Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

KTM Dealers

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

KTM Dealers

Anybody out there know of a KTM dealer in Eastern MA, Southern NH, Southern ME, R.I. or Eastern CT that would actually have some of the KTM Supermotard bikes in stock on the floor so you can look at them? The 625 or the 525 preferably.

The local KTM dealer, Cycles128 (I know, I know), only has the KTM dirt and Enduro stuff on the floor and if you want one of the Supermoto bikes you need to order it. I just want to look at them and see if it is something I want to buy and I have no idea where to look.

Thanks

Joel

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

KTM Dealers

Cliff's in Norfolk (next to Foxboro) may...

508-528-2936 Ask for Neil or Frank

Armonds Powersports in Halifax

781-294-1645

For a Husky SMR, try Wagner Motorsports in Worcester

508-854-1377 Ask for Mark.

Putting his hands in the air, like he just doesn't care.
    Check out my eBay store!
    Dave - Motorace - Michelin

KTM Dealers

husky's are the hottness!!!!

If i didn't have the YZ already, thats what i would be looking for.

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

KTM Dealers

I know of a used Husky for sale that you could probably score for a pretty decent price.

KTM Dealers

Freedom Cycle in Concord, NH is where I bought my 625 SMC. I do not believe that they are available in the USA any longer. But, Freedom does have a good selection of bikes on the floor.

LRRS#167

KTM Dealers

Thanks for the replies

I will check them out and see what I can find.

The only thing steering me away from the Huskys is the fact that there isn't a whole lot of support for them out there. Only the one dealer in the area and who knows what kind of lead time and length of service types issues may arise with the parts etc.

Thought has crossed my mind of motarding a Honda CRF450X because of parts availability, dealer support etc. but then the thought comes to mind that KTM is probably the manufacturer with the longest history with their motards at this point so maybe their reliability will be better than the others.

Who the heck knows, being new to the Motard scene I have no idea what the right thing to do is so I guess I will just wing it and see what happens.

Joel

KTM Dealers

Originally posted by tls25rs
    Thanks for the replies

The only thing steering me away from the Huskys is the fact that there isn't a whole lot of support for them out there. Only the one dealer in the area and who knows what kind of lead time and length of service types issues may arise with the parts etc.

Thought has crossed my mind of motarding a Honda CRF450X because of parts availability, dealer support etc. but then the thought comes to mind that KTM is probably the manufacturer with the longest history with their motards at this point so maybe their reliability will be better than the others.

Who the heck knows, being new to the Motard scene I have no idea what the right thing to do is so I guess I will just wing it and see what happens.

Joel

Welcome to the club. I'm going to wing it also.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

KTM Dealers

Thanks for the replies

Joel
    You best move to Cow Hampster if you wanna register a Honda.....

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

KTM Dealers

Originally posted by TheIglu
    You best move to Cow Hampster if you wanna register a Honda.....
    Amazing what a cleverly placed dealership sticker will do for registering a "for off-road use only" motorcycle in MA............

Joel

KTM Dealers

I was just speaking with CM and he told me the same
    lis

KTM Dealers

Amazing what a cleverly placed dealership sticker will do for registering a "for off-road use only" motorcycle in MA............

Joel
    I've heard of this "myth" before but have never heard of it working. It also "could" get you in trouble if you're cought doing it.
    I'd take my chances in trying to walk into the DMV with the MSO, insurance card and sales tax paid just like it were a streetbike. I know of some that slipped in here in RI that way

A KTM does not have "not for highway use" on the MSO and makes for a very easy bike to register

Yamaha

KTM Dealers

http://www.armandspowersports.com/

These guys are pretty good to deal with.

Fork oil in my veins.... gmdboston's Avatar

KTM Dealers

Joel I have a 525 SMR in the shop, it's Zach's so it will be here all winter.

Also for 2006 KTM does put "Off-Road use only" on the title

"If you can't afford to do it right, how are you going to afford to do it over?"-PK
    Shop Services: Good, Fast, Cheap. Pick Two.

KTM Dealers

The beauty of NH

Take your bike to a dealer have it inspected with your lights, horn, and brake light, spark arrestor, they give you the paperwork needed to register it. Go to the town hall, pay the 30 dollar title application, registration fee, walk out with a plate, go back to said dealer for inspection sticker, wallah your hooked the eff up.

90 days later you have a LEGAL for ON ROAD use title in hand for said "Off road use only" bike.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

KTM Dealers

Joel, I think KB is going to register this for you!

KTM Dealers

I don't know if I'm going to need his assistance or not........

