Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

lockable, easy on/off moto storage?

lockable, easy on/off moto storage?

any suggestions to carry gym stuff?

gotta shoes, pants, t-shirt, towel, gloves, cap, protein shake, & water bottle.

I hate the feeling of a backpack when riding, I don't want saddle bags (they rub up on my fairings), and I already have a tail bag to carry my lunch

it also needs to come on/off quickly, and needs to be lockable as it'll be outside all day while I'm at work...and nothing magnetic (tank is actually a plastic shell)

budget < $100

maybe tank bag w' straps?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by breakdirt916; 08-10-13 at 10:04 PM.

Re: lockable, easy on/off moto storage?

Best thing on the planet is a hard top case.

If you have a bike with a removable backset, go on ebay and buy a spare back seat. Buy what ever size top case you'd like with a mounting plate. Take the mounting plate and bolt it to the spare seat. This lets you use it when you want then put your stock seat on when you're not using it and no one will even know. If you're bike doesn't have a split seat, you're only option is a rack to stick the hard bags on. This is the only true option for locked storage unless you use hard saddle bags.

Tank bags are great but they won't but aren't really lockable. If you go that route, nothing beats bags connection/sw motec. You can buy them at TwistedThrottle. They are a lot of money but, no risk of tank scratches, easy on, easy off and they last. I have one that I use almost every ride. It's 6 years old, been through rain and even snow.

With your budget though, you're looking at 1. Used, 2. Not what you really want.

Last edited by drinkingmymilk; 08-11-13 at 02:10 AM.

Lifer

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

This thing holds a decent amonut of junk and will complment the look of your bike.

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/bags...tream-tail-bag