Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

License test

License test

I called the place running the class last week and they said I do not need a permit to take the class or get my license.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance."

License test

Originally posted by SVvixen815
    I called the place running the class last week and they said I do not need a permit to take the class or get my license.
    interesting....well have a fun time

License test

Must be different in CT. In MA you can take the class with no permit as long as you have a valid drivers liscense. Afterall they do want your 275 dollars but they wont give you the certificate saying you passed so you can skip your road test at the registry.

James

License test

I tend to agree with the others. It sure sounds like you're going down a road that will mean passing the MSF test then having to retest for an endorsement. Why take the test twice and why risk dropping your new bike during a 2nd test when you could pass it the 1st time on a trainer?

Last edited by Cheese; 07-09-06 at 07:18 PM.

License test

Originally posted by Cheese-GSXR
    I tend to agree with the others. It sure sounds like you're going down a road that will mean passing the MSF test (in MA) then having to retest for a CT endorsement. Why take the test twice and why risk dropping your new bike during a CT test when you could pass it in MA on a trainer?
    From what I was told I do the test at the end of the class on Sunday and then if I pass I get my license, just have to go to the DMV to get it, no test. Plus I use the bikes at the class/testing site. Am I being fed wrong information. I am not getting a MA license or taking the class in MA. I had to switch my class because of the situation which also got me in to the class sooner.

A quick run down: taking the MSF class in CT to get a CT LICENSE. The trainer at the class said I do not need a permit for the class.

License test

I'm not from CT so I don't know. If you've been told you can get the certificate thingy to get your license without a permit then I guess you're good to go.

License test

This is what their website says:
    "This is for people with little or no experience riding motorcycles, who want to learn. Students must possess a VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE. Training motorcycles are provided. Successful completion of this course fulfills the requirements of the State approved novice rider course for licensing, leaving only the “written” test to be taken with the DMV to obtain endorsement."

License test

This is what their website says:
    "This is for people with little or no experience riding motorcycles, who want to learn. Students must possess a VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE. Training motorcycles are provided. Successful completion of this course fulfills the requirements of the State approved novice rider course for licensing, leaving only the “written” test to be taken with the DMV to obtain endorsement."
    Ya they are a bit vague. If I were you I would call the DMV tomorrow and make sure.

James

Me? Sarchastic?? Nooooo!! FazerChic's Avatar

License test

To clarify for everyone:

If you have a CT license and you take the MSF class, then you get a certificate that you bring to the DMV to get the M endorsement on your license. You do NOT need to retest at the DMV. How do I know?? This is how I got my license, that's how!

My shit:

2004 Yamaha FZ6 (Naked....mmmmmmm) (FOR SALE!!!! CONTACT ME FOR INFO!)
    2004 Mini Cooper - Deal's Gap tested and approved

Guys on sportbikes are so hot....until they take their helmet off. Just leave the damn thing on already!

Beware the counterfeit Mini!

License test

Thanks for the clarification. That's what I thought the deal was. I should be all set to go by the end fo the month. Just waiting to hear back from the guy I put an offer to about his bike for sale....which is killing me. He BETTER take my offer. I saw it today and it is gorgeous!!!!!

Someone shit on the coats PatSV650's Avatar

License test

Does CT have bikes at the MSF course? If so, don't bring your own. Passin' the u-turn on a Rebel 250 is way easier than doing it on a sportbike. If you have any coordination at all gong in, you'll pass and get your endorsement (M/C license).

Once you have your endorsement you can take the MSF Experienced Rider Course (ERC). It's much shorter since you don't have to re-learn all the parts of a bike. The ERC course strengthens your skills but on your own bike. It still only leaves you qualified to safely operate your motorcycle in a parking lot when completed but every learning chance you get will increase your likelyhood of living through anything thrown at you on the street.

Good luck!
    I rode for my first year on permit(s). Half way through my second season, took the MSF course. MAJOR difference right away in my own abilities. Example: Was nervous making a u-turn on a regular road before the class. After, was able to do it in one lane. MSF course is definately a must-do for beginners and experienced alike.

I gotta go take the ERC next chance I get.

ibanezfourstring from that other
    site
    my blog

'79 CB750 K (crash victim)
    '82 CB750 F Supersport (project: done! )
    "What is it about driving cars that makes you all such assh*les?!"

"I could have said "YOU'RE ABOUT TO BE STRUCK BY A VEHICLE!! " but instead, it came out more like a concerned moan " Dane Cook

License test

Originally posted by LiononaLeash
    Obviously things have changed in MA since I lived there.

Showed up to take the test. The officer tells me to do a figure 8 in the parking lot. Then do a circle around him.

Bang!! done!

It scared me how easy it was.

I got my license after 2 weeks of learning on an EX500 back in 1992(Practiced for hours every day). A couple months later, I took the MSF BRC only in its 2nd or third year of its existence. One instructor crashed in front of the class showing off scraping his pegs.

And look at you now. Cold tires coming out of the mall of NH dragging knees.

You have come a long way danielson!

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

License test

Does CT have bikes at the MSF course? If so, don't bring your own. Passin' the u-turn on a Rebel 250 is way easier than doing it on a sportbike. If you have any coordination at all gong in, you'll pass and get your endorsement (M/C license).

Once you have your endorsement you can take the MSF Experienced Rider Course (ERC). It's much shorter since you don't have to re-learn all the parts of a bike. The ERC course strengthens your skills but on your own bike. It still only leaves you qualified to safely operate your motorcycle in a parking lot when completed but every learning chance you get will increase your likelyhood of living through anything thrown at you on the street.

Good luck!
    I am taking the ERC tomorrow.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

License test

Originally posted by rmbbikes
    And look at you now. Cold tires coming out of the mall of NH dragging knees.

You have come a long way danielson!

KB
    Thank you Sir!

Yes cold tires. I practice on cold tires in parking lots quite often actually. About 18mph is a sweet speed to practice at.

Once the Pilot Powers get warmed up, I feel like I'm getting away with bloody murder with the throttle at NHIS. The Michelin Man really got those tires right!

TL1000R --- For those who like to drive high speed tanks

License test

Bob is the man!!!!!!!!!! Showed up at the dover DMV to practice for my lic test, and he hung out w/ me and showed me the right way to do everything.. thanks again bro...

'09 r1 white & red

License test

you passed I take it, right?

edit: on nm... that's right you did. I bumped into you at the gas station a week later while we were feeding our V-twin pigs!

TL1000R --- For those who like to drive high speed tanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12