brand (sort of) but that's just me. The thread title in searches is going to look like another serious complaint when they're actually trying to make it right by you.

Glad to see they're trying to take care of things though.
    This thread title could be the only reason they ARE trying...

OP - did you mention "forums" whether it was reading or writing reviews of theirs? Not that they can't see the site themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    So not what I was trying to say. I believe we're now required to either hug it out or have a dance off, but I'm not 100% on the etiquette here.
    we could settle it in the flat track event at next weeks party.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    did you look at some of the crashed suits Todd had up there last weekend? they look like they'll take a pretty good beating.
    I am going by what Todd himself says. I wore one of those suits at one of the TTD's following the classic. That is why I am going to be getting one when I have a bucketload of $$$.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    I am going by what Todd himself says. I wore one of those suits at one of the TTD's following the classic. That is why I am going to be getting one when I have a bucketload of $$$.
    Are you saying that heroic suits are worth more than marchesinis?

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Are you saying that heroic suits are worth more than marchesinis?

If only todd would create a Set of Wheel leathers so i could protect my marchesinis! That would be worth more

Black/Green 09 600RR (street)
    03 600rr (Track)

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Anyone here ever had to do an emergency figure "8"?
    Quote Originally Posted by KawiSmurf View Post
    Yah, I was being chased by bee. He was too quick to lose on the first u-turn, but I ditched him on the second one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12