Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

klr650 for sale?

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

klr650 for sale?

Anyone know of one in NH, VT, ME or MA?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Bras cause cancer.

Re: klr650 for sale?

mycircus had one he was selling...

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    mycircus had one he was selling...
    for more money than I have - it's an 08

Here's the deal. Guy here wants me to sell him my bike and I already pretty much had my mind set on a trade for a Brandy New 07 through a dealer. He sounds really interested but I really don't want a used Dual Sport and I don't want the hassle of locating one. I looked really quickly on craigslist, ebay and a couple of klr650 forums to no real avail. Seems like everyone wants about equal to the trade that I have worked out and they have a used bike.

I need to make a decision pretty much today. I was supposed to go today to do the trade but with the weather I'm not going down til tomorrow. Sales guy and I have pretty much the whole deal worked out.

I'd like to help out a fellow NESRian but I don't know if I can pass up on the trade that I have worked out. The point of this is to ride to work and save money so holding onto the cash and waiting for who knows how long to buy another bike is not something that I'm willing to do.

Little help..?..

Bras cause cancer.

The one that I had was a 97 and it went in a week.

As far as used the older KLR's are very reliable and if you find one used for a good price you may do better, especially if it has some extras on it. I am finding out with my 08 (which I got for 4200 with 580 miles on it) that I am spending some good money making it the way I want it (crash bars, GPS Mount to go from bike to bike, skid plate, tall windshield, etc).

If you look hard enough you should be able to find the right one. It just seems you may be in a rush. I am pretty sure there are dealers with 07s with no miles on them on the floors. Do a quick search nationwide on Cycletrader and you may get some bargining tools to get the one you want at the dealer with cash for less coin.

Bruce

Heres one in CT with the Doo done too which is a known issue in the older ones.

For Sale: 2005 KLR650 Connecticut - KLR650.NET - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Resource!

You being in a rush will not mean you get the best deal.

Sell the bike outright, get the money in your pocket, then take your time and find the right bike.

When I bought my KLR for $1100, I had to put air in the tires. It sucked. All that money on air. Eventually (a long while later in fact), I had to put gas in it.

KLR's are not 600 SuperSports. They are bought by riders who typically take care of them. Get one that had the "Doo-hickey" mod done and you are nearly assured the owner knew how to take care of the problems. Save yourself 3 grand and buy a used 4x4 quad in addition to the KLR. You have been waiting for months to sell the ZRX, what is another month waiting for the right deal?

Or buy brand new. One or the other.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

What kind of cash deal could you get on the new 07? Doesn't sound like selling your rex would work out in your favor if the dealer is willing to trade striaght up.

I looked for awhile, got impatient, then overpaid for an 87.

If I were in your shoes, I take a straight trade for a new bike over dealing with selling and trying to find a used KLR...but I'm laz...err busy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    You being in a rush will not mean you get the best deal.
    I know

what is another month waiting for the right deal?
    I don't have the time to search or travel to get it. Between working 2 jobs and working on the house and court - no time. I got off work at 07 this morning and go backto work on Thurs at noon for 11 hrs. That's also the killer. I had been waiting so I went to other options and pretty much was good on a deal and then the guy from Manch on here says he wants it throwing a wrench into the plan.

Or buy brand new. One or the other.
    That is the deal here. This is a brand new one.

You guys know me. I know that if I wait and take the time to search and go and check out bikes that I will get a better deal in the long run, I just don't have the time or energy to do it.

I'm just asking if anyone knows of one for sale in the area (NH) and knows the owner and can vouch for the bike?

Unless someone says that they know a guy with one for sale and it's a good deal, I will probably do the deal with the dealer, sorry manch guy.

Bras cause cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by wylee View Post
    What kind of cash deal could you get on the new 07? Doesn't sound like selling your rex would work out in your favor if the dealer is willing to trade striaght up.

I looked for awhile, got impatient, then overpaid for an 87.

If I were in your shoes, I take a straight trade for a new bike over dealing with selling and trying to find a used KLR...but I'm laz...err busy.
    wylee - just tried sending you a PM but says you can't get em. Enable it and hit me with one, I have something to talk to you about.

Bras cause cancer.