Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have my license still!

I have my license still!

I got a 144 in a 55 back at the beginning of the season... My lawyer went to court monday night, and they reduced it to a 70 in a 55, 4 points... keep my license, and have to do a safety course.

I'm pumped, and thinking of a motard for the street next year.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I have my license still!

got lucky on that one

I have my license still!

Holy shit man!!!! How the hell did they catch you? Running wasn't an option? not that i'm one to advocate such things but 144 seems somewhat worth it IMO. Good to hear you didn't loose your license though.

I have my license still!

Quote Originally Posted by Noble View Post
    Holy shit man!!!! How the hell did they catch you? Running wasn't an option? not that i'm one to advocate such things but 144 seems somewhat worth it IMO. Good to hear you didn't loose your license though.
    I understand why you would say that...and that you meant it mostly (MOSTLY) in jest! But holy shit...with all the threads related to motorcyclists running and the bad things that happen we REALLY need to be willing to take our licks!!!

And see! Dem licks aint too bad.

(A few years ago I got a 110 in a 55. He wrote it as a 99 in a 55.) I got it deferred to the following year, plead guilty, paid the $200.00 find and took the points! Usually when I take my helmet off, they see all the gear, and get another look at the ST2 with the bags, they must feel sorry for me! (The ticket I referred to was on a Blackbird though!!)

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

I have my license still!

should have done an immediate threat on you... at least it would have kept others on the road safe for a short period...

144 is a bit rediculous... those congradulating you now hopefully won't be doing the same when you lose it a kill someone...

(EDIT since I see you do race... ) ... keep that crap where it belongs... on the track

I have my license still!

I actually had just left a part of the group behind in MA, because I thought I saw lights... once I crossed the NY border, I waited for a while, when I figured they weren't coming, I just cruised through NY for a while... The car was far ahead (unmarked charger) and I couldn't turn around (good thing I didn't, 2 more cars showed up moments later). I waved my hands to let him know I was stopping, and was polite as could be. Full gear and the fact I was on my own could have helped.

It was kind of crazy, the first car was actually pulled across the street and aiming his radar gun at me, from 1/4-1/2 mile away... not sure if they are supposed to be in the street.

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

I have my license still!

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    (A few years ago I got a 110 in a 55. He wrote it as a 99 in a 55.)
    And you worry about people doing wheelies on group rides??

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

I have my license still!

chuck didn't you see he was wearing full gear and on a blackbird.

whats a blackbird anyways? did you mean BIG bird?

Carlton
    My facebook

I have my license still!

I have my license still!

I always thought of the Blackbird(CBR1100XX) as being the better looking, less popular version of the Hayabusa...

I have my license still!

oh a black CBR. thanks

Carlton
    My facebook

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

I have my license still!

Quote Originally Posted by 02Telefonica View Post
    I always thought of the Blackbird(CBR1100XX) as being the better looking, less popular version of the Hayabusa..
    The XX is much better looking than the Busa, IMO. Not as round and fat.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

I have my license still!

Quote Originally Posted by VinceF2 View Post
    should have done an immediate threat on you... at least it would have kept others on the road safe for a short period...

144 is a bit rediculous... those congradulating you now hopefully won't be doing the same when you lose it a kill someone...

(EDIT since I see you do race... ) ... keep that crap where it belongs... on the track
    i was on a back road in the middle of a mountain... no turn offs or anything.. I respect others much more than my own safety, but it is fairly easy to maintain control at 144... if an obstacle came up, I would have to deal with it accordingly. if I hurt somebody else, i'd be devastated...

bringing leo opinions to a motorcycle forum is ridiculous.

I have my license still!

...sometimes referred to as a Dozygeese...

Damn...why did you have to post that pic! Makes me miss mine...

Oh and...
    And you worry about people doing wheelies on group rides??

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

I have my license still!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    bringing leo opinions to a motorcycle forum is ridiculous.

Care to explain?

They want us alive as much as we do.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

I have my license still!

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    Care to explain?

They want us alive as much as we do.
    yea, I'm no icy hot stunta or squid... I drove miles and miles away from people to get out on some empty roads. If the guys on this site are getting there jollies out doing 65 on their bikes, then great for them... I can't do that. My friends who are troopers don't try to give the power trip lecture... they say to pick my places carefully, and the couple that ride, ride hard and fast.

Last edited by Kitt; 06-21-07 at 01:02 PM.

I have my license still!

Don't bring their opinions into this discussion, you said that is rediculous.

Now explain again.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar

I have my license still!

yea, I'm no icy hot stunta or squid... I drove miles and miles away from people to get out on some empty roads. If the guys on this site are gettign there jollies out doing 65 on their bikes, then great for them... I can't do that.

Well said,

Zip Tie Alley Racing #444

Signature edit by Tricky mike

I have my license still!

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    Don't bring their opinions into this discussion, you said that is rediculous.

Now explain again.

first, I didn't say anything was ‘rediculous’... since I can spell (not really, but apparently better than you).

I said it's ridiculous to bring LEO opinions onto a motorcycle forum, implying that maybe a majority of the riders have exceeded 65 mph in order to use some of their bikes potential.

It was a lame rebuttal to him saying 144 is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose441 View Post
    Well said,
    thanks

I have my license still!

My friends who are troopers don't try to give the power trip lecture... they say to pick my places carefully, and the couple that ride, ride hard and fast.
    Hmmm....sounds like a LEO Opinion to me. Just doesnt happen to agree with VinceF2, who I didn't realize was a LEO. His post just seemed like a reasoned observation.

Amazing how quick we all are to jump down each others throats...even when the intent is simply to suggest that we could all be more considerate, ride our own rides without reckless abandon, and use a little common sense!

(and yeah...my house is glass and I threw a stone. but it wasn't the first one )

Muhammad Ali.

I have my license still!

Sorry Goose and Kitt, I am with Theiglu on this one as well.

You guys get your "jollies" at the track. Don't you think it is smart to cool it on the street? Now that you are smarter and more enlightened from your track experience? Honestly I am a bit surprised, no that I know either of you all that well but...

144 is a bit much, you admitted to seeing lights and leaving a group because of it i.e. running, which is worse to me than the actual speeding part.

I feel I come off as some high and mighty ALOT, so let me clarify AGAIN.

I have been known to "wick it up" on more than one occasion, Especially BEFORE I hit the track. It is certainly more rare that I ride over 80% on the street now. 10-20 mph over, no problem but if a cop turns on the lights I am pulling over and taking it like a man. (to the tune of 98 in a 35 and 6 points when I was going MUCH faster BEFORE he caught me) :

and as for KU996r... a Honda Blackbird is the correct term, It is called a Blackbird or the XX not a "Black CBR".

FWIW I am VER happy to have a LEO's opinion on this forum. Care to take that comment back?

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

I have my license still!

Quote Originally Posted by 97BladeRider View Post
    The XX is much better looking than the Busa, IMO. Not as round and fat.

no there both ugly

I have my license still!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Care to take that comment back?

no haha...

I dont think law enforcement stereotypes generally mesh well with performance addicts. I'm not out to ride to be a biker poser... I do it for the adrenaline. I realize there are several risks involved, but do my best to reduce them as much as possible. How many people smoke cigs and tell me to slow down??

anyway, I know what your saying, I have taken some time away from the street to gain more responsible street composure. Also going to try and slow it down in the future on the streets.

p.s. this WAS right before the season, and i hadn't seen a track before, so I was out riding hard, breaking in my leathers and trying to get comfortable moving around a lot on the bike.

I posted it up because i'm happy to have some good luck for once, if there's going to be a discussion on what speed people should ride on the street, we should start a new thread.

Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar

I have my license still!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Sorry Goose and Kitt, I am with Theiglu on this one as well.

You guys get your "jollies" at the track. Don't you think it is smart to cool it on the street? Now that you are smarter and more enlightened from your track experience? Honestly I am a bit surprised, no that I know either of you all that well but...

144 is a bit much, you admitted to seeing lights and leaving a group because of it i.e. running, which is worse to me than the actual speeding part.

I feel I come off as some high and mighty ALOT, so let me clarify AGAIN.

I have been known to "wick it up" on more than one occasion, Especially BEFORE I hit the track. It is certainly more rare that I ride over 80% on the street now. 10-20 mph over, no problem but if a cop turns on the lights I am pulling over and taking it like a man. (to the tune of 98 in a 35 and 6 points when I was going MUCH faster BEFORE he caught me) :

and as for KU996r... a Honda Blackbird is the correct term, It is called a Blackbird or the XX not a "Black CBR".

FWIW I am VER happy to have a LEO's opinion on this forum. Care to take that comment back?
    Slow Down People, Take a deep breath.

#1 Kitt was only only reporting the facts behind his Situation. You guys are the ones to make it a Moral issue.

#2 I was impressed with the way Kitt was defending himself, Not endorsing the fact he was going fast (note I said fast Not TOO fast).

#3 For myself I dont find any joy Above 99 MPH on public roads. And very rarely even approach that Fast unless I am way up 89 Or way out like Colbrook NH and places like that.

I am sure Kitt Learned a little something from this. From the event itself not from the Judgement of the Forums.

Zip Tie Alley Racing #444

Signature edit by Tricky mike

I have my license still!

Mike was a biker- racer long before he became five0. And his imput is good IMO. I'm not saying that I never went over the posted speed limit. AAMOF If I got stopped in Wooooooostar I may even pull the Mike card.

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast