Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Jay Leno has the H2 on this video. How fuckin cool is the street version. You decide

Re: Jay Leno has the H2 on this video. How fuckin cool is the street version. You dec

THat was a strange and low energy reveal. REALLY??? The seat holds you in? OMG!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Re: Jay Leno has the H2 on this video. How fuckin cool is the street version. You dec

Quote Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
    Supers offer a smoother throttle response and the engine still sounds good (better suited to motorcycles on paper), with an added 'supercharger whine' Turbos are known for 'turbo lag' when outside the boost band and the motors usually sound like shit. The new M cars pipe in a recorded track through the stereo because they don't want you to hear the real noise the turbo motor makes.

Modern turbos are getting better though.
    Keep in mind superchargers may offer a linear power band and the extra power immediately on throttle, but that's at the expense of gas mileage. When you're cramming 5-11psi of boost into an engine at all RPM's, you need more fuel all throughout the power band.

Contrast that with a turbocharger which does not offer instant response (due to the need to spool the turbine), but does offer more exponentially more PSI per RPM than a supercharger once in the powerband (which is done through compressor maps, i.e. matching engine size with the size of the turbo ), and gas mileage that equates to a naturally aspirated low compression engine when not in boost.

And FWIW, I think a big turbo spooling up sounds way more bad ass than a supercharger on your average street car. There's nothing quite like the buildup of tension as you hear that turbo slowly start screaming louder and louder until *powerband* GONE! That's just personal opinion.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

Can we at least all agree the H2 is loaded with ultra premium parts and comes standard with ultra premium feel?

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    Can we at least all agree the H2 is loaded with ultra premium parts and comes standard with ultra premium feel?
    And a backstop!

Paul_E_D

xxaarraa

Yes. Do we need to wear nut huggers to ride the H2?

And I guess if you are Jay Leno, you can wear whatever the heck you want. But matching denim shirt and jeans? Really?!

Last edited by xxaarraa; 11-06-14 at 09:31 AM.

So I guess the H2 Kawi supercharged should have gobs of power throughout the power range where a "turbo" only after its "spooled up. I can`t wait to see one delivered someplace.

Also keep in mind that turbo is not exactly ideal when it can build boost without additional throttle input given a fixed RPM. Not exactly good for a bike when ridden through corners when throttle application is part of the cornering process.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    Also keep in mind that turbo is not exactly ideal when it can build boost without additional throttle input given a fixed RPM. Not exactly good for a bike when ridden through corners when throttle application is part of the cornering process.
    Bullshit. Turbo 'Busa.

Bullshit. Turbo 'Busa.
    He said cornering process....

Quote Originally Posted by MHenry600 View Post
    He said cornering process....
    Yes, yes. 'Busa turns very well on one wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by ZX-12R View Post
    It wouldn't be a new concept for Kawasaki to make additional horsepower available with only a few simple mods.
    Looks like the mods are going to have to come from aftermarket -
    Ck out parts paragraph=

NinjaH2RJay Leno has the H2 on this video. How fuckin cool is the street version. You decide-hr2photo4-jpg

Last edited by Kawi Ken; 11-06-14 at 07:05 PM.

Posting Freak

Must say, the R sounds the business! !

120db! Might not even be able to run it at a lot of tracks.

Paul_E_D

....................... PinHead's Avatar

This has got to be the best looking Kawi in years.

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

Quote Originally Posted by Kawi Ken View Post
    Jay Leno has the H2 on this video. How fuckin cool is the street version. You decide-hr2photo4-jpg
    About time they made one I can flatfoot.

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

I have to admit, the more I look, the more I like. Waaay nicer design work than the R1. Wondering if it''l be a pig or what. The warning about tires is a bit extreme! Use B-stone VO1s with warmers or you may die. lol

Paul_E_D

The whole "lets see how many sharp edges and points we can stick on it" theme needs to stop with kawasaki. Personally I think the bike is hideous. The motor and 200hp theme are cool. I'm excited to see how this begins to up the bar, even though I don't ever see myself even entertaining the thought of owning a 200hp track weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    THat was a strange and low energy reveal. REALLY??? The seat holds you in? OMG!
    I also thought this...he was really all about the seat

FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    I have to admit, the more I look, the more I like. Waaay nicer design work than the R1. Wondering if it''l be a pig or what. The warning about tires is a bit extreme! Use B-stone VO1s with warmers or you may die. lol
    I can`t stop looking at it. Just gets better looking each time I see it.

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

The sound that thing makes would make it impossible for me to stop giggling.

CCS/LRRS #83

Quote Originally Posted by scottieducati View Post
    The sound that thing makes would make it impossible for me to stop giggling.
    Giggling in derision or delight?

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Showing up to a trackday with an H2R would be like this:

TOTAL VICTORY

(stolen from gifwars thread)

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Had to take the train to Worcester yesterday and I noticed Cycle World had the H2 on the cover. The article was pretty damn good. Really a ton of tech about the development of the supercharger and how it will work reliably in the platform. Definitely worth the read.

I saw that too. Kawi hit a home run this time around. Like in 83-85 other Mfg`s will be coming out with their own.
    heres another vid KAWASAKI NINJA H2R DEMONSTRATION RUN IN SUZUKA CIRCUIT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12