Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Joe's Sport Bikes Pelham NH?

Hello,
    Anyone here ever heard of Joe's Sport Bikes in Pelham NH?
    Trust worthy dealer? Saw a listing he had on craigslist....
    He has a bike I'm interested in.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2008 Honda CBR 600RR

Re: Joe's Sport Bikes Pelham NH?

I worked at a bike dealer and routinely bought bikes at JoesSportbikes. Ive done business with him (I forget his first name, Joe is the brother) on over 35 bikes.

1) His bikes are exactly as he describes, top notch.
    2) He is 100% firm on his prices....and does not budge. Even when I would buy a package of 3, 4, 6 bikes at once to re-sell at the dealership, I had to pay what he was asking.

Good person, true and honest, and he dosent stock crap pieces.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Does he have a storefront? What's his last name?

If you are going to look in pelham get ahold of mike farris.

Last edited by G21forme; 09-28-12 at 05:02 PM.

Joe Farris... Same guy I suppose...
    http://joessportbikes.com/
    here is his web site...
    good quality stock, prices close to nada or kbb price guides

2008 Honda CBR 600RR

Lol no that's his brother , mike is the other one both good guys. If you go to his house to look at bikes ask to see his 360

I got my 08 r1 from him. Pretty straight forward and honest. Just like everyone said he is firm on his bikes. He does not have a store front but he has a lot of bikes during the winter.

2008 Honda CBR 600RR

Sharp looking bike! Congrats!

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by akira700 View Post
    Hello,
    Anyone here ever heard of Joe's Sport Bikes in Pelham NH?
    Trust worthy dealer? Saw a listing he had on craigslist....
    He has a bike I'm interested in.
    Beware, he doesn't stand behind what he sells, and is misleading with his bikes.

Beware, JCH sits behind his computer, and is misleading with his quotes.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    Beware, JCH sits behind his computer, and is misleading with his quotes.
    lol man that guy wont quit.

glad you bought the bike! Joe is a good guy to do business with. a few of my friends' have bought bikes from him and never complained.

Quote Originally Posted by JCH View Post
    Beware, he doesn't stand behind what he sells, and is misleading with his bikes.
    I like to know what you mean by that?

1st I think he tells you he does not warranty his bike.

2nd He told me he buys and sell bikes to make a profit and try's to screen them the best he can.

Just bought a 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic LT from Joe. Found his site on CL. He was totally professional and straight up. He even delivered the bike to me for a small fee, which I thought was fair.

beige camry attack mojobreakfast's Avatar

I've sold a bike to him. Very easy guy to deal with and he seems very particular about the bikes he buys and sells. I'd feel confident buying one from him.

no bikes currently

I picked up my bike from Joe today. It was the second bike I bought from him and I did the layaway plan he offers. It is the PERFECT way to buy a bike. I don't have to store it or pay it all up front. He is always firm on the price like the other guy said but he prices them right, and his bikes are all super clean. Don't bother going anywhere else, if he has a bike you like you should buy from him.

Recently, I attempted to buy a bike on Craigslist. The seller was contacted by Joe several minutes prior to me and was holding it for Joe if he could get his financing by the end of the week. Joe was able to purchase the bike (2011 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom SE) and did so for $4200. He then immediately posted it on his site for $5499. I tried in vain to purchase it for a reduced price immediately after he bought it. Though we both knew he got it for $4200 an hour earlier, the price was set.

I understand this is business. This bike was top quality like all his other bikes appear to be and I cannot attest to whether or not buying/selling with him is a solid experience. However, if you are looking for a good deal, I would stick to Craigslist and individual sellers as I have no doubt this is how he handles all his bikes.

I have never seen a bike posted by him that was unreasonable. While he's not GIVING used bikes away and you're not going to run away with a steal, he has built a reputation for having quality equipment at solid pricing. Can't fault the guy for snatching up a bike he thought he could make a profit on. Better luck next time.

P.S. welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by delta_ View Post
    Recently, I attempted to buy a bike on Craigslist. The seller was contacted by Joe several minutes prior to me and was holding it for Joe if he could get his financing by the end of the week. Joe was able to purchase the bike (2011 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom SE) and did so for $4200. He then immediately posted it on his site for $5499. I tried in vain to purchase it for a reduced price immediately after he bought it. Though we both knew he got it for $4200 an hour earlier, the price was set.

I understand this is business. This bike was top quality like all his other bikes appear to be and I cannot attest to whether or not buying/selling with him is a solid experience. However, if you are looking for a good deal, I would stick to Craigslist and individual sellers as I have no doubt this is how he handles all his bikes.

So a business tried to make money?

Sounds like you are just butt-hurt that you didn't get the deal before he did. Let it go, it's just business.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
    I have never seen a bike posted by him that was unreasonable. While he's not GIVING used bikes away and you're not going to run away with a steal, he has built a reputation for having quality equipment at solid pricing. Can't fault the guy for snatching up a bike he thought he could make a profit on. Better luck next time.

P.S. welcome to the forum.
    Thank you JohnnyV! Excited to be here, I've enjoyed reading through many threads.

@TheIglu/JohnnyV: My original post was not a personal attack or an attempt to detract from his business- his bikes are very clean and he seems like a solid guy (from our brief conversation) who provides bikes at reasonable prices (with the conveniences a dealer can provide- layaway plan, clean title, RMV-1 form, etc). I just mentioned my experience for those who are doing research (as I was) and solely looking for a bargain due to budget constraints. I don't fault him at all, he beat me to it and is running a reputable business for the riding community.

Bargain and dealer should not be used in the same sentence.

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Current: 2016 S1000XR. Past: S1000R, Streefighter S, Monter S2R1000, RC51, CBR600

I just mentioned my experience for those who are doing research (as I was) and solely looking for a bargain due to budget constraints. I don't fault him at all, he beat me to it and is running a reputable business for the riding community.
    Thanks for the heads up man, I have been looking for a bargain and never would have thought that dealers might price their inventory above cost. I really appreciate your selfless vigilance. Did you make sure to also post on social media, google plus, yelp, BORN, and the local classifieds?

Just so everyone knows, all businesses sell things for more than they paid for them. Just a heads up. Don't want anyone getting screwed. I'm a good guy, really.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

I am chiming in on Joessportbikes - a great guy like everyone says. I just bought a Honda VFR1200, super clean w/low miles from him last night - straight shooter with very good deals on a bunch of used bikes in stock, surely no junkers. I highly recommend doing business with him.

Joe's Sport Bikes Pelham NH?-20160420_111203-jpg

Joe's Sport Bikes Pelham NH?-20160420_111213-jpg

Agree with all the positive reviews. Super easy to deal with. Has an incredible inventory and every bike looks beautiful. I bought a 2013 R6 that only had 650 miles on it, with a $1000 of add-ons included (by the original owner), for $4000 less than it would have retailed for. Bike is pristine. Battery was completely dead, but he just swapped out with another good one and I was on my way. Couldn't be happier.

There's always going to be people who think a business should be charity. There's also going to be trolls, and people who are more comfortable living a negative life than a positive one.

Joe is as ethical and honest as Jesus. He makes his living buying and selling bikes, and will never lie or misrepresent something. If you don't like the idea of someone charging more than they bought something for in order to put food on the table for his family. then quit your job and work for charity. You'll change your tune mighty quick.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast