Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Got a new "used" jacket on ebay

Got a new "used" jacket on ebay

Ya so I just sold my A* TZ1 jacket because I didn't like it very much and had been looking for a black A* stunt jacket my size that has been discontinued for a year or so and finally came across one on ebay 2 weeks ago. Here is the link of what I purchased eBay Motors: Alpinestars Leather Jacket - Stunt Jacket Black (item 330241312855 end time Jun-09-08 11:05:31 PDT)

So after I win it I get an email like 2 days later saying that the seller would be out of town for a few days and would send it when he returned home. Well it took a week before he returned and I told him since I paid $40 for shipping he better 3 day that bitch to me. He sent it 3 day ups and covered the extra money it cost to ship.

I finally recieve the jacket and as soon as I pull it out of the box something catches my eye and pisses me off. The jacket was sold as being perfect, no marks or scuffs, and guess what, there is damage to the jacket. Kinda a bad picture but here is the damage on the right sleeve.

So anyways I email the dude saying that I was unhappy that he sold the jacket as described as perfect with no marks and that there was damage to the right sleeve and that I would hold off on leaving him feeback until he told me what he would do for me. I get a response telling me to pound sand and take it up with ups because the jacket was perfect when he sent it. Too bad the box was mint when I got it and UPS did not damage the jacket. Somebody hit the ground with this jacket on.

How should I proceed?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Got a new "used" jacket on ebay

either give him negative feedback and call it a day, or see what e-bay offers. I read an article about e-bay stepping up buyer/seller protection for either non-paying buyers or items that were not received. Maybe they have something for items received not as described?

I'd also respond to him saying that the fact is that you received the jacket not as described and you would like to figure something out with him before taking action through e-bay. Tell him the box was mint and that it's still on his hands if it got damaged on the way to you.

Current:
    00 Aprilia RSV-R

Past:
    06 R6
    05 R6
    97 Honda F3

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

If you can live with it, and it looks like minor damage and I'm guessing you got a good deal, you can just leave neg feedback and move on and be happy you got a good deal.

IMHO, ebay sucks with claims and complaints so either leave neg and move on or try to return it with him covering shipping.

Bras cause cancer.

The new policy won't let him leave you neg feedback so don't be afraid to leave some for him.

Did you use Pay Pal?
    Try looking at eBay's guidelines and/or Pay Pal's.
    I fucking hate liars.

That guy has 100% feedback. Give him one more chance to deal with it or you'll ruin his 100% rating.

I bought it via paypal and my cc. I'm going to keep the jacket, I'm just upset its not perfect as stated. I will just leave neg feedback since I lost a week of riding waiting for the damn thing to arrive. I don't want to sit around waiting for another jacket. Unless I could complain get my money back and get to keep the jacket.

since you waited so long and the product description wasnt accurate, if you plan to keep the jacket you should be sure to leave a negative feedback so future buyers will be able to rethink his product description

"Chatbox...It's like Vegas, for your fingers."

Originally Posted by CBR_Knight
    in my own thread, let me post this:
    first of all, nothing about sex or play with a female seems interesting or arousing to me....

"BALLS" is coming home late after a night out with the guys smelling of perfume and beer, lipstick on your collar, slapping your wife on the ass and having the balls to say "you're next!"

Warn him once more about leaving negative feedback if he doesn't agree to resolve this issue. If he still gives you the F U, then be as nasty as possible.

That's too bad. I do a ton of purchases through ebay, and have only had 2 bad experiences, out of many good ones. Of course, one of those was a pair of yamaha gloves with "only one little scuff on them."
    yeah, the gloves were scuffed and scratched and ripped to hell. wasn't pretty.
    on a similar not, i have a brand new, never worn SHIFT XL hyrbid Dyer jacket that I got off ebay. Turns out I need an XXL. Anyone interested?