Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Lane Splitting.

Lifer

Re: Lane Splitting.

So, am I a hypocrite for thinking "loud pipe" laws should be enforced.

I reconcile this by thinking that lout-pipes legitimately negatively effect everyone around you while lane splitting only pisses people off because they are bitter shits. And really, you can control if you are a bitter shit or not.

Who's with me.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Back on the topic of lane splitting, and whether California is biking heaven - This is taken from 4 Insane Things Nobody Tells You About Riding a Motorcycle | Cracked.com , which I found pretty funny:

The survey was conducted to find out whether Californians knew that lane-sharing was legal for motorcycles (that's when you drive in the space between lanes to cut through traffic). Most did not, but that's not the interesting part: The interesting part was exactly how many of them -- 7 percent -- freely admitted to the survey conductor that they "tried to prevent lane sharing." That dry, objective phrasing makes it sound like no big deal, but the only way you can "try to prevent lane sharing" is to abruptly block a lane with your car when you see a bike coming (i.e., ramming a motorcycle off the road).

That is a shocking piece of information to volunteer to anybody at any time, and 7 percent of people freely admitted it to a total stranger. Find any other scenario where nearly one out of ten passerby will casually, almost happily cop to attempted murder on a regular basis:

"Excuse me, sir; were you aware that commercial fishing within two miles of the coastline is legal in California?"

"Why, no, random stranger, I was not! And in fact, I regularly hurl knives and flaming bottles of kerosene at boats when I see them fishing too close to the beach! Hahaha, joke's on me, I guess! Welp, see you later, I'm off to stab pedestrians crossing at intersections without crosswalks -- have a good one!"

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jasnmar View Post
    It's a problem with society. "I would never do it, so it should be illegal".
    and the whole kindergarten mentality of ...you can't cut me in line

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by cdovego View Post
    and the whole kindergarten mentality of ...you can't cut me in line
    EXACTLY. Don't like it get a bike? like HOV lane wanna go solo in it get hybrid or better yet motorcycle lol
    Which is worse lane splitting or that dick bag who cuts in last minute because "OHH I didnt know that lane ended..">

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by waller View Post
    That is a shocking piece of information to volunteer to anybody at any time, and 7 percent of people freely admitted it to a total stranger.
    Yeah. For the lol's I brought the subject up at the lunch table at work one day. Several of my coworkers freely admitted to my face that they would try to block a motorcyclist if they lane split.
    I tried very hard to explain to them that they were talking about potentially murdering a human being. Possibly me. The counter was basically "well, don't break the law you ass".

So very frightening.

On a happier note, this is promising : Oregon And Washington Could Legalize Lane-Splitting

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

DucDave posted this on Faceyspace last night...

http://www.ots.ca.gov/pdf/Publicatio...afety-2015.pdf

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123