Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have my license still!

I have my license still!

Who ever said anything about going fast?

I could care less if you do it in a reasonably responsible way, which it sounds like you did. I was just saying that LEO opinions are still opinions. Especially LEO opinions who happen to be riders too. They just see the downside to riding of all types a bit more than we do.

It's like saying racers have no place in voicing their opinions on street riding. If we street ride also and can see the obvious differences in behavior, then who is to say that our opinions are rediculous? (yeah, I can't spell that work worth shit!)

I wasn't bustin you for riding like that, I've done it. I was busting you for saying someone's opinion isn't viable just because of their profession that happens to give them a more broad knowledge base.

It would be like you, as a casual beer drinker, tell me and Brewmaster that our opinions on beer don't matter since we do it for a job. Shit just don't fly son!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

I have my license still!

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    Who ever said anything about going fast?

I could care less if you do it in a reasonably responsible way, which it sounds like you did. I was just saying that LEO opinions are still opinions. Especially LEO opinions who happen to be riders too. They just see the downside to riding of all types a bit more than we do.

It's like saying racers have no place in voicing their opinions on street riding. If we street ride also and can see the obvious differences in behavior, then who is to say that our opinions are rediculous? (yeah, I can't spell that work worth shit!)

I wasn't bustin you for riding like that, I've done it. I was busting you for saying someone's opinion isn't viable just because of their profession that happens to give them a more broad knowledge base.

It would be like you, as a casual beer drinker, tell me and Brewmaster that our opinions on beer don't matter since we do it for a job. Shit just don't fly son!

i hear ya, i hear ya

I have my license still!

Kitt does seem like a rather reasonable dude... I am glad I misconstrued the info a bit.

My apolpgies.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

I have my license still!

Quote Originally Posted by beet View Post
    Mike was a biker- racer long before he became five0. And his imput is good IMO. I'm not saying that I never went over the posted speed limit. AAMOF If I got stopped in Wooooooostar I may even pull the Mike card.
    Thanks Beet, but I should clarify... I don't WORK in Wooosta ...

As he said... I've been riding for 15 years and I raced... my opinion is my opinion and would have been the same 4 years ago before I was a cop... Just that now I get to use terms like immediate threat and apparently mispell rIdiculous...

Cop or not... 144 mph IMO is rIdiculous on a public road that myself or my family could possibly be on...

People know I don't butt in my LEO opinion all the time around here... this opinion just happen to be one I felt strongly enough to voice...

oh and just to clarify... I don't pose or stay at 65mph all the time... even as a cop I give a 12-15mph "grace period" to drivers before busting their chops... specially someone on a bike...

I have my license still!

I dont quite understand the whole running debate here, at 144 that's pretty much running speed anyway. So the way you got bagged was that there were two cruisers ahead of you and spotted you while you were going that fast?

Either way sounds like you got off pretty nicely since you didnt get hauled off to jail. I rarely do stupid shit but hopefully my entirely clean record will come into play if one of our great RI leo's pulls me over for being a 'thug biker.'

'19 Husqvarna FS450 Race

I have my license still!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    i was on a back road in the middle of a mountain... no turn offs or anything.. I respect others much more than my own safety, but it is fairly easy to maintain control at 144... if an obstacle came up, I would have to deal with it accordingly. if I hurt somebody else, i'd be devastated...

bringing leo opinions to a motorcycle forum is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    Care to explain?

They want us alive as much as we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    I actually had just left a part of the group behind in MA, because I thought I saw lights... once I crossed the NY border, I waited for a while, when I figured they weren't coming, I just cruised through NY for a while... The car was far ahead (unmarked charger) and I couldn't turn around (good thing I didn't, 2 more cars showed up moments later). I waved my hands to let him know I was stopping, and was polite as could be. Full gear and the fact I was on my own could have helped.

It was kind of crazy, the first car was actually pulled across the street and aiming his radar gun at me, from 1/4-1/2 mile away... not sure if they are supposed to be in the street.
    Ive seen them on bridges taking my picture. & Don't " me but with the cop in the road & if you blasted by I think you got your self some big trouble now.
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceF2 View Post
    Thanks Beet, but I should clarify... I don't WORK in Wooosta ...

As he said... I've been riding for 15 years and I raced... my opinion is my opinion and would have been the same 4 years ago before I was a cop... Just that now I get to use terms like immediate threat and apparently mispell rIdiculous...

Cop or not... 144 mph IMO is rIdiculous on a public road that myself or my family could possibly be on...

People know I don't butt in my LEO opinion all the time around here... this opinion just happen to be one I felt strongly enough to voice...

oh and just to clarify... I don't pose or stay at 65mph all the time... even as a cop I give a 12-15mph "grace period" to drivers before busting their chops... specially someone on a bike...
    I will admit to stupidity but try to avoid it.

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

I have my license still!

I don't need my mom lecturing me, I don't need safety nazi's lecturing me and I certainly don't need LEO's lecturing me, I think anyone who want's to go 144 mph knows the risks of doing so without being reminded

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

I have my license still!

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    I don't need my mom lecturing me, I don't need safety nazi's lecturing me and I certainly don't need LEO's lecturing me, I think anyone who want's to go 144 mph knows the risks of doing so without being reminded

You are way off to think people in general are that smart and think about the things they do. The daily news demonstrates that every single day.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

I have my license still!

Thats good. Cus no one here is lecturing you. Post up something stupid that you've done and that's a different story.

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

I have my license still!

Randy never does anything stupid!

He's just ornery!

I have my license still!

You folks have way too much time on your hands. I can't belive I just read all that.

KITT nice work on keeping your license!!!! 1 for us 0 for them.

144 is just getting warmed up!!

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

I have my license still!

Nobody here has ever gone that fast on the street. (yea right)

I have my license still!

I have! Blew right by the cop in the median on the interstate too! Doing about 155! :

He never even pulled out to come after me. I figured he just called ahead so I got off at the next off ramp and went home (sedately) on the back roads. I learned my lesson. Haven't done 150 since. :

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

I have my license still!

Quote Originally Posted by rmbbikes View Post
    144 is just getting warmed up!!
    Seriously! I'm barely into 5th gear at that speed.

"...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

I Dance With Will

I have my license still!

"fuckit!"

I Dance With Will

I have my license still!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I have! Blew right by the cop in the median on the interstate too! Doing about 155! :

He never even pulled out to come after me. I figured he just called ahead so I got off at the next off ramp and went home (sedately) on the back roads. I learned my lesson. Haven't done 150 since. :
    don't do it on the pike because there is no "got off at the next off ramp".

there's usually more than 1 of them at a time.

"fuckit!"

I Dance With Will

I have my license still!

seems only cocksuckers are smart and bikers are dumb. only them wants to safe lives because that makes them hero on TV.

"fuckit!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12