Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Look what I found!

Lifer

Look what I found!

I'm in Estonia buying a watch and found this Renard sitting inside a bbq joint. Turns out they actually make them here. Above the bar is a showroom filled with high end gear the likes I have never seen before. They also have a custom suit maker on site to take your measurements and design your suit. I am sure it is an expensive service. I am going to leave a deposit for the next renard though.

The bbq was excellent too.

9 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Look what I found!

This is really cool, but I want to know more about the Estonian BBQ

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Lifer

It's a good bbq but not so much like the states. Pork is tender but not super flavoured. I had the ribs and they were fall off the bones tender with a dry rub. They had sauces but it was very limited. They were overly concerned that everything may have been too salty so they may have been playing around with the mixture. The beans were white beans but tasted like our baked beans. All vegetables were pickled but had a mild flavour. The mashed potatoes were the creamiest I've ever had, it was super smooth with hints of cheese. Fries were great with a garlic mayo and seasoning.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    I'm in Estonia buying a watch.
    That’s the spirit! Don’t let these 401K misers deter you!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I'd travel to another country to eat for sure, but never for a piece of jewelry. that's just ridiculous.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    I'd travel to another country to eat for sure, but never for a piece of jewelry. that's just ridiculous.
    I don’t know, if you’ve got the means and it makes you happy I say go for it.

Lifer

It's not the big of a deal to travel for a watch like this. It's an old ww1 wristlet watch with papers to prove its background. When I heard about it it took me 3 days of research to find out if it's real or not. It's one of things that are rumoured to exist but no one has really seen one in the flesh. It seems I have found the only 2 left. I bought one and left the other for someone else.
    They have an interesting history. They were originally pocket watches that had leather bands built to hold them so troop leaders could time attacks and movements better in the wars. Before that it was attack at dawn or mid day sort of thing so you could imagine it wasnt very precise.
    Besides, I live in London now. Round trip tickets to Estonia were 50 bucks. While they are still on the euro they are a cheaper Baltic country so bargains can be found. I probably paid about half of what it's worth in London and maybe a quarter of what it could sell for in the states. Hard to gauge really since they are so rare. I've already sent it out for a full service which would gave been a few hundred dollars but it's going to be free since I am allowing them to photograph it and publish it in a book.

That’s a neat tidbit.
    I’m still more interested in the foods, all in.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Lifer

Food was ok but not great. Latvia had better food if your on a food journey. A lot of the country still holds on to simple Russian type foods but its changing. Ukraine has the best food in that area of the world so far. Just outstanding.
    I'm heading to Japan for a food trip next month. I expect to be amazed at every place.

Man that Renard is everything I loved about the Confederate Wraith and then some. Congrats in advance.

-Jared
    ZX-4RR, Hyperstrada 821, ZX-6R (FS!), 701 E/SM (FS!)

Lifer

I seem to have hit a snag with buying it. I live in uk for now but will be returning to the states when I retire next year. Unfortunately it seems rather difficult to import this into the states once I have bought it here. I'm.not sure how to get around it.

It's a work of art, that's for sure. It's not even a horrid riding position. You kind of fit around it. almost like you lay on it.