Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Land Air - Essex, VT - Gotta vent

Lifer

I don't know if any of you have ever gone into Land Air in Essex, VT, but I have never been able to get any kind of service there. This spring I was trying to buy a bike. I have a decent job, decent credit, look presentable, etc. I walk around the showroom for 30 minutes and get ignored. Three sales guys redaing the paper, no other customers. WTF!!!

So I buy my bike used (great deal, great bike) and like a lot of other CBR's it needs a tensioner lift. I call them because they are close to where I work. Not in stock, give them a credit card number, they order it, and tell me "We will call you when it comes in." After a while I call them, "yup, its right here." What happened to my phone call???

So I run down to pick it up. After standing at the parts counter for 15 minutes waiting for the parts guy to stop yacking on the phone he asks if he can help me. He goes to get my parts, returns, slides them across the counter at me and walks away to pick up the phone and make another call. I stand there for a few minutes while he once again yaks away, and he finally notices me. "you're all set" he says over the phone. My response: "Actually I am looking for a youth full faced street helmet, do you have any?"
    "Yeah we got 'em."
    "And where might they be?"
    "Oh, behind the counter."
    "Can I see one?"
    "They're $80."
    "Can I see one?"
    "We only have black."
    "Can I see one?"
    "I need to know what size you will need."

I wanted to see any helmet to see if it would be too heavy, made decently, etc. My nephew turns 8 in a few days, thought it might be a nice gift.

Once again I walk out of that store disgusted.....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    SSearchVT

For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar...

Lifer

How do these places stay in business???

I can highly recomend "Honda Unlimited" in Montpelier. They are a small shop, have to order a lot, but the service is great, and the prices are resonable. They have a tool box by the door for customers to replace parts with, etc...

I should have gone there.......

SSearchVT

For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar...

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Scott. Go to Roadside Marine on Industrial Ave in Williston (mayeb 7 minutes from LandAir by backroads) and tell Dan the Service Manager that Big Will sent you. He will take care of you.

I have nothing but good things to say aout Roadside and they get alll my business. If landair has something that I need and roadside doesn't - i order it through roadside cause I don't want to give LandAir my business. They are either breathing down your neck and talking to you like you're an idiot (even though I am they don't need to talk to me like i am) or you can't get ANY help at all.

Scott - I am heading for a ride tomorrow with some other sportbike riders down to Rt 17 if you want in...Midday?

Bras cause cancer.

Lifer

Nikon,

I have had good experiences at Roadside also (I love the inspection policy - 11:00 am to 3:00 pm, no appointment), but I have a CBR, so for parts I go to the dealer.

Thanks for the invite, gotta work though. Damn job....

SSearchVT

Originally posted by SSearchVT
    Nikon,

I have had good experiences at Roadside also (I love the inspection policy - 11:00 am to 3:00 pm, no appointment), but I have a CBR, so for parts I go to the dealer.

Thanks for the invite, gotta work though. Damn job....
    i hear ya - i just hate giving them any money....they can be so rude (and it isn't just like this has happened once either - happened several times...)...

Youcould order it online if you know exactly what you need and have Roadside install if you can't. They will work on anything as far as I know. They good peoples over there.

let me know when you have some time off - weekends only?

I work at 4pm so even if I am working on the weekends we could meet up midday or something and go for a spin. not this weekend though - this weekend is LACONIA

Bras cause cancer.

Lifer

I am headed down to Laconia too. Luckily my sister and her husband live in Loudon, so the girlfriend and I are staying there, and riding with them. I get to see my niece and nephew too!!!

I work days, usually until 5:00 and no weekends. Hopefully we can hook up soon.

I do all my own maintenance on the cars and the bike, believe it or not I enjoy it.

SSearchVT

Originally posted by SSearchVT
    I am headed down to Laconia too. Luckily my sister and her husband live in Loudon, so the girlfriend and I are staying there, and riding with them. I get to see my niece and nephew too!!!

I work days, usually until 5:00 and no weekends. Hopefully we can hook up soon.

I do all my own maintenance on the cars and the bike, believe it or not I enjoy it.
    Rock on man. If you aren't making an appearence at Stonnerstock - we will meet up later on - enjoy

Bras cause cancer.