Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

How late in the year do you ride?

Rubber temp

Must be lower in winter but it comes from the internal friction not the road. Must be less but rarely do street riders take it up to adhesion point deliberately.

Just cruise smooth down a notch and don't worry be happy

I have an old Beemer that was commuted in the salt and its was fuzzy with corrosion so it gets to some bikes

If its below freezing then worry lots

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Glen Beck is John the Baptist

I really need warmer gear. I was almost thinking about putting it away this weekend.

Yup.

Originally posted by Cam_In_RI
    I really need warmer gear. I was almost thinking about putting it away this weekend.
    No! Come riding on Saturday!

My Name is Chrissy
    This is Jello

Have you hugged a corner today?

I'm done. Too cold for me.

04 ZX-10R
    02 CBR600 F4i (track bike)
    68 Oldsmobile 442
    05 Tahoe

Yeah, no kidding. I wouldn't dare ride when it goes below 50, maybe even 60. I need to find a place to live that doesn't go below 70 in the middle of winter. And this issue with salt. Everyone talks about how NE vehicles are in much worse condition and vehicles from the south are spotless. We all know salt corrodes and rusts the hell out of cars. The salt today, I heard, protects cars from that now. So maybe it is ok. But I thought in general, people don't ride at all during the winter and especially without snow and ice. The salt wouldn't do much damage to the bike because there is a lot of plastic, but think about the engine. So much salt can build up in there and you can never get to it to clean.

My eyes low,
    Hydro,
    Leakin' out that Tahoe

Everybody to the limit!

Originally posted by Big SIssy
    Yeah, no kidding. I wouldn't dare ride when it goes below 50, maybe even 60. I need to find a place to live that doesn't go below 70 in the middle of winter. And this issue with salt. Everyone talks about how NE vehicles are in much worse condition and vehicles from the south are spotless. We all know salt corrodes and rusts the hell out of cars. The salt today, I heard, protects cars from that now. So maybe it is ok. But I thought in general, people don't ride at all during the winter and especially without snow and ice. The salt wouldn't do much damage to the bike because there is a lot of plastic, but think about the engine. So much salt can build up in there and you can never get to it to clean.
    you're going to be even more fun than the squid

I totally agree!

04 ZX-10R
    02 CBR600 F4i (track bike)
    68 Oldsmobile 442
    05 Tahoe

I guess I took my life in my hands last weekend....brrrr....41 when I left the house in the morning and just as cold when I got home at night!! And I thought it was one of the best rides of the season

Hey nerd, or excuse me, Honclfibr, please explain what you mean by your comment. Thank you.

My eyes low,
    Hydro,
    Leakin' out that Tahoe

Originally posted by Jaynnus
    I guess I took my life in my hands last weekend....brrrr....41 when I left the house in the morning and just as cold when I got home at night!! And I thought it was one of the best rides of the season
    Really ? Cool ! I had fun too !!!!

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Lifer

Originally posted by RandyO
    I think that if you RODE in salt you would know that that statement is NOT true.

I have over 100k miles on my SV and many can attest that I have only washed it no more than 3 times since I bought it new AND I ride in winter salt.

the only corrosion you will find on my SV is from bug splats that were not cleaned and came from SUMMER riding
    In theory I agree with you but I ride my mountain bike all winter and every year there is something that gets seized up from salt.

Either motorcycle stuff is better shielded (fenders, etc..) or the seals are better, but it worries me a bit.

I'm not talking a sheen of white keeping me off the road, I'm talking slinging through slush, etc.. where the salt is dissolved into snow & slush and it gets flung up into the bike.

Honestly not sure I would ever want to be out when there was slush on the road anyway.

Last winter I rode on New Years day as it was nice and dry out. I'm off on a weekend riding trip friday afternoon, so I'm defintely still riding. I figure realistically this is my last weekend trip though, I'm not sure I want to deal with bad weather when it is cold. Maybe one more though.

Ben

Hey nerd, or excuse me, Honclfibr, please explain what you mean by your comment. Thank you.
    Boy your trying real hard to make friends here!

www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

by your dumbass post...thats what he meant...lol

I wouldn't dare ride when it goes below 50, maybe even 60
    If you have the right gear you can ride well below freezing temps...many on this site do...I have a couple times in regular winter gear.. In fact I was on that ride that jaynnus said this weekend..personaly I like riding when it is cooler...you are much more comfortable in gear that way...

The salt today, I heard, protects cars from that now.
    that would be new information to me...can anyone else here confirm this?

The salt wouldn't do much damage to the bike because there is a lot of plastic, but think about the engine. So much salt can build up in there and you can never get to it to clean.
    For me this was the icing on the cake part of this post..lol

When will you learn to stop being such a prick to people on this site....I told you in a pm that people joke and bust balls...yet you continue to insult people...grow the fuck up dude..seriously

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

I don't really want to make friends with Honcl, that's all. Don't need to be dicks to me for disliking another person. It wasn't a dumbass post either. Why don't all of you take it easy. I truly don't see anything wrong with that post. And the new salt today, it is a fact. It has less chemicals in it and doesn't corrode metal as quickly and as easily.

My eyes low,
    Hydro,
    Leakin' out that Tahoe

Littering and........

Yeah! Explain yourself!! NERD!!!!

....Kay, I'm going to watch Boy Meets World now, so I can throw rocks at people in alleys......

This is all opinion. Stop judging my opinions and trying to insult my intelligence. About the riding gear and the weather. I said I wouldn't ever ride below 60, that is my choice and my opinion. I didn't say other people should or tell them they should. I said I wouldn't, but that is just me. I think I do need to go to a place where it never goes below 70 so I can get away from the horrible and cold people of New England.

My eyes low,
    Hydro,
    Leakin' out that Tahoe

Are we going to fight again highsider? Because I'm ready and I have plenty to say.

My eyes low,
    Hydro,
    Leakin' out that Tahoe

Littering and........

This is all opinion. Stop judging my opinions and trying to insult my intelligence. About the riding gear and the weather. I said I wouldn't ever ride below 60, that is my choice and my opinion. I didn't say other people should or tell them they should. I said I wouldn't, but that is just me. I think I do need to go to a place where it never goes below 70 so I can get away from the horrible and cold people of New England.
    You would do that?? Can I contribute????

And the reason I called Honcl a nerd, is...look at his picture.

My eyes low,
    Hydro,
    Leakin' out that Tahoe

NOT laughing with you {~; bemused's Avatar

Are we going to fight again highsider? Because I'm ready and I have plenty to say.

WWSD? (what would Sneakers do?)
    "for every credibility gap, there is a gullibility fill"
    jeff f
    '97 RF900R

Littering and........

You mean....you'd actually pull yourself away from the Disney Channel long enough to do that?? I'm so honored!!!

I am not even going to bother because I will piss everyone else off and I don't want to do that. Plus, I am obviously much more mature than you because I am ending it right now. If you want to continue in PM's, away from people, than just let me know.

My eyes low,
    Hydro,
    Leakin' out that Tahoe

Littering and........

I am not even going to bother because I will piss everyone else off and I don't want to do that. Plus, I am obviously much more mature than you because I am ending it right now. If you want to continue in PM's, away from people, than just let me know.
    Actually, I think everyone else finds you as amusing as I do, so please....lets have it.

Round 2, DING !

So Big Sissy, When do you leave for this Warmer Climate??? Don't let us hold you back..

www.tailofthedragon.com

Littering and........

Originally posted by Half Squid
    Round 2, DING !

So Big Sissy, When do you leave for this Warmer Climate??? Don't let us hold you back..
    I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT -

I will donate $100 to moving costs.

Thank you.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast