Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Leathers

Leathers

I'm going to start racing this year and need to get a set of leathers.....along with everything else(except the bike ) Any recommendations? What should I look for? I have my eye the Teknic 2003 Chicane. Any help would be cool...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Leathers

Look for CE armor.

Leathers

That looks like an image from "new enough" but just in case you haven't checked them out:

www.newenough.com

I've bought boots and gloves from them in the past and they've been great to deal with.

HTH,

Nate

Leathers

Good eyes That is from New Enough....$329 Good deal? I think so but what do I know....

From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Leathers

That's a good price for disposable leathers.

If you go to one of Vanson's open houses, you could get a real set for 7-800$; if you can find one off the goofy rack, 400$.

The main difference is that you will burn through a light set of leathers, in a heavy set, like the Vanson's, you will just scuff up the paint.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

RSVMILLE661

Leathers

Or you can buy a basically brand new set of Spyke leathers for 600.00..top quality italian stuff.

Leathers

Originally posted by legalspeed
    That's a good price for disposable leathers.

If you go to one of Vanson's open houses, you could get a real set for 7-800$; if you can find one off the goofy rack, 400$.

The main difference is that you will burn through a light set of leathers, in a heavy set, like the Vanson's, you will just scuff up the paint.
    Right...I would love to get a Vanson, but I think I am an irregular size and not sure if they will have a lot in that rack. They are also pretty $$$ but if the difference between Vanson and the other brands is that much then I'll bite the bullet and get a goofy Vanson. I'm 6' 230lbs bigger in the chest 47-49 and 41-43 in waist...not sure about the other measurements. So either way I think I'll have to get it tailored.

Which leads to another question....

Does anybody know were, beside Vanson I get one of these suits tailored??? Thanks,

RSVMILLE661

Leathers

Mine should fit you.. they are a 48.. if'n ya want a great deal on some kick ass leathers..

....................... PinHead's Avatar

Leathers

They are some VERY NICE leathers. Aren't they new??
    Got me thinking now, payment plan for the poor ?

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

RSVMILLE661

Leathers

I've worn them twice. once at NHIS and the other at Daytona. Aside from a few scuffs on the pucks they are like new.

get out you cant say your poor

Originally posted by PinHead
    They are some VERY NICE leathers. Aren't they new??
    Got me thinking now, payment plan for the poor ?
    he's my pidgin go away you git

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Lifer

Leathers

I have those Teknic leathers from newenough.

They have been fine so far, a little short (I'm 6'1") as they appear to only go up to a certain height and from there they just get bigger in the waist/chest.

Ben

<-- See them in the picture

Leathers

Originally posted by benSV
    I have those Teknic leathers from newenough.

They have been fine so far, a little short (I'm 6'1") as they appear to only go up to a certain height and from there they just get bigger in the waist/chest.

Ben

<-- See them in the picture
    Thx Ben,

They hold up well in a crash? I really like the price but I want to make sure they'll hold up.

Ryan

Lifer

Leathers

I haven't tested them out and don't plan on it.

I don't race, if I was I'd probably go whole hog and buy some expensive Vanson leathers. For the street they seem like pretty damn good protection for the price. I'd certainly feel fine crashing in these until they started to wear out.

They did come with cheap back/elbow/shoulder pads. I put GP armor in the elbows and shoulders and I know have a good back protector that I can use.

Ben

Banned

Leathers

For racing, you get what you pay for. Vansons are great in a crash. I have crashed a few times in mine with no problems, but they cost me $1500. I'm guessing most leathers out there are pretty good. Read the newenough.com review on these lethers, they are always fair in their assessments.

degs

Leathers

Thanks Degsy...new enough says the following:

Paul's Comments: The Chicane suit is a sharp suit with good protection features at a very low cost. We've carried this model for three seasons now with very good feedback. For crash protection, this suit has dual density foam armor in the shoulders, elbows, hips and back and has GP type armor in the knees. For comfort, the suit has a fully perforated front. I recommend these suits for those using them on the street and for amateur track uses, such as club racing, track school. For many people, this suit meets their needs for a safe and good looking suit, but for a lower cost since their use of the suit is relatively limited. A couple good features to point out, first, the nickel YKK zippers are great. Teknic uses neoprene (like wetsuit material) for the collars. It's soft and flexible and should allow for quick and comfortable head checks.

sounds good to me ??

He has similar comments about the JR highside suit.

On another forum someone recommends Vanson, AGV, and JR.

I found an AGV suit here: http://www.kneedraggers.com/index.ph...no=31-AGV-PHAN

This one is a little more $$....since i've heard mixed reveiws on the teknic.

Whadoya think??
    ...i have headache now...

Banned

Leathers

OK, I went over to newenough's new website (cool new site!!) and looked at the JR highside. In my opinion, the JR is a much better deal. You get the kneepucks, the stretchy crotch area and underarms plus a bit better suit for a hundred more bucks.

degsy

Leathers

I have the Chicane and am very happy with it considering how little they cost at New Enough. I haven't had the misfortune of crash testing it yet, but I honestly don't think they'd survive more than one crash. I'm gonna run mine 'til that fateful day when I do crash during a race. After which I'll scurry down to Vanson and dish out some real crash...

I love the way the suit fits & feels though. Very comfy and the ventilation works great above 30 MPH, but ya gotta kinda position yourself just right...

For that kinda money though, how could ya go wrong? Which is why I grabbed one last year...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Leathers

I bought a suit and it didn't fit that well and was thinking of having it fitted. After talking to the people I bought it from they had a good point. "buy a suit that fits". It will cost you some $ to have a suit fitted. If you think about it they have to take the suit apart, pull out the stiches and then stich it back up, and I quess you hope they double and triple stich it back up like it was.
    You might want to call around to see what this would cost.