Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No loud bikes in Laconia NH

Thumbs down No loud bikes in Laconia NH

Laconia voting on a bill to owtlaw straight pipes and loud bikes

been trying to kill bike week for years

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

Before drilling out the baffle on my dirtbike (4 stroke)...it was putting out 82 dB. It was about as loud as an electric golf cart. There are NO racing vehicles that are capable of noise limitations that low. I don't even think stock autos are capable of dB that low.

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

That response was intended for your Tamworth post....ooops.

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

Originally posted by Rye
    That response was intended for your Tamworth post....ooops.
    Thats what i was gonna say

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

I think it's great. There are way too many absurdly loud bikes and they are extraordinarily irritating. Maybe they can focus on loud pipes and pay less attention to speeding and yellow line violations. Hope they target them statewide, all season and not just during bike week.

If you listen closely you can actually hear straight pipes scream: "SMALL PENIS SMALL PENIS SMALL PENIS SMALL PENIS SMALL PENIS SMALL PENIS SMALL PENIS SMALL PENIS SMALL PENIS"

I have faith the mighty dollar will crush this lame attempt.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

I don't mind loud sport bikes, but there is nothing worse than a Harley that sounds like it is doing 200 mph and when you look it is creeping by at 40 mph.

All I want for Christmas is another rear tire.....

http://www.ratemythong.com/indexhome.php

Originally posted by Cue Ball
    I don't mind loud sport bikes, but there is nothing worse than a Harley that sounds like it is doing 200 mph and when you look it is creeping by at 40 mph.
    nor do I; never see straight pipes on a sport bike though. Straight pipes are what I dislike. WAAAAY too loud and for no purpose other than to annoy.

fun

Dear Laconia PD,

Have a BLAST trying to enforce that during bike week, when 50 million bikers from all over the USA roll in to Laconia with their loud ass bikes, all prepared to SPEND BIG DOLLARS THAT PAY YOUR SALARY! Duh....think people..think.

Every year they come up with some new hair-brained scheme to curb us from enjoying our passion of motorcycling...first the no tits rule, now this crap. What is this world coming to when I can't sit on the bridge and proudly display my 5' x10' banner that simply says TITS on it?

Heath Smith
    LRRS/CCS #337
    Low Down Racing
    www.racetireservice.com
    www.motorbikesplus.com
    Power by Dr. Hillsgrove
    Traction by Franimal Racing Syndicate

05' KTM 525SMR,
    01' YZ426F
    05' Reiju RS1

Says Vale to Colin at the end of the 2002 8 Hours of Suzuka: "Ok Colin, you better go out there and win. Because it is the ONLY way we will NEVER have to come here again!"

Everybody to the limit!

Re: fun

Originally posted by gixxer6
    Dear Laconia PD,

Have a BLAST trying to enforce that during bike week, when 50 million bikers from all over the USA roll in to Laconia with their loud ass bikes, all prepared to SPEND BIG DOLLARS THAT PAY YOUR SALARY! Duh....think people..think.

Every year they come up with some new hair-brained scheme to curb us from enjoying our passion of motorcycling...first the no tits rule, now this crap. What is this world coming to when I can't sit on the bridge and proudly display my 5' x10' banner that simply says TITS on it?
    I wish I hadn't just put that exhaust on the 1500. Otherwise I'd be happy to drive up to wherever you live and drive around your neighborhood in circles for a few hours, so you can get a demonstration of what the people of laconia are pissed off about.

I'm all about granting every freedom in the book that doesn't impinge on the rights of others, but straight pipes don't fall into that category.

guess what

Guess what, 2 guys with pipes just like the ones you are speaking of live ohhhh 3 houses up from me...I don't mind it at all..c'mon over man...I'll pull my race bike out and you can even give her a go! It'll be fun! Then, we can go for a ride after! I haven't met you yet I don't think. Some folks on this board are a bit too serious for anyone's own good..arguing about things that they have no direct control over...I've learned, that in today's society, we can't control any of these legislations. What we CAN do, is contact our representatives, as RandyO so often provides us contact info for, and have our voices heard that way. Pissing and moaning does nothing.

Whenever you wanna come for a ride, let me know man..glad to ride with ya!

Heath Smith
    LRRS/CCS #337
    Low Down Racing
    www.racetireservice.com
    www.motorbikesplus.com
    Power by Dr. Hillsgrove

05' KTM 525SMR,
    01' YZ426F
    05' Reiju RS1

Says Vale to Colin at the end of the 2002 8 Hours of Suzuka: "Ok Colin, you better go out there and win. Because it is the ONLY way we will NEVER have to come here again!"

threadjack

Originally posted by Cue Ball

Hey Cue Ball...Your quote kills me! "All I want for Xmas is another rear tyre" so nice!! Tell Santa to double that order!!! And make em slicks for me! heeheee

Heath Smith
    LRRS/CCS #337
    Low Down Racing
    www.racetireservice.com
    www.motorbikesplus.com
    Power by Dr. Hillsgrove

05' KTM 525SMR,
    01' YZ426F
    05' Reiju RS1

Everybody to the limit!

I didn't mean anything personal by it, I was just trying to use an example. I wouldn't actually ever drive my truck around your neighborhood with no exhaust, believe me it's a crime against humanity, gave me a headache that lasted a day just moving it from one driveway to the next like that

Don't think we've met yet but I'm sure we will at some point, no hard feelings, I just like to argue. It's my third favorite thing after motorcycling and skiing, and since it's now too warm to ski and too cold to ride, I figure the next week or two is argument season

Originally posted by Honclfibr
    ...I just like to argue. It's my third favorite thing after motorcycling and skiing, and since it's now too warm to ski and too cold to ride, I figure the next week or two is argument season
    oh great, something to look forward to!

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Re: fun

Dear Laconia PD,

It'll be very easy to enforce. Thousands of bikes sitting still in traffic are quite easy to target. No where to run. If you think the police will be helpless to enforce this law, you will be quite mistaken. You can bet the word will get out quickly and the bikes will be left on the trailers to avoid fines and people can still enjoy the passion of motorcycling so prevalent in Weirs Beach during bike week...

The majority of the money up there comes from people who have homes on the lakes in the area. Those folks can certainly afford to do without the bike week revenue, I can assure you.

I would think passage of this law would make the loud pipes crowd happy. It's proof that they were quite successful at irritating the majority of the populace with their loud bikes. That is the point of loud pipes, is it not?

Americade enforced it.

Made the place much more bearable.

Putting his hands in the air, like he just doesn't care.
    Check out my eBay store!
    Dave - Motorace - Michelin

sure

sure.....

I have no intention of arguing with any of you. It's a losing battle I can see. Legalspeed said it..the mighty dollar rules.

Heath Smith
    LRRS/CCS #337
    Low Down Racing
    www.racetireservice.com
    www.motorbikesplus.com
    Power by Dr. Hillsgrove

05' KTM 525SMR,
    01' YZ426F
    05' Reiju RS1

Everybody to the limit!

Originally posted by oreo_n2
    oh great, something to look forward to!
    I'm not arguing with you, donut fucker. You stole my boots (before I even knew they were mine!) You can go to hell and die!

Originally posted by Honclfibr
    I didn't mean anything personal by it, I was just trying to use an example. I wouldn't actually ever drive my truck around your neighborhood with no exhaust, believe me it's a crime against humanity, gave me a headache that lasted a day just moving it from one driveway to the next like that

Don't think we've met yet but I'm sure we will at some point, no hard feelings, I just like to argue. It's my third favorite thing after motorcycling and skiing, and since it's now too warm to ski and too cold to ride, I figure the next week or two is argument season
    HA! now that is funny... Laconia is Locania cuz of the bikes...

If the bikers didnt patronize laconia every year local business would go under.....

If the locals dont move...it isnt like this just started..lol

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Is exup a baffle ?

Glen Beck is John the Baptist

Originally posted by bigred875
    HA! now that is funny... Laconia is Locania cuz of the bikes...

If the bikers didnt patronize laconia every year local business would go under.....

If the locals dont move...it isnt like this just started..lol
    Half of the Laconia area depends on bike week to keep their bussiness's open all year. The owner of Meredith Harley Davidson said he could only needed to be open for bike week to make a living. many of the bussiness know this. It's not them making up the laws it's the old farts and whineass's who are trying to protect me and you from ourselves.

So your telling me that a group of 10 - 50 motorcycles with exhausts with less than 110db will just go along quietly.

They have been trying to kill bike week for years now they are even trying to scale it back . If you notice the vendors have to close ealier and earlier each year. It's not about noise it's about stopping bikes

Straight pipes suck, bikes or anything else.
    I live on a state corridor for sleds. The people wi the straight pipe triples are obnoxious. And I enjoy sledding. I may even throw upa no trespassing sign next year. Have respect for other people, keep off the gas when near houses. Get away from houses. crack it open and have a good time.

Originally posted by cbrf41999
    Straight pipes suck, bikes or anything else.
    I live on a state corridor for sleds. The people wi the straight pipe triples are obnoxious. And I enjoy sledding. I may even throw upa no trespassing sign next year. Have respect for other people, keep off the gas when near houses. Get away from houses. crack it open and have a good time.

Well said!!!!!

Life is a challenge. You can take the risk and experience it, or sit back and watch it go by. I choose to experience it. (W.L.Heath)

Fear is the incubated subjective perception of the inevitable.

Re: threadjack

Hey Cue Ball...Your quote kills me! "All I want for Xmas is another rear tyre" so nice!! Tell Santa to double that order!!! And make em slicks for me! heeheee
    Yeah, the Busa really sucks on rear tires, couple of good long rips on the highway and a few times show boatin' for the locals and its balder than my dome. Luckily, I can get oem rear for like $130 so its not too bad.

All I want for Christmas is another rear tire.....

http://www.ratemythong.com/indexhome.php

Well...........

Boats and car exhausts have noise criteria.

Loud cars get pulled over and the NH State Police have a system to measure boats under power on the lakes too.

So my Q is:
    If its 110Db for bikes, is it the same for boats and cages?

If its a "motor" vehicle.........they should all be on par, or its singling out one type vs. the others.......

-Suf Daddy

Suf Daddy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast