Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ISO New Gloves, need help...

Lifer

Re: ISO New Gloves, need help...

The nicest pair of street gloves I've ever owned is a pair of Heroic shorties. I love those gloves and have worn the living shit out of them. Worst part is they are maybe 1/2 size too big. I bought these at NHMS on a whim one day. One of the nicest gear buys I've ever made.

Most spendy track / race gloves I've ever bought were a pair of A-stars GP plus with the pinky and ring fingers sewn together. I am underwhelmed. They should be nicer for the $ I think. Honestly not that much nicer than the cheapie Tourmaster gauntlets. I've had several pair of their gloves over the years and I think they are underrated. Roo skin, although with plastic slider and cuff reinforcements. I have raced (and crashed) in those gloves for years with great success.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I would like to get a pair of kangaroo gloves, my favorite pair that I have, is goat, made in Pakistan, unbranded, gauntlet gloves, perfect length fingers

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Quote Originally Posted by golden chicken View Post
    Rev'it Jerez or bust!
    I think I have a pair of these sitting in a closet as a back up pair to my Phantoms. I got them years ago for cheap when Rev it would have factory warehouse sales. They feel much more supple than the Helds, but for some reason the armor on the cuff has always seemed awkward to me, especially if I put it over my jacket/leathers.

Held Phantoms. Held Akiras as back ups. Crashed in both but you couldn't tell by looking at them. So Held.
    Held.
    Held.
    Held.
    Held.
    Held.

Jake
    2006 ZX-10R
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Maybe my fingers are oddly sized but I've had a pair of Phantoms for a number of years and they are my favorite gloves to wear whenever I go for a ride.

Also love Racer gloves. Can't go wrong with them and the warranty/product support is insanely good. I have the two top end ones, high racer and high speed. Both have held up to multiple crashes, I've restitched the fingers on my high racers, and have literally crashed the same glove at least 7x in road race and supermoto. I still wear them for supermoto and wear my high speeds for road race. They also fit amazing and have incredible feel with the kangaroo palms.

https://youtu.be/wT_ZDhvYoCM

YouTube: The Motorcycle Room 2015 R1 - 2009 KX250f

Hypertarded

Quote Originally Posted by strawdragon View Post
    So I am looking for a new set of gloves by I am picky as my hands are.. LOL

..... They feel clunky and my fingers are maybe 1/2 to 3/4 an inch shorter from the tips..

Can anyone provide a suggestion based on that?

How are Held gloves?
    Quote Originally Posted by sdog30 View Post
    Everybody seems to love the Held Phantom. The ones I tried didn't fit my hands well.
    The fingers didn't fit right for me on the Phantom.
    Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    I understand the comments about the Held cool aid and them not fitting well etc. What I found was that where the older Held gloves were hand made it would lead to different pairs of even the same size glove fitting differently.
    Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    Maybe my fingers are oddly sized but I've had a pair of Phantoms for a number of years and they are my favorite gloves to wear whenever I go for a ride.
    I notice a common theme here when discussing Held related to the fit & specifically in the fingers, and perhaps you all realize this already, but I haven't heard anyone mention it yet.

In many (but not all) styles & only in certain sizes, Held offers 3 different length finger sizes, which should really help customize the fit. However this may also contributing to the "Ill fit" many mention if you didn't realize you were trying a (9)Lrg-Regular VS (K9)Lrg-Short VS (L9)Lrg-Long.

https://rideheld.com/pages/size-chart

Quote Originally Posted by nick5446 View Post
    If you can afford kangaroo, or at least kangaroo palms, you'll never go back. They also seem to last forever.
    And they use the Hippity Hopp
    KANGAROO HIDE LEATHER

Many of the existing 48 species of kangaroo are protected. However the unchecked reproduction of the largest breed(called “marcropus giganteus”), has become a big problem and culling is therefore allowed under the supervision of the Australian government. Our kangaroo leather is with a special coloration absolutely color-fast and with it‘s special tanning extremely resistant against humidity and sweat.

Normal leather becomes hard and crumbly and shrinks when getting wet or via sweat. Kangaroos only sweat through their tail and tongue, so there are no pores in their hide which is good for the structure of fiber. While the structure of cow leather gets loose, the structure of kangaroo leather stays fixed. Additionally, the fiber structure of kangaroo leather is more intense geared than the structure of cow leather.
    Just my $0.02, I have 2 pair of Held I like, but I also have other brands that also work....

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
    I notice a common theme here when discussing Held related to the fit & specifically in the fingers, and perhaps you all realize this already, but I haven't heard anyone mention it yet.

In many (but not all) styles & only in certain sizes, Held offers 3 different length finger sizes, which should really help customize the fit. However this may also contributing to the "Ill fit" many mention if you didn't realize you were trying a (9)Lrg-Regular VS (K9)Lrg-Short VS (L9)Lrg-Long.

https://rideheld.com/pages/size-chart

And they use the Hippity Hopp
    KANGAROO HIDE LEATHER

Just my $0.02, I have 2 pair of Held I like, but I also have other brands that also work....
    Good to know.

Miles had a pair at the track that I tried on, but don't remember what sub-size they were. I also don't remember Miles mentioning that there were 3 different fitments for each size.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

Gloves might be the fit-sensitive gear for which it makes the most sense to buy over the internet. I've yet to walk into any shop that stocks a variety of high-end race gloves, and those that stock race gloves at all rarely seem to have all the fits in stock.

-Jared
    ZX-4RR, Hyperstrada 821, ZX-6R (FS!), 701 E/SM (FS!)

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
    I notice a common theme here when discussing Held related to the fit & specifically in the fingers....
    For the record, my comment was tongue-in-cheek. I have normal fingers and both pairs of my Helds fit just fine.

Good to know.

Miles had a pair at the track that I tried on, but don't remember what sub-size they were. I also don't remember Miles mentioning that there were 3 different fitments for each size.
    I think it's only on a few models.

Last edited by Uncle Snake; 03-21-21 at 02:20 PM.
    Jake
    2006 ZX-10R
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Seacoast did not have Phantoms to try on.
    However the other held were okay, but still long in the fingers and did not have the other sizes like short.

So I am still just riding around in my motorcross gloves
    The last few days have been so nice!

I'm gonna hijack this if it's okay.

I need new gloves. I had to toss my short cuff gloves after wearing through the palm. I have full gauntlet Handroids and I don't mind wearing them to get on the highway and for longer rides. But getting into them with the tight wrist opening is like trying to stuff a sausage casing.

I keep going back and forth between some high protection short cuff gloves and another pair of full gauntlet. If I do the short cuff I'm narrowing it down to the Five SF-1 or the Dianese 4 stroke 2.

My question is, do you guys have any recommendations for a full gauntlet that's quick on and off? Something you would wear to run errands in? I don't mind having to do a wrist closure but having to dance and shimmy around just to get gloves on gets old for commuting and errands and such.

There is a cycle gear near me and as you'd expect, they do not carry anything of real value.

I am interested in the Racer gloves, does anyone know of a NH reseller?

I picked up some dianese carbon 3 short gloves today. I wasn't real impressed with them for the price but given that they're worlds better than a pair of sedici or other "house brand" from CG I gave them a shot. I have a feeling ill end up getting a different pair of one of the better names (racer, held, heroic) but for now they're fine. Better than yanking on full gauntlets each time I stop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12