Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Anyone have a KTM Adventure

Anyone have a KTM Adventure

In Western Mass or souther VT and want to let me check it out? Mostly I am interested in seat height and hearing feedback from owners first hand.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Re: Anyone have a KTM Adventure

A friend of mine has one of the earliest models. I am 5' 7" and there is no way I could own it. He is close to, or slightly over 6', and he mounts it while it is on the side stand. He does love the bike, though, and he has assured me that he has taken it far from where he should. It has never let him down, and he tells me that the power is *amazing*. He offered to let me try it, but I turned him down. He goes through rear tires very quickly. As far as I know, they are solid, reliable bikes, with a lot of power. The seat height is off putting to some. More recent models are lower than his, but the "R" version is still extremely tall.

My buddy (5'4") has one at stock height. He also would have sex with the tailpipe if he could. I have like 10min on it. It was alright. Not anything that I instantly fell in love with though. His is an 06 I think (last year of carbs, whatever that was...maybe 04) and its been bombproof. The only thing on the FI models is the fuel pump is notoriously crappy, and should be replaced with either the updated or aftermarket version. But I can't recall what the industry standard is on that.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Well we have a demo 990 adventure up here at Land Air in Essex Jct VT, but I know that's probably a bit of a hike for you. I got a chance to ride it quite a bit over the summer.... I'm 5'10 and I sat pretty comfortably on it. Sure the seat height is tall, but it is an adventure bike. In terms of handling and performance I loved it. Plenty of power and corners quite well even with the stock tires. Lots of fun on dirt roads. Actually by the end of the year I preferred to take this bike out over the RC8.

LRRS #313

Thanks guys. On paper the 990 and my Multi should have close to the same seat height but the Adventure looks like it is much higher. One footing a dirt bike I can do, a 500+ lb bike at night in the rain after 800 miles is a different story. I'll keep looking and maybe take a ride up to Essex.