Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

indian moped

indian moped

does any one know what the value of these thing are? from googling them i know that they were a crappy attempt at throwing the indian name on taiwanes mopes and go karts

but does any one know if they are a collector like item now that they are like 30 years old and most likely a rare machine?

just asking because im working with a guy that has a late 70's model he was telling me about and since i never heard of them before it got my curiosity going

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    ~ Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it.~

indian moped

wow i guess they suck that bad huh?

~ Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it.~

ProVehiclePhotos.com

indian moped

I would love to check that out for sure! Drop me a line if you / the guy are interested in selling it.

Tom
    ProVehiclePhotos.com
    Manchester, NH

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

indian moped

American Moped Associates 1977 - 1982

Around 1977 American Moped Associates purchased the Indian trademark from bankruptcy court for $10,000. They then proceeded to have 50cc 4 stroke mopeds built in China. Much to the dismay of loyal Indian fans, these bikes were marketed as the "Indian Four ".

Paul writes "American Moped Associates had planned a 2-speed transmission for the 1981 redesigned INDIAN mopeds,but it never came to be. American sold out to Carmen Deleone and his DMCA (Derbi) group in 1982. I dont understand why American sold out in the first place...as they were always touting being completely sold-out of machines all the time. They made it sound like INDIAN mopeds were kicking it all over Puch, Motobecane...etc. When in fact,they must have been a hard sell. The tumultuous 1970s saw INDIAN affixed on Italian mini bikes, Taiwanese dirt bikes and then Taiwanese mopeds....the long time "hardcore" 50s INDIAN fan must have been totally dismayed at all the activity. Deleone only bought American Moped out for the use of the INDIAN name, as the mopeds were sold down and not produced. Plans for a new INDIAN moped and full size INDIAN (for 84) failed miserably. Only a few Manco go carts were sold with INDIAN "4-stroke" stickers affixed. Then the name was sold off to an "interest" who wanted to bring in Portugese NATO 4x4 trucks....with the project "INDIAN" name. Thank goodness that failed to surface... "

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Re: indian moped

Hi all. My name is Ken, and I got here from a Google Serch for an Indian Moped.
    So I see this is an old tread, but I have one of these bikes, and I am in the process of fixing it up.
    Coming off the battery, there is some sorta resister, or fuse? On it, lit says Chwen Long with the numbers 6v 8wx2+7-5w.
    Is this a part that I can find around town?

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Tour)

Likely an inline fuse. Pull it and bring it to any small-town type hardware or automotive store they can help you out

i used to have one of these when i had my drivers permit...used to ride down the old railroad tracks on it...wish i never sold it

bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

Thank you, I was thinking the same thing. So far it runs great, but need to fix the key switch, and turn signals.