Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

legislation of interest to CT peeps

I got the following from another forum
    You can voice your frustrations on Monday. As of today, the following bills will be heard in the Transportation Committee on Monday, Jan 31st. We need as many people as possible to show up and testify!!!!! Ask your wife, your mother, your neighbor, Club members !!!!! Now is the time to act!

This is the deal :

Write testimony on why you do or do not support a particular bill ( be positive and politically correct).
    Keep in mind when you right your testimony that you are only allowed 3 minutes to read it.
    Make 45 copies so each Legislator on the committee can have a copy to take with them.
    Show up at the Legislative Office Building on Monday Jan. 31st at 10:30 and we will all meet in the lobby.
    You will need to sigh in and wait your turn to read your testimony.
    This is going to take a little of your time, but it will be worth it...

Below are the bills we will testify against:

SB 330 - A ban on the sale and operation of ATV's.
    SB 565 - Prohibiting the sale and use of pocket bikes and ATV's
    SB 5089 - Promoting the safe operation of ATV's by minors.
    SB 5251 - The operation of ATV's - To require that ATV's be registered before they may operate on any land in the state.
    SB 5469 - ATV'S - To promote safety and responsibility in the operation of ATV's.
    You can read each below!!!!!

General Assembly
    Proposed Bill No. 330

January Session, 2005
    LCO No. 1177

Referred to Committee on Transportation

Introduced by:

SEN. FINCH, 22nd Dist.

AN ACT CONCERNING A BAN ON THE SALE AND OPERATION OF ALL-TERRAIN VEHICLES.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Assembly convened:

That the general statutes be amended to ban the sale and operation of all-terrain vehicles in Connecticut.

Statement of Purpose:

To completely ban the sale and operation of all-terrain vehicles.

General Assembly
    Proposed Bill No. 5469

January Session, 2005
    LCO No. 1582

Introduced by:

REP. CHAPIN, 67th Dist.

AN ACT CONCERNING ALL-TERRAIN VEHICLES.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Assembly convened:

That the general statutes regarding all-terrain vehicles be amended to increase the registration fee for the vehicles to thirty-five dollars, dedicating the revenue from the fee to an all-terrain vehicle account in the Conservation Fund and using the revenue to enforce all-terrain vehicle laws, to repair damage to state or agricultural lands from use of the vehicles, to provide safety education regarding the vehicles, and to purchase, maintain and improve facilities for use by such vehicles; to require the Department of Environmental Protection to develop criteria for safe operator certificates, to issue the certificates to those who qualify and to require the operator of an all-terrain vehicle to carry the certificate when operating the vehicle; to prohibit persons under twelve years of age from being passengers on an all-terrain vehicle unless the operator is eighteen years of age or older; and that section 14-387 of the general statutes be amended to prohibit operation of all-terrain vehicles in a manner that harasses wildlife or affects endangered or threatened species or their habitats.

Statement of Purpose:

To promote safety and responsibility in the operation of all-terrain vehicles.

General Assembly
    Proposed Bill No. 565

January Session, 2005
    LCO No. 1957

Introduced by:

SEN. FINCH, 22nd Dist.

AN ACT PROHIBITING THE SALE AND USE OF POCKET BIKES AND ALL-TERRAIN VEHICLES.

That the general statutes be amended to prohibit the sale and use of mini-motorcycles, known as pocket bikes, and all-terrain vehicles in Connecticut.

Statement of Purpose:

To promote public safety

General Assembly
    Proposed Bill No. 5089

January Session, 2005
    LCO No. 503

Introduced by:

REP. KLARIDES, 114th Dist.

AN ACT PROMOTING THE SAFE OPERATION OF ALL-TERRAIN VEHICLES BY MINORS.

That chapter 447 of the general statutes be amended to require that any person under the age of eighteen years who operates an all-terrain vehicle or is a passenger on an all-terrain vehicle on state land shall wear protective headgear and that any application of a person between twelve and sixteen years of age to take a safety education course for all-terrain vehicles contain the signature of a parent or guardian of such person.

Statement of Purpose:

To require that minors who operate or are passengers on all-terrain vehicles wear protective headgear and to require parental signature before a minor between twelve and sixteen years of age may take a safety education course for all-terrain vehicles.

General Assembly
    Proposed Bill No. 5251

January Session, 2005
    LCO No. 748

Introduced by:

REP. RYAN, 139th Dist.

AN ACT CONCERNING THE OPERATION OF ALL-TERRAIN VEHICLES.

That the general statutes be amended to require the registration of all-terrain vehicles before they may be operated on any land in the state.

Statement of Purpose:

To require that all-terrain vehicles be registered before they may be operated on any land in the state.

ANY QUESTIONS EMAIL ME.

Thanks,

Dan Salomone
    CTU President
    dsalomone25@comcast.net

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Do you really think that the complete ban on sale and use of ATV's would pass??? And if the legislation really wanted to enact the ban why would they want to raise the regi fee??? Doesn't coinside with each other And Whoa promoting safety, now that's just out of the question, I mean comon would you want your children to be responsible for themselves:pfft:

Just knocking the overly aggressive 'they're tkaking away our rights!' thing

sorry Randy

I'm only reposting what I saw somwhere else, I just think it's worthy for people in Conneticut to know what the people they voted for are proposing..... maybe in the future these people will be voted out of office

also I don't know how the process of enacting a law works in CT, here in NH, you never know, proposed bills get amended and passed.
    Again, something peeps in CT need to pay attention too

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Absolutely, they should stand up! It's a priviligede to ride, and if it's taking away then what makes us different from a 3rd world country, nothing. If it's going on in your area then hell yes these muthas that are tring to pas these laws(really just the 2 banning ATV's) should be voted out, if not then it's on the heads of those in the county that keep them in office, as I remember there were people here that just didn't vote at all(not even local elections) that would be all up in arms over this, so I say in closing thank you randyo for informing those in CT, and I'm sorry if my offended you mang

Yup, while our country is over seas fighting for other peoples rights, we are losing ours on a daily basis

Fighting for any type of ATV rights in Ct and RI is a waist of time, sad but true. If they want the ban of ATV's and pocketrockets, they'll get it whether 5 people or every resident of the state wants it or not

In Ct now, there is a law already in place that you must have a Ct ORV registration if you ride on any private land that you do not own, even though there is not one single state or town owned riding area in the entire state

Have you ever followed the offroad bullshit that goes on in RI? People get a little excited around here every 2 years in November when someone is up for election and makes a bunch of promisses and tells a bunch of lies to get votes into office. "IF" they get voted in, of course it gets put on the back burner for another 2 years.
    There's been several people even trying to make private offroad parks in RI just to be shut down by the towns and state.

I know it pisses people off to say this, but let them do what they want with their laws, they're gonna do it anyways whether you're against it or for it Then again, i guess only the people that live in RI and have delt with this crap before can relate to it

Yamaha

he's right

Originally posted by R7
    Yup, while our country is over seas fighting for other peoples rights, we are losing ours on a daily basis

Fighting for any type of ATV rights in Ct and RI is a waist of time, sad but true. If they want the ban of ATV's and pocketrockets, they'll get it whether 5 people or every resident of the state wants it or not

In Ct now, there is a law already in place that you must have a Ct ORV registration if you ride on any private land that you do not own, even though there is not one single state or town owned riding area in the entire state

Have you ever followed the offroad bullshit that goes on in RI? People get a little excited around here every 2 years in November when someone is up for election and makes a bunch of promisses and tells a bunch of lies to get votes into office. "IF" they get voted in, of course it gets put on the back burner for another 2 years.
    There's been several people even trying to make private offroad parks in RI just to be shut down by the towns and state.

I know it pisses people off to say this, but let them do what they want with their laws, they're gonna do it anyways whether you're against it or for it Then again, i guess only the people that live in RI and have delt with this crap before can relate to it
    can't ride um in Ct so why not Ct sux 2 ride in anyways no big trails cops got atv's when i was young you could ride the trails
    the last time i was dirt biking i was on the traiks that i built ended up in someones back yard & could not go back down the hill the runoff was in a river had 2 go !!!!!!!!!!!! lol it was like a astate so here i em in a 5000000. houses back yard i was nice din't rip the grass

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

bunch of kids got killed

last year it was coming stupid parents just let there kids go then they get hurt or killed so the gov get in we are 2 stupid 2 teach the kids the right way & supervise them so they get killed

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

You New Englanders just keep electing liberals.

Then when they gore your particular Ox you whine like wounded pigs. I have seen the hypocrits of New England be happy when the legislature piss on fishermen, hunters, gun owners, the timber industry, manufacturing,families in parks, boaters etc etc. Then they say "wait a minute while they trample your rights"

You want attention then write these people that you will actively give money and aid to either them or their opponent during the next election cycle. It will give them a good laugh cause they know you pissants will forget all about by then.

Just learn to be good little peasants and be happy with what your betters leave you

You get the government you deserve

Glen Beck is John the Baptist

Originally posted by richw
    You New Englanders just keep electing liberals.

Then when they gore your particular Ox you whine like wounded pigs. I have seen the hypocrits of New England be happy when the legislature piss on fishermen, hunters, gun owners, the timber industry, manufacturing,families in parks, boaters etc etc. Then they say "wait a minute while they trample your rights"

You want attention then write these people that you will actively give money and aid to either them or their opponent during the next election cycle. It will give them a good laugh cause they know you pissants will forget all about by then.

Just learn to be good little peasants and be happy with what your betters leave you

????? Baltic CT? isn't that in conneticut? new england...... seems like YOUR one of those who elected the liberals

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Originally posted by richw

I agree, you do deserve it. I don't live in CT, you do.

So as a CT resident put your money where your mouth is and start a letter writing campaign to your state and local representatives. There are a lot of people in CT who will give support.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Everybody to the limit!

Originally posted by SEVENSGT
    It's a priviligede to ride, and if it's taking away then what makes us different from a 3rd world country, nothing.

I can't tell if you were being serious, but either way that's funny as hell.

mopeds are legal most places and especially 3rd world

I'm to busy

I don't have an ATV

I can't afford a stamp

I have carpel tunnel

My baby brother ate my homework

Actually local state representative is a liberalcrat that won by a huge margin.
    I am sure that if she knew this legislation would piss off old white manufacturers they would fast track it.

I will however lend my voice to a whining campaign

Thank you for the alert anyway I will bitch about this but remember folks stop voting for central government liberals or your hobby will be next.

the liberalcrats have been emailed