Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Joe Rocket quality

Lifer

Smile Joe Rocket quality

So my Joe Rocket pants were falling apart, getting to the point where they absolutely had to be replaced. (5 years old, probably 30k miles cause I don't wear them 100% of the time?)

After looking around not really wanting to get another pair from Joe Rocket I ended up giving in and getting Joe Rocket again just because they seem to be one of the only brands really interested in "overpants" that are good for commuting.

The new ones I got are "Alter Ego" and all I have to say is I am seriouly impressed at how far JR has come... these things are obviously built much much better then the older stuff. The zippers are huge now, all the stitching appears to minimum triple-stitch, etc.. The side zippers which I have had trouble with are larger + have quadruple stitching on each side of the zipper. Much more confidence inspiring that the zippers would not pop open in a crash.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Joe Rocket quality

that's good to hear, I wasn't happy with the JR gear I had and when mine fell apart, I replaced with FirstGear

I am much happier with First Gear, they make good reasonably prices overpants too

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Lifer

Joe Rocket quality

We will see how these are, they are not necessarily as warm as some of the other stuff but they're much more adaptable.

The waterproof lining is zip-in/zip-out on the inside.

But the cool thing is they have this giant patch which unzips to reveal a mesh layer underneath, it should make them much more flexible in different weather.

I have some mesh firstgear stuff and it is really nice too, but I want to say these are built tougher then my firstgear pants.

Joe Rocket quality

Originally posted by benVFR

I have some mesh firstgear stuff and it is really nice too, but I want to say these are built tougher then my firstgear pants.
    you can say that, I think first gear uses a lighter denier fabric, and they have soft armor instead of hard armor

first gear is more comfortable IMHO, but prolly doesn't protect quite as well

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Joe Rocket quality

I have had my Joe rocket leathers for 6 years now. 10 crashes and 1000's of track miles later they are still keeping me protected.

Scott Major
    Ferrari Fix it Club Racing
    ALMS, SCCA, LRRS, CCS, FUSA #'s 161, 62, 676, 661, 205, 12, 60, 89...

Karloff? Sidekick? FUCK YOU!! That cocksucker does not deserve to smell my shit!

Lifer

Joe Rocket quality

I thought I had read the earlier leathers were another brand remarked.

These new pants I got may be far better then the earlier ones but they are also 1-2 sizes smaller then the old pair even though they are marked the same size, so the new ones are going back to new enough.

Joe Rocket quality

Everything I've got is pretty much JR. One of the velcro straps on my textile jacket is already about to fall off, it's less than 2 years old. I still think it's good stuff for the $$. Got a new pair of leather pants, which seem excellent quality.

"It is important never to forget where u all came from — becoz black, white, brown or pakistani we all come from de same place — de punani."
    -Ali G

Triumph Daytona 675 SE

Lifer

Joe Rocket quality

Yah there is no question it is nowhere near as nice as my Dainese jacket/pants but the Dainese pants are like leathers, you can't wear much of anything under them, so I either get something like the Joe Rockets or I commute to work at 90mph on 128 in my jeans/slacks. Not smart.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Joe Rocket quality

hey slappy!! did you get those pipes on? post some pics

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Joe Rocket quality

I bought the Alter Ego jacket in 04 for my first year of riding,that plus the ballistic pants. I sold them in the spring of last year, jacket was falling apart + robot looking, pants were like wearing trashbags, didn't breathe at all.

Motoport makes a good 2-pc setup as well, cordura or kevlar...similar to Aerostitch but kevlar is very breathable. $$$$ though

Andrew
    03 Suzuki SV650

Joe Rocket quality

Originally posted by SVRACER01
    hey slappy!! did you get those pipes on? post some pics
    Got 'em...here you go. Ended up just having the dealer do it for me.

[IMG][/IMG]

"It is important never to forget where u all came from — becoz black, white, brown or pakistani we all come from de same place — de punani."
    -Ali G

Triumph Daytona 675 SE

Joe Rocket quality

[QUOTE]Originally posted by slaps76
    [B]Got 'em...here you go. Ended up just having the dealer do it for me.

looks awesome hows the sound? lose the snow shovel/fender

Lifer

Joe Rocket quality

Did you ride on that saddle I sold you yet? Do you like it?

Joe Rocket quality

I have ridden on the seat...no rides long enough to notice a difference in whether I'll be less sore on it, but it is comfortable. You're right, textile does slide around on it! Thanks again.

Next step is taking off that stupid fender, I've been lazy. Exhaust sounds nice though, definitely like it.

-Ali G

Triumph Daytona 675 SE