Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Always look on the bright side of life!

Soooo, I know some people had really shitty weekends, and for that I am really sorry. Buuuut, did anyone have a good riding weekend?? My TL was house bound for Sat. and Sun. morning (new chain/sprockets, brake fluid change, clutch springs, oil/filter) Sunday afternoon, Snaggle and I got out for a little 70 mile run. Good clean fun! I know 70 ain't much but hey, it was quality, just not quantity. (heh, I said...never mind)I bet next time Snaggle will want to lead, he'll say I was too slow! So come on!! The sun did come up today didn't it??

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Chris J.
    "You're going the wrong way!!!"
    "How does he know where we're going?"
    03 Aprilia Tuono, 06 Yamaha R6, 16 Yamaha XSR900, 13 VW Touareg

Yeh, i clocked just over 300 miles for the day. Some slab to get to the meet spot, but mostly twistie in between. Nice weather, and good company. Could have been a few less bugs though

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650

Lifer

I had a pretty good weekend. The warm weather was great. Sticky tires. I rode both days, but didn't get real far from home, I maybe did 200 miles combined?

I did make a real bad mistake last night on the way home, and beat myself up mentally last night pretty bad.

Hmm.. Got behind a Ferrari F355 Convertible on Friday. Didn't see him do anything cool. Saw a Caterham 7 in the twisties yesterday. Guy couldn't drive though. He was using the whole road and I was keeping up with him very easily.

But I came across a downed harley saturday after the suspension workshop, and then I made my own mistake yesterday.

I had a guy come flying by me on an R6 on a straight... I was just cruising home pretty slow. For some reason when he went by me it set me off, I lost self-control. I reeled him in pretty easily as soon as the road got twisty, he kicked it up but he must have been pretty new. Then He got ahead of me on a straight again, and I entered the next turn WAY faster than him, and had to stand my bike up to avoid hitting him. BIG mistake. I should have just passed him in the corner. As I stood the bike up I put the brakes on for about 1 second to scrub speed, and my rear got squirrely. It didn't get out of line, I guess I wasn't leaned over much. I recovered, and rather than being smart and just slowing down, I then proceeded to pass him in the next corner and leave him. Got to the end of the road and hung my head...

Can't believe I was so immature. This morning I rode to work real slow. I'm going to start counting to 10 every time something happens. (I had gotten taunted by a bunch of lane-splitting harley squids on 101A earlier in the day, I guess I was just ready to snap.)

I guess on the bright side, yesterday I went out to a giant parking lot + access road and practiced my braking, swerving, and low-speed u-turns a bunch. I chirped my front tire once doing a hard stop, which I guess was a good thing to have happen during practice, rather than when I need to stop fast on the highway or something. I had read in Twist of the Wrist that Keith Code recommended practicing locking the front, and my immediate reaction was that sounded really dumb. But I guess he was right to say to practice it. I don't really know if I locked it, but it did make a loud sound.

Ben

[Edited on 5/6/02 by benSV]

I had a great ride Saturday, 384 miles all but a few miles were posted 35 to 45 great roads, no cars or even any riders,, passed a couple of Honda gold wings butnot much else,, total of 7 hours in the saddle, I got pulled over in a small town, 42 in a 25 .. he cut me loose,, Great roads down in Pa were I ride, found two new roads yesterday and had the time of my life

i had a great, although short, ride with jankster yesterday afternoon. Found some great roads, and twisties. If only all the cages were off the road, it would have been perfect

'04 600RR

6 of us ripped twisties en route to Bellows Falls, VT for lunch. Along the way we spotted a group of sportbikes strung out ahead of us. Chased them down one by one. Street racing at its finest. No cops, no incidents, so that was good. Oona's is closed on Sunday so we had to settle for chinese, which was loaded with MSG. (woke up feeling hung over). Took not so twisty route back and saw thousands of Harleys near some fairgrounds. A glistening sea of shiny chrome. Couple hundred miles or so. Fun day.

Chuck
    '02 Duc 998S Bostrom

I just farted around a bit on the bike this weekend. About 150 miles, total.

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Took my nine year old daughter out on her first dirtride Saturday. She did great after a few tears and a li'l whining.

Headed over to the Dyno thing and met up with my bud CryBaby. Got home, drank some Sammy's. Got up in the am, met some cool folks, headed north/west. Rode some nice twisty roads I haven't been on in six months. Weather was great. Cudda been less bugs and a little less sand. All in all, pretty damn nice fuckin' weekend.

huh huh huh, she said fuckin'

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650

Bikeless Prick

I got pulled over in a small town, 42 in a 25 .. he cut me loose
    Bob... you expect us to believe that you actually STOPPED for the LEO? What happened? Man, you're gonna ruin my image of you!

I had a great weekend, didn't ride any, but I'd say hangin' in Vegas is at least somewhat comparable.

Rich

Rich you are correct,,This is the FIRST time I have ever pulled over on the bike.. I was going so slow that I couldn't believe that he was after me.. I told him that,, I was following three other cars and never even thought I was breaking the law..The trouble I find with rideing real fast all the time is the speed limit seems like a crawl.. If it makes you feel better I averaged over double the speed limit for almost all of my trip of 384 miles.. sorry to let you down

Rich, Did you go to the "Art of the Motorcycle" exhibit? I went to the one in Chicago and it was great! The Vegas one is bigger though...

Chris J.
    "You're going the wrong way!!!"
    "How does he know where we're going?"
    03 Aprilia Tuono, 06 Yamaha R6, 16 Yamaha XSR900, 13 VW Touareg

Bikeless Prick

I stood outside the exhibit and there's a catwalk kinda of thing that goes around one side.

I was walking along the strip and came across it at The Venetian. Unfortunately it was kind of late and I was a bit too beat to spend some quality time in there, I believe it was kinda pricey, so it didn't seem worth it if I was only going to hang for a short time.

Next time I'm there though it will be a definate. Seemed to be quite the exhibit. Put on by Guggenheim... I think?

Rich

Re: Always look on the bright side of life!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    6 of us ripped twisties en route to Bellows Falls, VT for lunch. Along the way we spotted a group of sportbikes strung out ahead of us. Chased them down one by one. Street racing at its finest. No cops, no incidents, so that was good. Oona's is closed on Sunday so we had to settle for chinese, which was loaded with MSG. (woke up feeling hung over). Took not so twisty route back and saw thousands of Harleys near some fairgrounds. A glistening sea of shiny chrome. Couple hundred miles or so. Fun day.

Chuck
    '02 Duc 998S Bostrom
    back in the olden days...............

jim

"Molon labe"

....................... PinHead's Avatar

Miss these old days, and the names above.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    I just farted
    There’s a big surprise

Yamaha