Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

can you imagine....

....................... PinHead's Avatar

can you imagine....

Originally posted by patricia929
    hy husband bought his supermoto from cliff's cycles in norflok,ma. small shop, but the guy really knows his stuff. no prices on line but it wouldn't hurt to give them a call.
    http://www.cliffscycles.com/contact.html
    Thats up the street from my house

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

Littering and........

can you imagine....

There was a guy here in VT that got arrested for riding a tard. And it was consentual!

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

can you imagine....

Alrighty then......................

Comparing the specs from http://www.ktmusa.com/frameset.asp to the specs from http://www.cycles128.com/new_vehicle...15R0&veh=13662 one can deduce that they are almost the same bike with the exception that http://www.cycles128.com/new_vehicle...15R0&veh=13662 does not come with the dirt wheels.

Taking the MSRP of http://www.cycles128.com/new_vehicle...15R0&veh=13662 at $7,898.00 one might expect to pay approx $400-500 more for the wheel part of things. That being said I would expect the MSRP for the KTM 525 SMC USA to be in the range of $8300-8400 if not a little more due to the "limited availablility" of this bike in the US.

I have made a call to Cycles to determine the actual MSRP of the 525 SMC and am expecting a call back. When I receive the call I will post up so all can know the MSRP of the bike we dream of one day owning.

Joel

can you imagine....

If you buy the 525 smc in the usa, it comes with the wheels. if cycles 128 is telling you they don't, they are keeping and reselling the wheels

The 525 SX is the same bike as the SMC except with the SMC you get the motard goodies.

Yamaha

can you imagine....

Originally posted by R7
    If you buy the 525 smc in the usa, it comes with the wheels. if cycles 128 is telling you they don't, they are keeping and reselling the wheels

The 525 SX is the same bike as the SMC except with the SMC you get the motard goodies.
    Yeah, I understand that the SMC comes with the wheels. I just figured that KTM will probably add a couple of bucks on for the set of wheels between the 525 SMR and the 525 SMC USA. Cycles' website doesn't have the MSRP on the 525 SMC USA so I was comparing the pricing on the 525 SMR for conversation sake.

Do you know the difference between the 525 SX and the 525 SMR? I'll check the websites but figured you might know off the top of your head.

EDIT: OK, I just compared the 525 SX and the 525 SMR. As R7 said the 525 SX and the 525 SMC USA are the same bike. The 525 SMR is the same with the exception of the fact that it has a 6 speed transmission instead of the 4 speed that the 525 SX and 525 SMC USA have. Also, the seat height and suspension travel are slightly different and the size of the brake rotors is larger. Of course the brake rotors would be larger due to the fact that the 525 SMR is set up for street and the 525 SX is set up for dirt. That being said, the MSRP of the 525 SX is $6,798 taking into account the possibility that KTM might add a couple of hundred dollars to compensate for the wheels being added to the 525 SX I would expect the 525 SMC USA to go for approx. $7200 - 7400. Knowing now that the 525 SMR has the 6 speed transmission I think I would probably get the 525 SMR and spend the money on the dirt wheels myself just so that when riding on the street I would have the added flexibilty of the additional two gears.

Check this link for direct comparo......
    http://www.cycles128.com/new_vehicle...h2=13652&go=Go

Also, looking at KTM's spec pages on the 525 SMR vs. the 525 SMC USA it looks like there are significant steering geometry differences as well.

Joel

Last edited by tls25rs; 03-03-05 at 06:25 PM.

can you imagine....

Originally posted by tls25rs
    Do you know the difference between the 525 SX and the 525 SMR? I'll check the websites but figured you might know off the top of your head.

Joel
    The difference in the SX and SMR is the motard wheels, larger front brake rotor, caliper, and a moto front fender. I saw one in the crate and the motard wheels come on the bike and the dirt wheels, stock brake rotor, stock calliper bracket and stock front fender were all packed in the crate.
    I beleive the smc/smr has a lighting coil also, the sx may have one as well though and that could have been a change from the 03 to the 04 model year
    I just called Razees to ask Pete about it but it's his day off. I'll find out tomorrow if there are any 04s left, i'm even thinking about one myself now

Yamaha

can you imagine....

i think you should go get one.
    then you would have even more motard wheels laying around and you could just give me a set.

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

can you imagine....

Would you look at that, I must have been adding my edit to my earlier post when you responded.

No kidding about the thinking about getting one myslef comment. Though I would love to buy one of these to play with, I see it becoming a much more expensive toy than I want to get into right now.

The main thing driving me in this post is to show that it really isn't that hard to find out information on these bikes if you look around a little, right Nathan plus, I love these things so much I just wish I had more disposable income right now.

Thanks for bantering back and forth R7 pretty cool to see someone else is as interested as I am about this stuff.

L8R

Joel

can you imagine....

......Joel........ I think the Motards have a weight limit ...... J/K!!......... I am management material because I was able to slack off and get you to do the work!!

Mark, find out how much. I was going under the impression they were 6g's for your post before.

......... and Brent........... .............

I want a motard

can you imagine....

Originally posted by tls25rs
    Thanks for bantering back and forth R7 pretty cool to see someone else is as interested as I am about this stuff.

L8R

Joel
    Hey, no problem
    I spent countless hours about a year ago trying to decide on what bike i wanted for a motard streetbike. I ended up with a WR450 but looking back i wish i went with the KTM. The only advantage to the WR was it had a battery and a lighting coil that would work for street use, at the time the KTM (was looking at the 03 525 leftover then) didn't have the lighting coil and it was another $600 to install the OE KTM lighting coil.
    The nice thing about the 525 Supermoto is you can get all OE street equipment (lights, signals, horn, switches,etc,etc) for it for a nice clean factory look. And if you want to go the extra mile, you can install electric start on it

Yamaha

can you imagine....

Originally posted by lopycam
    [BMark, find out how much. I was going under the impression they were 6g's for your post before.

......... and Brent........... .............

I want a motard [/B]
    I'll find out tomorrie and yes, it was $6k for the bike and the extra wheels and they were 2004 left overs.
    I'll see if i can get a better deal if we get 2 of them

Yamaha

can you imagine....

You buncha KopyKats!!! Just wait til Ashley goes wheelying bye ya going into the twinsties on yer perty matching orange factory motards!!!!

above statements do not apply to Mark, cause uh... i still need motard wheels

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

can you imagine....

......Joel........ I think the Motards have a weight limit ...... J/K!!.........
    Listen here fucker, you had to bring the weight thing into this didn't ya.................well, I may be fat but your ugly.........................and I can lose weight

Alright, so maybe I can't lose weight ................ but anyhow, I think it may have had more to do with my somewhat repressed interest in purchasing one of these for fun then finding the info for you. However, it was so easy to jab at you for it.........Can't wait for Deal's, maybe I'll win the lottery before then and buy one of these for the trip.

L8R

Joel

can you imagine....

Maybe we can talk a dealer into letting us test ride a couple these right before we go to deals gap............. .................... We will bring them back when we are done

I can't wait for the Gap either...........

Nathan

can you imagine....

Originally posted by R7
    I'll find out tomorrie and yes, it was $6k for the bike and the extra wheels and they were 2004 left overs.
    I'll see if i can get a better deal if we get 2 of them
    I have someone else that would buy one also. Maybe we can buy 3 and get a better deal!!!!!

can you imagine....

Maybe we can buy 3 and get a better deal!!!
    Wanna buy a Mercury Topaz?

Support the Troops! (Except for Mondo, that guy's a dick)
    -----------------------------------------------------

can you imagine....

what if i sold ashley towards a 4th one?!

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

can you imagine....

Originally posted by ChrisNoF4i
    Wanna buy a Mercury Topaz?

is it still driving??? For that matter did AAA ever find it?

I would have though for sure it iwas going to get covered by dirt for a jump at a 50 track!

Nathan

can you imagine....

Originally posted by oreo_n2
    what if i sold ashley towards a 4th one?!

I will give you 500 bucks for it. It needs a pipe and has a blown motor.

can you imagine....

no.

you suck!

i want beer.

now!!!

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

can you imagine....

Originally posted by oreo_n2
    no.

you suck!

i want beer.

now!!!

I don't think that is part of your diet ............

can you imagine....

like THATS ever stopped me!!!

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

can you imagine....

The deal on the 525 is history, they sold out very fast i guess
    I'm waiting to hear back from him on the 450 supermoto.
    Is anyone interested in a 450? He said it has a little less power than the 525 but has a more abrupt hit, which makes for a fun ride

Yamaha

can you imagine....

Originally posted by R7
    The deal on the 525 is history, they sold out very fast i guess
    I'm waiting to hear back from him on the 450 supermoto.
    Is anyone interested in a 450? He said it has a little less power than the 525 but has a more abrupt hit, which makes for a fun ride
    450's could work!! FIND OUT!!! They should be cheaper too....right?

can you imagine....

He can get 4 450's , 1 is spoken for and another is a definate maybe...
    That meens 2 left and you'd need to act fast. He has to order them in and will need a $500 deposit before he does.
    $5,800 + $130 shipping costs and it's yours. They are 2004 left overs. I paid that last year for my WR 450 and didn't get anything motard related with it
    He did say with the 450's you will get all the dirt gear with it but it will get shipped to you direct from the factory at a later date. It's a smokin deal

Yamaha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast