Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

View Poll Results: Oreo, this one's for you!

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bemused

    2 14.29%
  • Hippies are crunchy, even in milk

    12 85.71%
Results 1 to 20 of 20

If this isn't crazy, I don't know what is. Read, watch, discuss

  1. #1
    Changes come butcher bergs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    the humbling river
    Posts
    12,518

    If this isn't crazy, I don't know what is. Read, watch, discuss


    After seeing this story and the videos from both in-car cameras, it makes me wonder what kind of place we live in where it's okay for cops hit motorcyclists that run from them for a red light infraction that never happened.

    Then the "coverup", so to speak, of delaying the release of the vids, etc.

    How do you think this situation should be handled?

    IMO, first cop should be at a desk for a while and the second cop should get canned for good.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #2
    MidMassGsxr
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    gardner
    Age
    43
    Posts
    349

    If this isn't crazy, I don't know what is. Read, watch, discuss

    The should both be fired the first cop hd no reason to pull him over, unless he saw the plate on the previous charge? but he did not run a red light at all.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Just Registered Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jericho, VT
    Posts
    19,618

    If this isn't crazy, I don't know what is. Read, watch, discuss

    I didn't need to see much. The guy on the bike should have just pulled over. Why run? Oh wait he had a Hstory of running... Hmmm must be the cop was at fault for running his plate.

    I don't condone the cop hitting the biker. It's just if the bike wouldn't have ran NO ONE would have gotten hurt. Doesn't matter how.




    I see a couple reasons to light the biker up, Following that car to closely, no license plate light...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

  4. #4
    Changes come butcher bergs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    the humbling river
    Posts
    12,518

    If this isn't crazy, I don't know what is. Read, watch, discuss

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I don't condone the cop hitting the biker. It's just if the bike wouldn't have ran NO ONE would have gotten hurt.
    See, the way I see it is if the first cop didn't light up for no apparent reason then everyone woulda been home for dinner that night.

    Yes, the biker was wrong to run but is that worse than being a public official who's making up a lie about a red light infraction when video clearly shows otherwise?

    And what of the second cop that hits the biker? Again, the biker should not have run, but was it up to the second cop to risk life and limb and basically run head-on into a speeding motorcycle with a passenger, no less?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #5
    MidMassGsxr
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    gardner
    Age
    43
    Posts
    349

    If this isn't crazy, I don't know what is. Read, watch, discuss

    the plat was probably blurred out or too dark to see. Ofcourse the guy shouldnt have run. I just want to know the real reason they were trying to pull him overe

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Somewhere between Has Been and Never Was
    Age
    49
    Posts
    4,025

    If this isn't crazy, I don't know what is. Read, watch, discuss

    Attemtped Murder For the cop,

    Nothing less,

    charge the guy on the bike for running.

    Running with a girl on the back?

    The guy on the bike should get his ass beat as well

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by BLACK SQUIRREL; 12-08-07 at 12:33 AM.
    Zip Tie Alley Racing #444


    Signature edit by Tricky mike

  7. #7
    Super Moderator OreoGaborio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    MA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    37,173

    If this isn't crazy, I don't know what is. Read, watch, discuss

    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose441 View Post
    Attemtped Murder For the cop,

    Nothing less,

    charge the guy on the bike for running.

    Running with a girl on the back?

    The guy on the bike should get his ass beat as well
    +1

    That's fucked up.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Pete LRRS/CCS #82 - ECK Racing, TonysTrackDays, Ironstone Ventures
    GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Phoenix Graphics | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media

    The Garage: '03 Tuono | '06 SV650

  8. #8
    Rider. Just a rider... DucDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Southern NH
    Age
    69
    Posts
    8,806

    If this isn't crazy, I don't know what is. Read, watch, discuss

    Bergs...you find more reason to come down on cops. I'm not sure why that is!!!

    Based only on what I saw the whole thing makes no sense. It is completely illogical:

    • Cop lights up bike for no reason. (I certainly didn't see him run a red light.)

    • Rider RUNS when he gets lit up for no reason. (If I get lit up for no reason I would stop just out of curiousity) OK... I would stop anyway!

    • The cop who hit them said "I hit him" in a muted, fuck me, tone. Not in a "HA, I HIT THE LITTLE BASTARD. THAT SERVES HIM RIGHT" tone.


    So, based in what I SAW I can only draw a couple of conclusions...

    The whole thing is fucked up and probably a horrible accident
    There is probably a lot more to the story than I can see here

    And now for the kicker...

    IMO, first cop should be at a desk for a while and the second cop should get canned for good.
    Based on what I saw ...I agree completely with you!!!!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.
    Muhammad Ali.

  9. #9
    Just Registered Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jericho, VT
    Posts
    19,618

    If this isn't crazy, I don't know what is. Read, watch, discuss

    Quote Originally Posted by bergs View Post
    See, the way I see it is if the first cop didn't light up for no apparent reason then everyone woulda been home for dinner that night.

    Yes, the biker was wrong to run but is that worse than being a public official who's making up a lie about a red light infraction when video clearly shows otherwise?

    And what of the second cop that hits the biker? Again, the biker should not have run, but was it up to the second cop to risk life and limb and basically run head-on into a speeding motorcycle with a passenger, no less?
    No apparent reason? We didn't see the beginning of the tape, from what I DID see they Could have lit him up for a burned out tailight AND following too close (he was right on that Mustangs ass as he pulled away from the stop light). All he had to do was PULL THE FUCK OVER AND TAKE IT LIKE A MAN!

    Yes this does smell of cover up and the cops should be punished for that and the way they handled the situation (at least the second cop hitting the bike, that was just wrong)

    Yes some cops are on powertrips... I have even had some pull me over on a powertrip. When they see that I am not a disrespectful little twerp they usually let me go with a warning. I have seen many of my friends get tickets because of my friends attitudes.

    Be nice, be respectful, be polite and you can usually talk the cop down off his powertrip. If not you can always talk to the judge.

    No reason to run. Period! Especially with a passenger! The motorcyclist was wrong for runnning. That is what started it.

    The cops were wrong for hitting him and trying to cover it up.

    2 wrongs don't make a right.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

  10. #10
    Just Registered The Crashing Tomato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Around the corner
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,087

    If this isn't crazy, I don't know what is. Read, watch, discuss

    1. Bergs How ya been?

    1a. Was that a mohawk on the guys helmet?

    2. Hey fucktard! turn your blinker OFF!!!!! oh ya forgot, ....there's never a good reason to run. EFFing squids

    3. Althought the first cop vid didn't show good reason, Ive been pulled for less ..... "you looked suspisious" is what the cop said when I asked why I was pulled, WTF!

    4. Roscoe P Coltrain was prolly doing a buck 20 to catch this guy??? what is the department policy? Sounds like he disobeyed that order from the way the article reads. had he followed policy??? who knows. suspension appropriate .... yup

    5. Enis definately fucked this one UP. He deliberately drove into the lane of the bike and then turned again to hit the bike. WTF!!! Enis knew there was a passenger, who was he protecting as the bike approached the intersection? He needs to be reminded that bumper cars only happens at the county fair and the amusement park. suspension not nearly enough. this guy should be reduced to a file jockey and have his regular license suspended for at least one year. Possibly be the one in charge of showing the video to rooks about proper persuit proceedures and be made to sit in every showing of the video.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by hammadown .....
    The rule is:
    If even Zip Tie Alley says, "no you shouldn't use a zip tie on that" you REALLLLLLY shouldn't use a zip tie on that! lol

  11. #11
    Just Registered Wishbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester
    Age
    38
    Posts
    3,738

    If this isn't crazy, I don't know what is. Read, watch, discuss

    Did any one notice it was a GIXXXXXA?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    ~ Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it.~

  12. #12
    Fuckin' right doggy!!
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    124

    If this isn't crazy, I don't know what is. Read, watch, discuss

    ok guys 2 things...if no one knows by now I am a cop, but never had a bike chase. 1. The man running from the cop, no matter what the reason (whether he had an infraction or not, it does not matter) he should have stopped. 2. being a rider, on the other hand, I don't condone the 2nd cop ramming the bike, but we don't know what that dept. procedures are for chases!!! Either way I don't condone ramming a bike as it serves no purpose but to hurt the biker. On the other hand he shouldn't have ran and the first cop has every right to persue!!!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    If you ain't first you're last!!

  13. #13
    Just Registered The Crashing Tomato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Around the corner
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,087

    If this isn't crazy, I don't know what is. Read, watch, discuss

    Ok Ricky Bobby,

    Are you on MV?

    Johnny

    Ya know if the biker goes any further he's gonna do something squidly ..... he's on a GXXahh

    so why not let him create his own demise?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by hammadown .....
    The rule is:
    If even Zip Tie Alley says, "no you shouldn't use a zip tie on that" you REALLLLLLY shouldn't use a zip tie on that! lol

  14. #14
    Fuckin' right doggy!!
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    124

    If this isn't crazy, I don't know what is. Read, watch, discuss

    Quote Originally Posted by TESTINGurTOMATO View Post
    Ok Ricky Bobby,

    Are you on MV?

    Johnny
    "I want to go fast" ...yes I am right now, so that's prob the reason why I, personally, haven't been on a chase because no matter where you run you're gonna hit the ocean ahaha SUCKAS. But, don't let the "glamorous" island fool you, people run from us thinking they will get away (SQUIDS). Like I said before the 2nd cop did not need to ram the bike...9/10 the bike is gonna wreck on a chase like that and unlike a car, a bike is less likely to cause serious injury to any pedestrian or automobile driver, so the safety factor of passerby's isn't too big of an issue.

    My theory is that if they run, they can't outrun the radio (no need to ram)!!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    If you ain't first you're last!!

  15. #15
    Lifer Pittenger5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Austin
    Age
    39
    Posts
    15,226

    If this isn't crazy, I don't know what is. Read, watch, discuss

    The way Isee it, was the cop wrong for lighting him up? Probably, its stereotyping, but I doubt one person on this board has never had it happen to them, comes with the territory. Usually you pull over, they talk to you, check you out and you're on your way. Was the biker wrong to run? Of course, thats just dumb, the cop doesnt deserve anything, maybe from the publicity desk duty for a while, the biker deserves to be charged with evading or failure to yield or whatever.
    As for the second cop, he deserves to have the book thrown at him. He seemed to be hauling ass through the town responding to a chase from a NON-VIOLENT offense. Id be more lenient in the event of violence, its a speeding motorcycle. He also took a right and ended up IN THE BIKERS LANE. The bike had to swerve to his left by the looks of it to try and avoid the cop. There is no excuse for that. Maybe if he had pulled up a while before and was trying to set up a roadblock, MAYBE that would be ok, but thats just attempted murder in my book. No need for it.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip Tie Alley #505

    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

  16. #16
    Rider. Just a rider... DucDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Southern NH
    Age
    69
    Posts
    8,806

    If this isn't crazy, I don't know what is. Read, watch, discuss

    ...and my point...which everyone has missed...is we know practically NOTHING about what really happened...

    ...easy to jump to all kinds of conclusions based on two nearly unwatchable videos and a few paragraphs from the Newspaper....

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.
    Muhammad Ali.

  17. #17
    Lifer Pittenger5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Austin
    Age
    39
    Posts
    15,226

    If this isn't crazy, I don't know what is. Read, watch, discuss

    What couldve possibly happened that would necessitate the use of that level of force? If it was a homicide or something along those lines, wouldnt the police use that information to try to deflect some blame? The suspect was wanted in a murder? Even if it wasnt him, the suspect matched a description of a murder suspect, and when we stopped to question him, he ran.
    They said he ran a red light. Their silence says a lot to me.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip Tie Alley #505

    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

  18. #18
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ma
    Posts
    10,827

    If this isn't crazy, I don't know what is. Read, watch, discuss

    I think it's pretty obvious the attempted stop was for running a red light, you know, because that was the claim the officer made, so speculating anything else is pointless. If we want to live in the land of makebelieve we can 'what if' any situation into any shoes involved.

    Pit, I disagree that the initial cop shouldn't face any dicipline. How about filing a false report?

    cop1 "I attempted to stop him for running a red light"
    cop2 "but he didn't run a red light."
    cop1 "well....uh...but..."

    We all know who is at fault here. Everyone, and they're all punished. What's left to talk about?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

  19. #19
    Just Registered The Crashing Tomato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Around the corner
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,087

    If this isn't crazy, I don't know what is. Read, watch, discuss

    nothing really just good banter for a Sat morn while at work

    remember I lived there for 4 years and still have friends and family that are yearrounders
    Wortown if you see my brother tell him he's a FAG

    what town are you policing? or are you State?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by hammadown .....
    The rule is:
    If even Zip Tie Alley says, "no you shouldn't use a zip tie on that" you REALLLLLLY shouldn't use a zip tie on that! lol

  20. #20
    Fuckin' right doggy!!
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    124

    If this isn't crazy, I don't know what is. Read, watch, discuss

    Quote Originally Posted by TESTINGurTOMATO View Post
    nothing really just good banter for a Sat morn while at work

    remember I lived there for 4 years and still have friends and family that are yearrounders
    Wortown if you see my brother tell him he's a FAG

    what town are you policing? or are you State?
    I am local, FOR NOW!!

    And I am one of the low men on the list so I have the mid-8am shift so we don't see many bikes out that late. I do pick up plenty of OT on the 8-4 and 4-12 shift so I deal with motorcycles quite often and 99% of them are respectful and I just cut them loose with a verbal.

    TOMATO who's your brother?? Maybe i've had a run-in or 2 or 8 with him haha

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    If you ain't first you're last!!

Similar Threads

  1. And you think I am crazy!!!!!!
    By capt1014 in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-12-07, 06:38 PM
  2. If bikes aren't crazy enough for you...
    By benVFR in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-18-06, 09:57 AM
  3. discuss
    By Nikon in forum Controversial Topics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-19-06, 02:56 PM
  4. That Crazy Bastard
    By LowSider in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-10-06, 04:13 PM
  5. Crazy cat video
    By need4speed in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-02-04, 02:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •