Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Be on the lookout, buncha MX bikes just got stolen in Phillipston, MA

Be on the lookout, buncha MX bikes just got stolen in Phillipston, MA

Cycle Design got jacked for something like 17 MX bikes last night, and a U Haul truck.

If you see something, say something.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Re: Be on the lookout, buncha MX bikes just got stolen in Phillipston, MA

CUT THEIR DICKS OFF

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Freedom Cycle in Concord NH told me every dealer has been hit, sometimes up to four times.

Thry run a cable through all the front wheels but consider that a slight delay only.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

That sucks. They sponsored a lot of NESC MX riders in the 80s. A Suzuki powerhouse then.

It's about time the feds got involved and stop these crime rings. They need to hide air tag type locators on them and track them. This is getting out of hand.

Also if you ride NETRA or race at any MX track use a fake name. Do NOT use your real name and get a visit some night from these guys. This is how they target you. Its not random that they show up at the right homes and open garages or sheds and make off with dirt bikes. It's simple to get the list of names and towns from these events and then scout the area using street view and other search options, and plan a quick hit. There are way too many peeps getting their new bikes stolen from sheds and garages for this not to be a well thought out and well executed plan.

Be on the lookout, buncha MX bikes just got stolen in Phillipston, MA-screenshot-2023-08-04-7-a

Send cash... I need a track day

rides bikes

Quote Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
    It's about time the feds got involved and stop these crime rings. They need to hide air tag type locators on them and track them. This is getting out of hand.

Also if you ride NETRA or race at any MX track use a fake name. Do NOT use your real name and get a visit some night from these guys. This is how they target you. Its not random that they show up at the right homes and open garages or sheds and make off with dirt bikes. It's simple to get the list of names and towns from these events and then scout the area using street view and other search options, and plan a quick hit. There are way too many peeps getting their new bikes stolen from sheds and garages for this not to be a well thought out and well executed plan.

Be on the lookout, buncha MX bikes just got stolen in Phillipston, MA-screenshot-2023-08-04-7-a
    I think you might be giving them too much credit. The people hitting dealerships for a dozen bikes are one thing, but getting your shed busted into for your ten year old YZ is a different type of character...my opinion, anyway. I spend most of my day at a computer and I don't think I could find the addresses of those names you just posted.

When I got my CRF stolen last year, I had it listed for sale, so people knew where it was. I think other thefts are based on opportunity (driving by and seeing bikes in the garage, seeing a giant Fox sticker on the truck, etc.). Other bikes I've had stolen in the past were chained up outside, so they could be seen if you were lurking around.

is it too much to ask for a security guard? How many times does insurance cover this before they require one?

I don’t have a lot of tin foil hat, Facebook community page style political opinions, but as someone that had dirt bikes stolen, I get oddly frustrated that it feels like there’s no consequences to this property theft. When a dirt bike gets stolen out of a shed, the cops take a report and explicitly tell you not to approach yourself, even if you have a tracker on it and know the location. If that same dirtbike is being ridden illegally on city streets for a bike life ride out, no consequences. Now if a neighborhood kid is on a dirt bike that has been paid for, taxes paid, in an empty dirt lot/field in town, cops will be all over it; and in nice neighborhoods in SoCal expect several cruisers, a tow truck, and a helicopter. They’ll spend tens of thousands of dollars of resources in the name of breaking the law for riding a kids dirt bike in a field/private property, but if same kid’s bike was stolen, all that happens is a report is taken and suddenly the laws don’t matter

9 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by breakdirt916; 08-07-23 at 02:58 PM.
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

rides bikes

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    I don’t have a lot of tin foil hat, Facebook community page style political opinions, but as someone that had dirt bikes stolen, I get oddly frustrated that it feels like there’s no consequences to this property theft. When a dirt bike gets stolen out of a shed, the cops take a report and explicitly tell you not to approach yourself, even if you have a tracker on it and know the location. If that same dirtbike is being ridden illegally on city streets for a bike life ride out, no consequences. Now if a neighborhood kid is on a dirt bike that has been paid for, taxes paid, in an empty dirt lot/field in town, cops will be all over it; and in nice neighborhoods in SoCal expect several cruisers, a tow truck, and a helicopter. They’ll spend tens of thousands of dollars of resources in the name of breaking the law, but if same kid’s bike was stolen, all that happens is a report is taken.
    i'm on the same exact page as you on this one

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePackage View Post
    is it too much to ask for a security guard? How many times does insurance cover this before they require one?
    Doubt a security guard would be of much value. Out numbered and overwhelming show of force when these groups show up.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    Doubt a security guard would be of much value. Out numbered and overwhelming show of force when these groups show up.
    a taser would make short work of any idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePackage View Post
    a taser would make short work of any idiots.
    Something a little spicier would be more appropriate, but this is MA. The criminals would be put on a pedestal and the guard villified.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    Something a little spicier would be more appropriate, but this is MA. The criminals would be put on a pedestal and the guard villified.
    mace spaying robot does seem like it will be our LEO future. you have 30 seconds to comply.