Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any Shops do Dyno tune without the needing of a piggyback device like Powercommander?

Any Shops do Dyno tune without the needing of a piggyback device like Powercommander?

Looking to get a 2011 R1 tuned but seems like most tuning shops needs a PCV installed. There are interfaces that can flash in a custom made maps without PCV like Jett Tuning, Eculeashed, Flashed-Tune interface. Does anyone know of a shop that uses these interfaces for tuning?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Robb's Dyno can flash a stock ECU.

Majority of the people here will recommend not doing it, and just getting a PCV, Bazzazz, or Yamaha ECU kit.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Re: Any Shops do Dyno tune without the needing of a piggyback device like Powercomman

I called Rob before and he said he will need to take my ecu apart and try to read it.

Re: Any Shops do Dyno tune without the needing of a piggyback device like Powercomman

Why are you against Powercomander? They work great.

This place does it also, but Really not going to gain that much....Id take a PC and a good tune over it any day.

http://www.flash-tune.com

RJ Motorsports in Nashua, NH. Ask for Roger.

Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

I have a power commander II on a honda blackbird with a full two brothers exhaust... It was tuned but it just runs funny and I'd like someone with a dyno to put a sniffer in and see if the AFRs need work. If I put anything but a quality 93 octane in the bike runs very poor under 5000 rpms

Not looking to spend too much money, with my cars cost was normally 70 an hour for the dyno 150 an hour labor, not sure what bikes are, anyone know of a place willing to take this on? Seems like people know the places with dynos in this thread... not trying to hijack

I have nothing agenst Power commander, just saying if a tuning shop can just flash the map on I can save myself the $300 for the device and install. Also power commander only controls the primary injectors where the ecu flash can control primary and secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by blackxxbird View Post
    I have a power commander II on a honda blackbird with a full two brothers exhaust... It was tuned but it just runs funny and I'd like someone with a dyno to put a sniffer in and see if the AFRs need work. If I put anything but a quality 93 octane in the bike runs very poor under 5000 rpms

Not looking to spend too much money, with my cars cost was normally 70 an hour for the dyno 150 an hour labor, not sure what bikes are, anyone know of a place willing to take this on? Seems like people know the places with dynos in this thread... not trying to hijack

Take it to Lowell bike night and have Rob run it on the Dyno and see where the map/curve is at and see what he says......cheap way out

Last edited by Pigman; 05-10-12 at 12:44 PM.

Another Ducati snob #1 masshole's Avatar

Any idea what the cost is to dyno it at Lowell bike night?

I think it was 25-30$ a run.......gives u the print out with the HP/TQ Curve

Another Ducati snob #1 masshole's Avatar

I'd like to do it. Wish I couldve compared before and after the reflash and termi's.

Quote Originally Posted by #1 masshole View Post
    I'd like to do it. Wish I couldve compared before and after the reflash and termi's.

Yea.....def and if there is a HP shoot out that thing may kick some ass too.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pigman View Post
    Take it to Lowell bike night and have Rob run it on the Dyno and see where the map/curve is at and see what he says......cheap way out
    Guess I'll be there may 22, thanks... I'm curious what it's making anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxxer View Post
    I have nothing agenst Power commander, just saying if a tuning shop can just flash the map on I can save myself the $300 for the device and install. Also power commander only controls the primary injectors where the ecu flash can control primary and secondary.
    What you save avoiding the upfront cost of the PC / Bazzaz / Etc you can easily loose on labor, license keys and hardware costs attempting to reprogram a factory ECU. For example, a TuneEdit key for a Tuneboy setup can run $200, assuming you've already got the required interface box and cables. Add in the labor for the extra effort of having to manually tweak maps when a Dynojet dyno running WinPEP can auto-map live and the upfront cost of a PC or Bazzaz really isn't that bad. Also, you CAN control both sets of injectors with a PC, you just need the secondary harness/module if you have a bike that actually NEEDs that level of manipulation. If you haven't been into the motor, you likely don't need that level of remapping.

Guess I'll be there may 22, thanks... I'm curious what it's making anyways...
    Hi, June 5th will be the first night Roger from RPM motorsports will be there with his Dyno.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigman View Post
    It's not Rob, it's Roger from RPM Motorsports ( or RJ Motorsports )

Quote Originally Posted by Sheppo View Post
    It's not Rob, it's Roger from RPM Motorsports ( or RJ Motorsports )
    Who is a fucking scumbag, take your bike anywhere but to him.

Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post
    I think I'm gonna go with the $25 for the dyno on June 5th because I'm cheap unless someone can do it for around that price? Any reason to even avoid the dyno at bike night?

Just curious of reasoning on avoidance, if you felt like PMing or posting any, I'm new to everything so I'm clueless when it comes to the quality of shops and vendors.

Another related question for anyone in the know: I have had my bike hooked up to a yoshimura tuning box (which flashes the stock ECU, is my understanding) to fix a lean condition. If I install a PC, will that override the existing Yoshi-tune that's on the bike, or will it get all tweaked because it's getting two conflicting signals?

SVenpointsixtwo
    2016 Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin
    2015 KTM 350 XCF-W

The PC map is a delta correct against whatever the ECU is tossing out, so an all '0's map in the PC will leave you with the exact same tune you have right now. You'll want to get a custom map on the PC as all the downloadable ones are based against an un-flashed factory ECU.

Quote Originally Posted by SVenpointsixtwo View Post
    Another related question for anyone in the know: I have had my bike hooked up to a yoshimura tuning box (which flashes the stock ECU, is my understanding) to fix a lean condition. If I install a PC, will that override the existing Yoshi-tune that's on the bike, or will it get all tweaked because it's getting two conflicting signals?
    If you have the Yoshimura EMpro ECU kit, then that is your ECU. It's not paired with a stock ECU.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

If your bike runs great on 93 and not so great on other octanes, it was likely tuned to run with 93 to get every last drop out of it with pump gas. This is actually a good thing. Just run the 93 and be happy with it. Unless you want to pay to have a tune done for lower octane gas and lose power...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Baker View Post
    If your bike runs great on 93 and not so great on other octanes, it was likely tuned to run with 93 to get every last drop out of it with pump gas. This is actually a good thing. Just run the 93 and be happy with it. Unless you want to pay to have a tune done for lower octane gas and lose power...

It's more that I can only run 93 octane from an Exxon Mobil or Shell (or equivalent big name gas station), and even then, I've found some of these brands of stations that my bike is unhappy with lol...

For instance:

This HESS 93 octane sucks for some reason:HESS

While this Mobil is great: mobil

call me crazy, but If it gets gas it is not happy with It will putter around every time I'm in first until I'm going 20ish miles an hour.

I'm also curious about the tune as friends tell me when I'm really on it in the upper end of the RPMs my bike smells (not sure like what, thats just what they tell me)

Last edited by shortbus; 05-10-12 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post
    Care to elaborate?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast