Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jay Leno has the H2 on this video. How fuckin cool is the street version. You decide

Jay Leno has the H2 on this video. How fuckin cool is the street version. You decide

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

xxaarraa

Re: Jay Leno has the H2 on this video. How fuckin cool is the street version. You dec

Why does that PR guy who is wearing nut huggers keep referring to it as a "supersport" ? I thought supersports were the 750-1000 class and the H2 would be a superbike? And the nose of the H2R is carbon fiber re-inforced plastic (as opposed to real carbon fiber)?!?!?! And why only the nose as opposed to the whole bodywork?!

Not sure if they write him a script, but Leno seems pretty knowledgeable. That PR guy strikes me as a douche. Keeps repeating the same line over and over - "maximum acceleration feel and premium look"

Last edited by xxaarraa; 11-04-14 at 02:19 PM.

Re: Jay Leno has the H2 on this video. How fuckin cool is the street version. You dec

Leno has/had the biggest motorcycle collection in the world.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
    And the nose of the H2R is carbon fiber re-inforced plastic (as opposed to real carbon fiber)?!?!?!
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but what we commonly refer to as "carbon fiber" is carbon fiber reinforced plastic. Same with fiberglass.

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

And the nose of the H2R is carbon fiber re-inforced plastic (as opposed to real carbon fiber)?!?!?! And why only the nose as opposed to the whole bodywork?!
    All carbon fiber is carbon fiber reinforced plastic. Carbon fiber is a flexible fiber and would be useless as a body panel without the plastic resin.

xxaarraa

Quote Originally Posted by stoinkythepig View Post
    All carbon fiber is carbon fiber reinforced plastic. Carbon fiber is a flexible fiber and would be useless as a body panel without the plastic resin.
    Wow, I didn't know that. You are saying that the carbon fiber tub in Lambos and McLarens is also cfrp or just the motorcycle body panel world?

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Wow, I didn't know that. You are saying that the carbon fiber tub in Lambos and McLarens is also cfrp or just the motorcycle body panel world?
    It's the same stuff in both. There are different types of resin, and some are more expensive, lighter and stronger than others, but it's all plastic. Some boat makers use a combination of CF and fiberglass or kevlar and fiberglass in boats. Pagani makes a really slick CF/titanium composite for their cars. That's gotta be ridiculously expensive to make, but it's kind of cool because the formed sheet of titanium can be the mold for the part.

Plain carbon fiber is a cloth that you can buy in rolls, like this (or much wider obviously):

It's similar to fiberglass.

You then add this:

After some other work and processing, you get Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic (or commonly referred Carbon Fiber) parts like this:

Interesting. I had no idea. I thought carbon fiber was a type of plastic not an addition to it.

The lines or "grain" that is so desirable when making a cosmetic carbon fiber part, is from the weave in the cloth itself. You can get the weave in different patterns too, and some companies that make carbon fiber aerospace parts actually lay a weave specific to that mold or part. This makes it structurally stronger based on which way the weave is going. Similar to the strength you get from the grain of wood.

The front of the bike looks well styled after an aventador.

Quote Originally Posted by ZX11D View Post
    Wow, that's impressive. Great video too, friggon Leno. Lol. Now who's gonna be the first NESR guy to buy one and then NEVER be able to utilize it's potential on the street?? C'mon, buy it! You know you need it!

[SIGPIhttp://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic8737_4.gifC][/SIGPIC]

Is Jay Leno Canadian?

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

I don't really see the draw of a street version of the H2 when it ONLY has 200hp.

Yeah, never thought I'd say something like that. Man bikes are getting nuts......

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    I don't really see the draw of a street version of the H2 when it ONLY has 200hp.
    It wouldn't be a new concept for Kawasaki to make additional horsepower available with only a few simple mods.

"...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

The H2 street is gonna be a real popular bike to mod I would think. Don`t know much about turbo chargers but my guess is more boost more hp. Should be very interesting to follow.

It is supercharged, not turbocharged.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    Is Jay Leno Canadian?
    New Rochelle, NY

-
    Quote Originally Posted by TLRMan View Post
    Oh, I forgot to add, I charge double for Kawasaki's

"My God, you're gonna have to cool me down, give me an ice block to shove in my pants or something".
    -Barbecue Lou

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Is Jay Leno Canadian?
    Guessing there is a joke in this comment somewhere but from Wikipedia......

Leno was born in New Rochelle, New York, in 1950.[5] His homemaker mother, Catherine (née Muir; 1911–1993), was born in Greenock, Scotland, and came to the United States at age 11. Leno's father, Angelo (1910–1994), who worked as an insurance salesman, was born in New York, to immigrants from Flumeri, Italy.[6] Leno grew up in Ballardvale, a suburb of Andover, Massachusetts,

Equal opportnity offender Lxpony's Avatar

Canadian tuxedo. It is all he wears........ I think he grew up in Andover.

Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    Guessing there is a joke in this comment somewhere but from Wikipedia......

Leno was born in New Rochelle, New York, in 1950.[5] His homemaker mother, Catherine (née Muir; 1911–1993), was born in Greenock, Scotland, and came to the United States at age 11. Leno's father, Angelo (1910–1994), who worked as an insurance salesman, was born in New York, to immigrants from Flumeri, Italy.[6] Leno grew up in Ballardvale, a suburb of Andover, Massachusetts,
    I wanna see a birth certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    It is supercharged, not turbocharged.
    Not to sound too dumb but what exactly is the difference. Don`t they both increase hp in the same general way though boosting intake pressure ? I really don`t know the difference. ;-(

xxaarraa

Quote Originally Posted by ZX11D View Post
    Not to sound too dumb but what exactly is the difference. Don`t they both increase hp in the same general way though boosting intake pressure ? I really don`t know the difference. ;-(
    A super is powered by the crank and is making boost all the time. Turbo is powered by exhaust gasses and only makes boost at a certain power band (i.e., when enough volume of waste gasses are available).

Supers are parasitic, turbos are not. Hence supers are common in bigger engines, turbos common even in little engines. Although there are a few exceptions - rotax makes a bunch of 1-1.5 liter supercharged marine engines. VW has been experimenting with supercharged AND turbocharged little engines for a few years now. This H2 seems to have figured it out too, or so we will see.

Supers offer a smoother throttle response and the engine still sounds good (better suited to motorcycles on paper), with an added 'supercharger whine' Turbos are known for 'turbo lag' when outside the boost band and the motors usually sound like shit. The new M cars pipe in a recorded track through the stereo because they don't want you to hear the real noise the turbo motor makes.

Modern turbos are getting better though.

Last edited by xxaarraa; 11-06-14 at 08:11 AM.

Is Jay Leno Canadian?
    Quote Originally Posted by greenmonster View Post
    New Rochelle, NY
    He was born in New Rochelle, but grew up in Andover MA.

DanG
    People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive.
    - Blaise Pascal

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lxpony View Post
    Canadian tuxedo. It is all he wears........ I think he grew up in Andover.
    I get it now with the Canadian Tuxedo reference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast