Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Joe Rocket RKT helmet

Joe Rocket RKT helmet

my boy just bought it for 400$
    very light and it seems to have nice air flow.
    what do you guys think? anyone have it?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...on-Helmet.aspx

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Joe Rocket RKT helmet

Id have to see it to have a good opinion. Not all carbon helmets are equal. Some flex way too much.

James

I raced a RKT101 carbon for a few rounds, based mostly on the fact that I had it and it passed tech. It sure looked nice! Visors exchange with many HJC-rocket models, so they're cheap for accessories. Venting is hard to say, I'm still hyperventilating and fogging my visor at the start! Looks like this new model has the HJC style chin vents, my JR didn't. Seemed fine at speed. Light weight was nice. I've never had a high end helmet so I can't compare. I switched to an HJC RPS10 because the carbon was a size too big.

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Wirelessly posted

My first crash was in the non carbon version of the helmet, it took a damn good hit and I didn't get a concussion in it so I'd say it's a well
    Built helmet

Corey

I have the RKT101 carbon, I really like it, I'm going to be moving up to an arai next year when this one is ready to be retired but it seems pretty sturdy, the airflow is pretty good when im leaned forward like I would be on a sport bike and its really light.

Quote Originally Posted by fineout View Post
    I have the RKT101 carbon, I really like it, I'm going to be moving up to an arai next year when this one is ready to be retired but it seems pretty sturdy, the airflow is pretty good when im leaned forward like I would be on a sport bike and its really light.
    That's exactly what I was hoping for. My only issue there is that it's kinda an old model and it will expire soon for racing.. I think they are manufactured in 2011?

I've got the regular RKT201 Crashed in it pretty hard T1 (my face broke my fall) and was fine. Went out and bought another one after. The airflow is pretty good through it, the only complaint I have is that the visor fogs up pretty easy in the rain or on cold mornings, so I have been thinking of upgrading to a better HJC visor for it. They are also on sale at Motorcyclegear.com for 70 bucks so you cant beat the price, and both of mine are 8/09 build dates so you would get a full year out of it

They are, for all intents and purposes, HJC helmets... I like my carbon 101, but its ready to be retired...

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
    They are, for all intents and purposes, HJC helmets... I like my carbon 101, but its ready to be retired...
    Not sure what that means..

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Not sure what that means..
    I don't know what you mean - it's pretty clear...

- Joe Rocket helmets are known to have been made by HJC, based off an existing HJC design.
    - The cost and issues involved in JR producing their own helmets and going through getting them cert'd is probably more than they are willing to take on, hence they have someone else make them for them with their name on them. I've read this is the case with the RKT101's, don't know about the 201's or latest versions. (ref. webbikeworld)

- I have a RKT101 carbon, which I like, but is ready to be retired. It is supposedly based of the HJC AC-12