Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Is this possible???

I Dance With Will

Is this possible???

how come airplanes can go over 200mph? it's a type of vehicle.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "fuckit!"

Is this possible???

Originally posted by hohum
    Even if he proves it was miscalculated (and just try gettin a judge to go easy on ya when ya come in with a speeding charge of 140 over), at the most the speeding will be reduced. I would highly doubt they would reduce it to below a reckless charge.

Anyone else find it vaguely odd the kid didn't have an M endorsement, had full leathers/gear, and was going that fast without an M endorsement?

Fishy as hell.
    There is nothing else on that ticket that says he was going over 100mph. Because of that all he has to do is prove that the bike can not do 205 and the officer made a mistake.

A buddy of mine got a ticket for doing 85/mph in a box truck on rt 2. The truck was governed at 70 mph and he brought the paper work from the mechanic and the judge had to through it out. I know its a far cry from 205 but its the same principle. all you have to do is prove the cop was wrong.

Is this possible???

Originally posted by Buddhaman
    There is nothing else on that ticket that says he was going over 100mph. Because of that all he has to do is prove that the bike can not do 205 and the officer made a mistake.

A buddy of mine got a ticket for doing 85/mph in a box truck on rt 2. The truck was governed at 70 mph and he brought the paper work from the mechanic and the judge had to through it out. I know its a far cry from 205 but its the same principle. all you have to do is prove the cop was wrong.
    In this case proving the cop was wrong isn't likely to impress the judge so much... He'd have to be wrong by like a whole second and half to 3 seconds on the stopwatch for this kid to have not been going ridiculous speed. Ain't the same as a 15 mph diference

When I tried to argue that my old car was goverened at 137 and therefore couldn't have been going 150 (even though the governor was removed), all I got was angry looks and the judge telling me to sit down and shut up

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Lifer

Is this possible???

Moral of the story is:

Don't get Caught!

Everybody to the limit!

Is this possible???

The question is, was it an African or a European motorcycle?

Is this possible???

What I want to know is why he didn't have a M.

And secondly, if he was going so "fooking fast" why the hell did he stop for the cop? It said right in the report that the first cop didn't persue, partly because the guy was driving so fast the cop would have been crazy to follow.

Though I find it hard to believe he was going 205, that's probably faster then the patrol plane. But even if he could get the speeding reduced to say 150, there's still he endorsement and reckless that he'll have to deal with.

Is this possible???

I don't know whay anybody here thinks that 205 in a bike is impossible

Stock 99 busa's are capable 194, since then, they have governed them at 186, its easy enuf to bypass the governor.

add a bottle of nitrous or a turbo kit and there are several bikes that can easily do 205 and its not like you need 14 miles of salt flats to get thatspeed, any straight stretch 3/4 mile long or so will do

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Is this possible???

Originally posted by benVFR
    Moral of the story is:

Don't get Caught!
    expert advice, as always, from dr. boule.

Everybody to the limit!

Is this possible???

Originally posted by RandyO
    and its not like you need 14 miles of salt flats to get thatspeed, any straight stretch 3/4 mile long or so will do
    ...maybe another few feet if you've given thought to *decelerating* in a timely manner

Is this possible???

Originally posted by Honclfibr
    ...maybe another few feet if you've given thought to *decelerating* in a timely manner
    I dunno, I went to the dragstip once, made 3 runs, one of those runs I was beside a busa till he left me in the dust, I had a 12.54 @109.6 , the busa was 9.98 @ almost160 don't remember exactly, he had no problem just rolling off the throttle and engine braking to the turn around.

I don't see a problem beginning a speed run at say a 75mph pace at the beginning of a straight, pinning the throttle, accelerating to 200± mph then rolling off the throttle and minimal braking to get back to a 75mph pace, maybe the peeps with busa's that I have met have been bullshitting me and I should be posting this in a different thread

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Is this possible???

Originally posted by Honclfibr
    The question is, was it an African or a European motorcycle?
    Good question!
    Was it carring a coconut?

Chris J.
    "You're going the wrong way!!!"
    "How does he know where we're going?"
    03 Aprilia Tuono, 06 Yamaha R6, 16 Yamaha XSR900, 13 VW Touareg

Is this possible???

Originally posted by RandyO
    , accelerating to 200± mph then rolling off the throttle and minimal braking to get back to a 75mph pace, maybe the peeps with busa's that I have met have been bullshitting me and I should be posting this in a different thread

Engine braking on a busa does not exist. I have ridden one and when I let off the throttle it just kept going.... I didn't say it couldn't happen, I just know that 160 is sick

Ain't gonna really be 205 MPH

Here's the talk from guys who's bike "supposedly could do 205 MPH."

I used the Kustom unit to get the readings on the chart.
    Sucker goes to 256 MPH!

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forum/viewt...r=asc&start=20
    -Suf Daddy

Suf Daddy.

I have his DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO DATE OF offense of the ticket at the smokinggun.com FREEBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clearly without seeing the timing area. I'm going on a limb here.

Timing marks painted on the side of the road.

(A) 1/4 mile Press Start

(B) 1/4 mile Press Stop First Reading (Cheaters reset)
    .............reset
    (C) 1/4 mile Press Start

(D) 1/4 mile Press Stop Second Reading (Cheaters reset)
    .............reset
    (E) 1/4 mile Press Start

(F) 1/4 mile Press Stop Third Reading

6 timing marks (provided he hits you on the first set of timing marks) for a total distance of 1 1/2 miles.

Here's the problem. I suspect the policeman is using his "thumb" skills to his advantage by tripple pressing the Start/Stop/Reset button at the (Cheaters reset) point (B) then again at point (D) and so on.

I can do it with the marks at 1500 feet in NH with very little error.
    (there is an error though)

I suspect with the shorter timing marks (1280 vs 1500) or 440 yds vs 500 and the (Cheaters' reset) upped this kids speeds.

Either way check out the times here:
    http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13589
    OR
    http://www.quattro123.com/205MPHTick...Techniques.htm
    -Suf Daddy

Last edited by Suf Daddy; 09-23-04 at 12:07 AM.
    Suf Daddy.

Is this possible???

I thought the question was if it was even possible for a modern day sportbike that'll do over 200. My answer's still YES. Never mind 'de-restricting' it. A simple sprocket change could get this new crop of speed kings over the 200 MPH mark. And given today's R&D in the windtunnels, I highly doubt you need miles & miles of totally straight highway to do it...

I've been radared at 151 MPH on my old RF900R, less than a mile from the tolls in Hooksett, NH...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Is this possible???

OK, if the question is "Is this possible", it is vaguely possible the officer was correct, if his bike was modified. I think its more likely he was somewhere around the 180 mark, given the circumstances. No matter what, (date or no date on the ticket), the kid is fucked. You can bet that officer will testify, and theres only a boatload of news coverage to verify the date/circumstances.

As far as really doing this yourself and the question of 'is it really possible', the FASTEST run on normal street bike (actually a partial streamliner due to the odd bubble front fairing) is in the vicinity of 245 MPH, at the Bonneville Flats (considered the ideal environment for high speed runs)(see here ). So yeah, you probably could get a Hyabusa, modify it, and do a nose over 200 on some deserted stretch of straight highway. I STILL don't think there are that many people who HAVE done it, and I STILL don't think the kid in the article was really at 205.

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Is this possible???

A GPS will hold top speed.

Some modern sport bikes are capable of 194mph, unmodified ('99 busa, 01 gix 1k~192mph de-restricted).

Slap a turbo on 'em for the extra 8mph.

Some riders have posted GPS readings of 215. Moto GP bikes are doing 220+ on cricuits designed to slow them down.

Biggest problem I've heard about 215+ is flatting of the rear tire.

Don't worry, you're not him.

As for the error:
    Pretending to be the judge: "I see your math and agree to the 5% error. Let's see, 10% of 205 is 20.5, so half would be 10.25. You are now guilty of 215.25mph."

You didn't think they would apply the percentage to their Disadvantage did you?

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Is this possible???

We now find out the kid was on an RC51. I can now say beyond a shadow of doubt that the speed was not 205mph. Probably more likely around 170mph. Still "fookin fast".

LRRS#167

Is this possible???

Originally posted by lrrs167
    We now find out the kid was on an RC51. I can now say beyond a shadow of doubt that the speed was not 205mph. Probably more likely around 170mph. Still "fookin fast".
    I agree.

I think the V-twins tend to gernade at those RPM's.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Is this possible???

Originally posted by lrrs167
    Okay, not THAT bike...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12