Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

I'm not riding to work anymore

the temptation to split lanes at the stoplights is way to much. Today I nicked some lady's mirror (no damage to either mirror) and she must have read my plate, 'cause I just got a call from the state police who fortunately just ripped me a new asshole and decided not to come after me for fleeing the scene of an accident. I played dumb and polite, and I have a clean liscence, which I'm sure helped, but I REALLY don't need that kind of hassle. I love to ride, but I'm worried that I don't have the self-control to keep myself out of trouble. With my car (which I also drive hard) I have had a clean liscence for like 5 years. On the gixxer (which I've owned for like 7 months now) I have 2 tickets that seem to have slipped thru the cracks and one pending in NY, and now this crap. I'm sticking to the backroads and twisties from now on, I guess. Maybe I'll sell the sportbike and get a sport tourer or something that's a little less tempting to break the law on.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Balls," I said. "Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers."

- Hunter S Thompson

2 x 82 GS 650, '94 RM 80

RSVMILLE661

Matt just save it for the track. Learn how to do it the right way.

yeah, when I lived in they city I split all the time too, I guess nobody really cared there... suburbanites can be pretty bitchy. Anyway, lowell is a no-go, I can't stand the traffic heading north after work.

"Balls," I said. "Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers."

- Hunter S Thompson

2 x 82 GS 650, '94 RM 80

you guys must be nuts... I took a night class at UMASS lowell last year after work, and the drive up was so bad I dropped the class after 2 days. I hate lowell. Maybe next time dude

- Hunter S Thompson

2 x 82 GS 650, '94 RM 80

actually, tonight is no good anyway, it's frisbee night with some crazy asians in lexington. Gotta put on a good showing, it's the first time I'll play so far this year. Have fun fighting traffic in lowell

- Hunter S Thompson

2 x 82 GS 650, '94 RM 80

Originally posted by Matt K
    yeah, when I lived in they city I split all the time too, I guess nobody really cared there... suburbanites can be pretty bitchy. Anyway, lowell is a no-go, I can't stand the traffic heading north after work.
    This is true, people bitch at me from there cages in suburbia when I split. I just ignore them most of the time and enjoy the fact that I am in front of them.

"You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrists office"

NOT laughing with you {~; bemused's Avatar

had somebody in a SUV determined not to let me back in when I was sliding down the non-lane on their right side this morning... as in speeding up to close the gap I was going for (hell, I even signalled for it). as in... woulda been a crunch if I'd gone for it. I guess he showed me... twist of the throttle, scooted up in front of the car in front of him, and slid back into traffic w/out a hitch.

gotta wonder what "point" he thought he had to make...

WWSD? (what would Sneakers do?)
    "for every credibility gap, there is a gullibility fill"
    jeff f
    '97 RF900R

you know, I don't even really care when people give me a hard time like that, it allows me to vent a little frustration. What sucked was that she must have chased me to the next light, read the plate, and turned me tin to the damn cops... what the hell am I supposed to do then?

- Hunter S Thompson

2 x 82 GS 650, '94 RM 80

I Dance With Will

has anyone ever gotten pull over for doing lane split?

"fuckit!"

yeah, basically that's how it works... yesterday I was scared, today I'm pissed. Stupid lady. Oh well, live and learn.

- Hunter S Thompson

2 x 82 GS 650, '94 RM 80

I wouldn't sweat it. There was no damge to either vehicle. They are not going to issue you a citation as there was no accident and they weren't there to witness it. Therefore, no problem. I lane split when I can to avoid waiting in traffic @ traffic lights. I'll be the first one to admit it. Yes some cagers do get pissy @ you, but that's cause they are jealous that you are in front of them. I just ignore those people. I especially laugh when they honk the horn and wave them as I pass them.

There are places that I wouldn't lane split like Hampton Beach as I know the PIGS are looking out for that kind of thing. I've seen Hampton Cops lane split all the time up there. I wish it was legal around here as it is legal in Cali, isn't it?

'03 GSXR 750 Yellow/ Black
    '99 GSXR 750 Black/ Red (SOLD)
    '97 GSXR 750 Blue/ White (RIP)
    '93 CBR 600F2 Blue/ White (STOLEN)

fast paced city bike riding is nuts ..

fuck that cages r 2 hevy they win every time i split here & have had cagers try 2 kill me i still loose it some times but try 2 count 2 10 it works
    im so mutch nicer fuck yesterday after church caugh caugh these ass holes where @ the resteraunt in stead of loosing it i just went out side got some air. came back 2 eat my wife was so proud

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

it's true

I had someone follow me beeping their hown and flashing their brights at me after I rolled around them at a red light, some people just have too much anger bottled up inside, they should consider buying motorcycles.

I've never been pulled over for splitting in MA but I saw a friend get ticketed for it in NYC.

See you on the road scag!

ya crazzy git ya none for me

Originally posted by zombie
    And I friggin love it......yeee-haw

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.