Those Husky's are damn good looking bikes and for '06 they are all 50 state street legal

Now I just need to figure out if that is the way I am going to go or if I need to figure out the KTM connection.

Who knows, only the coming riding season will tell.

L8R

Joel

KTM Dealers

Joel, have you ridden dirt at all? I'm thinking of getting a motard as well, but have never ridden dirt...it'd be a whole new expirience for me.

Clyde
    03 sv650s

KTM Dealers

Originally posted by gmdboston
    Also for 2006 KTM does put "Off-Road use only" on the title
    Good to know. My shiny, new YZ250 looks shinier (for) now.

Still debating an E-Line stator kit...

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

KTM Dealers

Originally posted by Lucky13
    Joel, have you ridden dirt at all? I'm thinking of getting a motard as well, but have never ridden dirt...it'd be a whole new expirience for me.
    Nope, I'm in the same boat as you on this one. I have never ridden dirt and would like to do so but I don't want to buy a dedicated dirt toy. A motard in my eyes may satisfy that need as well as my fun on the track for track days and the back roads for rides to work.

I guess I'll find out.

L8R

Joel

KTM Dealers

re: street plate in Mass.

A local Massachusetts rider procured a street registration for his YZ400F last week. Totally legit w/no hijinks involved -- a total dirt-to-street conversion. So it can be done, for now.

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

KTM Dealers

Originally posted by ChR1s
    re: street plate in Mass.

A local Massachusetts rider procured a street registration for his YZ400F last week. Totally legit w/no hijinks involved -- a total dirt-to-street conversion. So it can be done, for now.
    I would like to hear how this can be done. If it can be done, a 4 stroke mx-er will be in my near future.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

KTM Dealers

So Uh yeah as much as I would like to get some supermoto wheels I called again yesterday just to bug the guy and se eif there was some way to get some loot off and what not. So after all said and done with tires tubes and all the bullshit with the caliper remounting thingamagizmo and the new rotors and the new sprocket and the new chain and yata yata yata

Get this $1700 bucks the guy says. Well it looks like I'm getting the supersportsman package for 500 clams. Comes with:

EBC 320mm forged alloy front brake rotor conversion kit with caliper relocator adaptor.
    Steel braided front brake line
    EBC sintered racing brake pads
    Avon Gripster or Distansia Tire Set (option also for 17" tires)
    Aluminum 45 tooth rear sprocket
    Motostrano.com front fender stickers

Whatcha think? Just for the sticker I think I like it!!

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

KTM Dealers

Originally posted by rmbbikes
    So Uh yeah as much as I would like to get some supermoto wheels I called again yesterday just to bug the guy and se eif there was some way to get some loot off and what not. So after all said and done with tires tubes and all the bullshit with the caliper remounting thingamagizmo and the new rotors and the new sprocket and the new chain and yata yata yata

Get this $1700 bucks the guy says. Well it looks like I'm getting the supersportsman package for 500 clams. Comes with:

EBC 320mm forged alloy front brake rotor conversion kit with caliper relocator adaptor.
    Steel braided front brake line
    EBC sintered racing brake pads
    Avon Gripster or Distansia Tire Set (option also for 17" tires)
    Aluminum 45 tooth rear sprocket
    Motostrano.com front fender stickers

Whatcha think? Just for the sticker I think I like it!!

KB
    I've never been a big fan of EBC, and I've seen many of their moto rotors end up in the trash can because they don't hold up to the heat and warp

In a moto, the brakes are the most important part, for function AND the fun factor. The stock caliper will fade after you hit the brakes a few times even with the big rotor.
    Keep your eye on Ebay, I always see moto stuff on there, especially for the Honda's and KTM's. You can find a complete used package probably for about $1k, maybe even a little less.
    The last wheel set I bought (the ones on oreo's bike) were $900 brand new shipped to my door. The MotoMaster race braking kit (the best out there from what I've read) was $525 to my door, add another $60 for a good stainless line and use your stock master. The key to making the stock master work good is bleed the shit out of it!! I ran a half bottle of brake fluid through it before I got good feel... and even at that, I used the zip tie over night thing on the brake lever and it made a HUGE difference.
    I put Pilot Powers on my KTM, $200 to my door for those and another $40 for heavy duty tubes. Forget the rim strips as duct tape seems to be the popular choice.

The $1700 seems like a pretty reasonable price to me

Yamaha

KTM Dealers

I think I'ma gonna go with it. It's not like I'm going to be racing it. A few runs through the gap maybe some Dual Sport action.

I can't wait to run the Dirt Dragon on a dual sport this year!!!

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

KTM Dealers

oh my. someones gonna die at the gap this year.

i can't wait!!!!

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast